The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ily_em
I'd say donating eggs is a much bigger deal though. There is more effort involved in the actual process, and donating eggs is a harder decision than giving away a pint of your blood. Also:

http://www.bridge-eggdonor.com/more_information.htm

So it's not exactly like being paid.

Not quite. It's now a one off payment of £750 for upto 10 eggs, in one cycle. Actual payment for the eggs, not just cover of expenses and wages lost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15356148

oh and also... http://www.carefertility.com/donation-programme-sc3/donating-eggs-and-embryos-sj3/
(edited 11 years ago)
you arrive late to lectures because you couldn't find your keys...
Reply 1602
You upload, I hate not having money ( from an ipad..)
4012761_700b.jpg
Reply 1604
I sat on my bed this afternoon and kind of zoned out, thniking about all sorts of things I had to do. I just sat there in my own little world, I looked at my phone and realised I'd just been sat perfectly still for half an hour.

That is how to procrastinate kids. I don't even need a laptop. :awesome:
Reply 1605
going for 'just one drink' at a bar ends up with you still at an after party at 10 am the next day/
Reply 1606
you can't be bothered going to the toilet just to piss when there's a perfectly good sink in your room
when you eat cereals for lunch
your laptop/PC never gets shut down during the exam season - only put on sleep mode.
Reply 1609
1.The only Law you can effortlessly quote is Murphy's Law (bloody printers).
2.You immediately pick up your pen when you hear the phrase "The time is..."
3. You go to the bank just to get some pens.
(edited 11 years ago)
You can't go out because of a 9am essay deadline, so you make an arrangement to meet up at 4:30am with drinks to catch the end of the night.
Reply 1611
Within 2 days of starting your revision timetable, you've managed to swap round the study/free time ratio
Original post by Samus2
going for 'just one drink' at a bar ends up with you still at an after party at 10 am the next day/

LOL so true.

I threw a houseparty one night which started at 9, ended up with people making wedges at 7am and then playing monopoly until the boys realised at 11.30 that they had to be a varsity match for 12 so that's when everyone left :rofl2:
when you find yourself weighing up the benefits of caffeine induced assignment writing and the inevitable fallout the next day, or a good night's sleep with the frantic, guilt-ridden assignment writing the next day...

I write this while staring at my 350ml red bull. =/
When you find the frying steak in your fridge is a bit dried out...and you think "Meh, I'll just marinate it in mustard, nobody will ever know".

P.S Can anyone tell me if this steak is going to kill me and/or my girlfriend?
When you buy 100 balloons for your friends birthday, manage to blow them all up without passing out and then smuggle them into their room without them seeing. Then watch them dive into the homemade balloon pit when everybody is well and truely sozzled :smile: commence balloon orgy :biggrin:
Reply 1616
You rely on the free ketchup, sugar, salt and milk from Maccy Ds as tomato soup for a week until you break up.

Top tip there.
Reply 1617
When you're laziest on the last few weeks of the year when there are no lectures (more or less)
When everyone else stumbles back to their homes drunkenly, you stumble back tiredly after an all nighter at the library...
Reply 1619
After sitting exams all week you realise it's finally friday afternoon.. and you take a long nap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending