The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What does everyone think of the Edexcel past papers? Some questions are very easy, some are quite challenging...
Reply 41
Original post by scoutzawwar
can you send me the link to? :colondollar:

I'm not sure it has a solution bank on the site, but I'll send it to you anyway.

And if anybody on EDEXCEL and AQA wants a good site for past papers here's one.
www.mathspapers.co.uk/edexcel.html
Reply 42
Original post by scoutzawwar
can you send me the link to? :colondollar:

Here's the link I sent to the other guy.
www.studentforums.biz/reference-material-83/edexcel-math-collection-(-c1-4-fp1-3-m1-5-s1-4-d1-2-)/
Thanks much.

and on a side note is there anything like that big folder of exam papers for edexcel's C2 exam?
having actually read the thread I eagerly await Brittanna to upload the C2 one :angelwings:
Original post by captainaesthetic
having actually read the thread I eagerly await Brittanna to upload the C2 one :angelwings:

Were all the papers there for you in the M1 one, or only the Solomon papers?
Reply 47
Original post by brittanna

can you upload the zipped file onto tsr rather than that website??

that may have been why i only got 1/3 of the whole file :s-smilie:

Everything's there thank you :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
A lot of people look to be concentrating on past papers to get a good grade. I don't think that past papers help a lot in maths. The more important think is to work from the book and understand each and every concept.

I usually do only 1-3 past papers for every maths exam, but for M1 i had more time so i did around 6 papers and i scored 100/100. I worked really hard through the book, solved every question from it including the review exercises. The review exercises tend to contain more difficult question than which you will expect in the exams, so they are a better practice than past papers.

I don't think it to be worth to use time on past papers unless a person is confident with his concepts. Trying to master all type of questions is more important than spending time on papers.

If you try to understand each and every concept than there is no need to do past papers. This is my own experience, i did no past paper for M2 but still got 90(raw marks: 71/75, should have got full but made some silly mistakes).

The edexcel past papers usually contain simple question so they are by no means a good preparation.

I don't know much about solomon's because i don't do past papers. I did solve the question 5 in the paper k, someone said about it so i thought to have a look at the solomon, it wasn't difficult at all, just required a bit of understanding of the situation.

So finally my advice will be to look at your weaknesses, if you are getting above 70 out of 75 on past papers then it is worth to practice but if you are getting less than 70/75 then you need to go back to your book and prepare the topics you make mistakes on again.
Reply 53
I removed the textbook and zipped it, but tsr said it was too large. Then i tried doing the edexcel and solomon ones seperately, but it still says they are too large. So i think that's the only way i can do it. Sorry :frown:

I've also uploaded them to mediafire if you want to download them from there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x1mxewdgt9nl5hp (C2)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?447cf717388gakz (M1)

no worries. i've managed to get the C2 stuff from the mediafire link but the M1 doesn't work :/

do you have C3 and C4 yet??

THanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
I don't have C3 and C4 yet. I will try and get them up during the easter holidays, but i have physics coursework and general revision to do for now. Sorry.

no worries. Thank you very much for the C2 and M1 :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by raheem94
A lot of people look to be concentrating on past papers to get a good grade. I don't think that past papers help a lot in maths. The more important think is to work from the book and understand each and every concept.

I usually do only 1-3 past papers for every maths exam, but for M1 i had more time so i did around 6 papers and i scored 100/100. I worked really hard through the book, solved every question from it including the review exercises. The review exercises tend to contain more difficult question than which you will expect in the exams, so they are a better practice than past papers.

I don't think it to be worth to use time on past papers unless a person is confident with his concepts. Trying to master all type of questions is more important than spending time on papers.

If you try to understand each and every concept than there is no need to do past papers. This is my own experience, i did no past paper for M2 but still got 90(raw marks: 71/75, should have got full but made some silly mistakes).

The edexcel past papers usually contain simple question so they are by no means a good preparation.

I don't know much about solomon's because i don't do past papers. I did solve the question 5 in the paper k, someone said about it so i thought to have a look at the solomon, it wasn't difficult at all, just required a bit of understanding of the situation.

So finally my advice will be to look at your weaknesses, if you are getting above 70 out of 75 on past papers then it is worth to practice but if you are getting less than 70/75 then you need to go back to your book and prepare the topics you make mistakes on again.

Hey there, are you on the Edexcel spec? If so, do you have the Heinmann books? The review exercises in there are pretty much all exam questions so effectively, those are past papers themselves!!

I agree with part of what you say; first understand the concept and every section of the chapter, then do the mixed exercise

But once you've done that, it is certainly worth doing past papers, so often in maths, as they can only change so much every year (ie the numbers used) , they tend to have almost identical questions in papers! I did at least 20 for both C1 and C2 and it certainly helped perfect my exam technique and paid off as I got both 100s in jan.

I would advise everyone to learn the chapter but then go on and do the edexcel papers for the last 4 years and then the solomons - they tend to have the harder questions from each exercise but are still the exact topics and are very straight forward!

Good luck to everyone for the summer!
Reply 57
Original post by Mr Tough
Hey there, are you on the Edexcel spec? If so, do you have the Heinmann books? The review exercises in there are pretty much all exam questions so effectively, those are past papers themselves!!

I agree with part of what you say; first understand the concept and every section of the chapter, then do the mixed exercise

But once you've done that, it is certainly worth doing past papers, so often in maths, as they can only change so much every year (ie the numbers used) , they tend to have almost identical questions in papers! I did at least 20 for both C1 and C2 and it certainly helped perfect my exam technique and paid off as I got both 100s in jan.

I would advise everyone to learn the chapter but then go on and do the edexcel papers for the last 4 years and then the solomons - they tend to have the harder questions from each exercise but are still the exact topics and are very straight forward!

Good luck to everyone for the summer!

Yes, i am on edexcel, and i used the Heinmann books.

Review exercises contain a lot harder questions than past papers. The past papers have simple question which i don't think are a good practice, i don't do many past papers, but i do solve all the review exercises, and it works out well for me.

I don't think it is worth to do 20 past papers. I will certainly solve so many papers for subjects other than maths, but in maths if you understand all the concepts then you can spend time on other subjects rather than doing papers.
Reply 58
I really find moments tricky for some reason...l really need to revise it because it's the one thing I keep getting wrong :frown:
Original post by Mouth
I really find moments tricky for some reason...l really need to revise it because it's the one thing I keep getting wrong :frown:

When i first did moments, i struggled to understand which way it would turn. So I physically had to put my finger on the point I was taking moments about and rotate the paper. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending