The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull univeristy Music undergraduate

Anyone studying Music at Hull hopefully in September? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I am :smile: I am really excited, I just hope I get in!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
what instruments do you play? :smile:

and hopefully i am!
I play flute and a bit of piano :smile: how about you?
Reply 4
I am mainly a singer but play the piano and violin too :smile:
that is awesome! What halls are you staying in btw?
Reply 6
grant at the lawns :smile: you?
Reply 7
Original post by gclark
grant at the lawns :smile: you?

I'm doing Music and staying in Grant too :biggrin: What block are you in?
Reply 8
Here's a question - Are any of you planning on staying with your current instrumental teachers or are you planning on finding new ones in Hull? I believe the university don't provide specific teachers, just recommend good ones in the area and give you money towards your lessons. I'm currently in Sheffield and my singing teacher is probably ranked as one of the best in Yorkshire, if not the UK and I really don't want to leave her. My main question is whether you think the university will allow me to do this. Secondly (and this is unlikely) do you think they'd put towards travel costs?
As I live in London I am going to look for a flute teacher in Hull and I have been told of some good ones around there. As the university leaves it up to you to find a music teacher so I am sure it will be fine for you to carry on lessons with your singing teacher :smile: though I don't know if they will pay for travel costs
Reply 10
Original post by Caitykinss
I'm doing Music and staying in Grant too :biggrin: What block are you in?

GRANT D 13 A, you?
Original post by gclark
GRANT D 13 A, you?

Ah, I'm in Grant E 03! I think we're quite near each other :biggrin:
Reply 12
ah brilliant!

did you get in? :biggrin:
I'm in! :biggrin: Are you? I'm so happy!
Reply 14
I did this degree :smile:
I am in too!! I am so happy and excited :biggrin:
Reply 16
I'm in to study music too! Will be staying at Thwaites. I play piano as my first instrument, with double bass as my second and also sing. I'm very excited to go!
Reply 17
Original post by Caitykinss
I'm in! :biggrin: Are you? I'm so happy!

yeah i am in too! can't wait! we shall have to meet up when we get there, seen as we are both studying Music and in the same accommodation :smile:
Original post by gclark
yeah i am in too! can't wait! we shall have to meet up when we get there, seen as we are both studying Music and in the same accommodation :smile:

I'm so excited! We'll definitely have to meet up :biggrin:
Original post by Rosiegsm
I'm in to study music too! Will be staying at Thwaites. I play piano as my first instrument, with double bass as my second and also sing. I'm very excited to go!

I am staying at Thwaite Hall as well! I can't wait :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest