The Student Room Group

What do YOU do when you see a spider in your room?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I scream. Like a girl (almost literally). But I think I may have arachnophobia. I sometimes get almost panic attacks.

Then I hit it with something big, take a tissue and flush it down the toilet. I feel bad, because I know they are a vital part of the ecosystem, killing other, worse insects, but I can't help myself.

Once I captured a real massive one in a glass and put it outside. I was so proud.
Original post by Kallisto
That is embarrassing a little bit, isn't it? As long as your brother is fearless...

haha yeah X_X
Original post by SoulfulBoy
I become Spiderman.

You are funny! :grin: Did you have buy a custome for your heroics? :colone:

Original post by satisfactionatlast
haha yeah X_X

It stand to reason to have fear of a spider which is really dangerous. But fear of harmless one? I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous in my point of view. Or do you have a psychosis too?

Is there really not a member who buys a terrarium and is capturing spiders when he/she sees ones in a room and keep them as pets? I was trying to capture a spider in the age of 11 or 12, but it's failed: although I captured a spider it died in my plastic container...
I make a sandwich
Reply 204
talk to it diplomatically until we both reach an agreement by which the spider will leave under the condition that i do it no harm.....we never tend to settle for agreements. the spiders like to play the "silent game"
Original post by GeneralOJB
Freeze and stare at it, then slowly back off.

AHaha I remember when I did exactly the same thing. I am not usually scared of spiders but there was once a spider which must have been about 7 centimetres wide and about 6 centimetres in length. It was soooo big, so I managed to capture him in a little container then chucked him in the freezer. I then forgot about him, so the next day I took him out and he was as hard as a rock
Reply 206
If it's small I'll clasp it in my hand and put it out the window or door. If it's big I'll catch it in something and let it out. I don't kill them... I used to have rabbits and was only too glad to have more spiders in the garden to prevent flystrike ^_^
Reply 207
Scream, run out of the room and close the door then call my dad(who thinks I have had some major accident) and ask him to remove it. I know, I'm a wimp.
Reply 208
Original post by dylantombides
AHaha I remember when I did exactly the same thing. I am not usually scared of spiders but there was once a spider which must have been about 7 centimetres wide and about 6 centimetres in length. It was soooo big, so I managed to capture him in a little container then chucked him in the freezer. I then forgot about him, so the next day I took him out and he was as hard as a rock

You should have left him to defreeze, just a little experiment to see whether it would be possibleWalt Disney would be alive once he was defroze.:smile:
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Where's the phonebook?
Original post by Alofleicester
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! Where's the phonebook?
Who you gonna call? :holmes:
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Who you gonna call? :holmes:

I tried ringing them, but got the automated message: "This number has been lame since 1984".
Original post by TCalderbank
I make a sandwich

And then a spider, which is scrambling on a wall, falls down into your sandwich what would you do? eating a sandwich which smacked on spider? :laugh:
catch it ... chase my sister around a bit (she doesnt like spiders)... try and give it to my mum (also doesnt like spiders)... chuck it into the garden
We get LOADS of rather big spiders :biggrin:
i always feel the need to take a photo of it too :s-smilie:

Spoiler

(for 4 years i thought the card from my little camera didnt fit in my laptop... turns out it does... its just awkward... how stupid do i feel!)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
catch it ... chase my sister around a bit (she doesnt like spiders)... try and give it to my mum (also doesnt like spiders)... chuck it into the garden
We get LOADS of rather big spiders :biggrin:
(...)

You are nasty. :naughty: By the way what is the name of the spider which you have hidden in your spoiler?
You are nasty. :naughty: By the way what is the name of the spider which you have hidden in your spoiler?

he doesnt have a name :frown: ...maybe i should start naming them.... poor nameless spiders :frown:
x
You are funny! :grin: Did you have buy a custome for your heroics? :colone:

It stand to reason to have fear of a spider which is really dangerous. But fear of harmless one? I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous in my point of view. Or do you have a psychosis too?

Is there really not a member who buys a terrarium and is capturing spiders when he/she sees ones in a room and keep them as pets? I was trying to capture a spider in the age of 11 or 12, but it's failed: although I captured a spider it died in my plastic container...

well I don't know if this makes sense or not, but as a kid, I used to collect bugs in jars and stuff. Until one day, one of them crawled on me, this huge black ant (the biting ones) crawled on my jeans and went INSIDE! From that day, I hated all insects, and felt so disgusted by them. EVEN BUTTERFLIES. It's not that I'm scared, I just find them repulsing and utterly disgusting now...Does it make sense now?
And then a spider, which is scrambling on a wall, falls down into your sandwich what would you do? eating a sandwich which smacked on spider? :laugh:

i meant make a sandwich using the spider as a filling? haha :P
Smash it till its a flattened mess with my slippers.
Reply 219
Drag the cat in and have him chase it down.

Quick Reply

Latest