The Student Room Group

Primeval Series 6 thread

Series 6 is expected to air in Fall 2012,on watch in the UK.It is now 100% Canadian now and there will be a full new main cast but characters from Series 5 could appear for an episode-Lester is rumoured.
Confirmed Cast:
Main Cast:Niall Matter(Evan Cross),Sara Canning(Dylan Weir),Miranda Frigon(Ange Finch),Crystal Lowe(Toby Nance)Geoff Gustafson (Ken Leeds) and Danny Rahim(Mac Rendell).
Guest Starring:Andrew-Lee Potts(Connor Temple) ,in Episode 1.
Filming Started 29/02/12.
There will be 13x45 minutes-longest series yet:colondollar:

No Primeval fans on TSR today?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sounds good, according to Wikipedia it will be called Primeval: New World and the tone of the series has been described as "older, darker and scarier" than the original.
Reply 2
To be honest I'm not interested in the Canadian one as it won't have the characters that I've grown to love. Even Lester appearing a few times wouldn't be much of a consolation. Although it would be amusing to see how people react to his sarcasm :p:. If they do make it 'older, darker and scarier' I hope they keep the humour. Also I'm a little peeved since the existence of New World makes a UK series 6 extrememly unlikely; I don't see why ITV would spend money on it. I think I'm just bitter :grin:.
Reply 3
Connor will appear in Episode 1.
Reply 5
if anyone can't stand the wait:
My Primeval Series 1-5 trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVLqkhDfwfY
Reply 6
http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/Primeval+World+will+unleash+dinosaurs+Stanley+Park/6387773/story.html
Giant Prehistoric Snake confirmed and from the description of the set and location photos, I'm fairly certain this monster will be in episode 2 and I'm now really looking forward to the new series because i really wanted something like titanboa in the show after seeing harry potter and the chamber of secrets and recently i seen an image of someone's attempt to the scale of man to titanboa,which seems coincidental because a titanboa like creature will appear but not necessarily titanboa.Cast promos:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.341234592589511.78647.231725296873775&type=1
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
There should be a Primeval Series 6 trailer at the Expo in Vancouver,which is on Next Saturday and I really hope this trailer gets released on-line because I need to see a trailer for the new season desperately because Autumn is still a long wait. I'm quite appalled at how little people seem to be interested in the new series of Primeval from the responses in this thread but I suppose there is still hope and I will also add it seems quite likely that Connor will appear in more than one episode,which sounds like a great idea tome.
Reply 8
Just to keep you updated I have added pictures of the 6 main characters announced for Series 6 with all the main characters on the show so far but there will probably be more than 6 main characters in Series 6 anyway.I have identified the status of all our characters as tick-they are going to appear,?-they're circumstances are unknown and nothing is confirmed and X as no they aren't going to appear because they are dead.Here is the image:primeval.jpg
meh - connor is my fave character. if he's not one of the main cast I'm gonna be a bit unenchanted with it I think.
Reply 10
nooooo what about the actual UK series 6??"!
Reply 11
if they start a completely new plot, so many unresolved questions will be left behind! :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
meh - connor is my fave character. if he's not one of the main cast I'm gonna be a bit unenchanted with it I think.

Connor has been confirmed to be in at least one episode and the way he has seemed in interviews suggests he may be in 3 or 4 episodes.Here is a primeval series 6 trailer-be warned though because the trailer features creatures from series 4/5 because none of the CGI creatures have been confirmed.There will be some great creatures with Albertosaurus,Dracorex,Raptor,Pteranodon and Titanoboa supposedly lined up for the new series but only Titanoboa has been fully confirmed.
Original post by Dalek1099
Connor has been confirmed to be in at least one episode and the way he has seemed in interviews suggests he may be in 3 or 4 episodes.

It's still not the same.

Don't get me wrong, I'll very likely watch it anyway, but I'm kinda bummed about it going Canadian and changing so much.
Reply 14
It's still not the same.

Don't get me wrong, I'll very likely watch it anyway, but I'm kinda bummed about it going Canadian and changing so much.

It still means that the series continues and to be honest logically it seems the right thing for the show to do because people have lost interest in Primeval and they really need to change it so that it can attract new viewers and we couldn't really expect any of the original characters to stay on the show anyway and the creatures and the anomalies make the show not the characters and are you sure they can't produce characters just as good as Connor or better because they could.There wouldn't even be a new series if Canada hadn't saved it because ITV look as if they might not even show the Series 5 episodes they have paid for.

Connor's in at least one episode(the pilot) so I would advise you see that to see Connor and decide whether the characters are any good because it really is worth trying and I'm really looking forward to this series just as any other,especially witha Titanoboa confirmed and Connor will appear in some form,in at least one episode, so its not too bad.
Original post by Dalek1099
It still means that the series continues and to be honest logically it seems the right thing for the show to do because people have lost interest in Primeval and they really need to change it so that it can attract new viewers and we couldn't really expect any of the original characters to stay on the show anyway and the creatures and the anomalies make the show not the characters and are you sure they can't produce characters just as good as Connor or better because they could.There wouldn't even be a new series if Canada hadn't saved it because ITV look as if they might not even show the Series 5 episodes they have paid for.

Connor's in at least one episode(the pilot) so I would advise you see that to see Connor and decide whether the characters are any good because it really is worth trying and I'm really looking forward to this series just as any other,especially witha Titanoboa confirmed and Connor will appear in some form,in at least one episode, so its not too bad.

lol I don't watch it JUST for Connor (he's my eye-candy though haha :redface: ) - I do like the plots and the creatures and everything, but still - to say that the characters don't make the show good, well of course they do, they are just as much the show as the creatures and everything else. Without good characters, a show won't thrive, no matter how good the plot and effects are.

I'm gonna watch it with an open mind (because I'm good like that lol), but I do wish it was still UK based and with at least ONE original main character as a full time cast member - even if that wasn't Connor. But I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
lol I don't watch it JUST for Connor (he's my eye-candy though haha :redface: ) - I do like the plots and the creatures and everything, but still - to say that the characters don't make the show good, well of course they do, they are just as much the show as the creatures and everything else. Without good characters, a show won't thrive, no matter how good the plot and effects are.

I'm gonna watch it with an open mind (because I'm good like that lol), but I do wish it was still UK based and with at least ONE original main character as a full time cast member - even if that wasn't Connor. But I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

I agree with this. The characters are a huge part of the show for me and I just don't think it will be the same :frown:. If enough people watch series 5 on ITV then series 6 might still be a reality.
Connor and Abby made the show watchable in series 4 + 5. once Cutter died, it was all downhill :frown:
Reply 18
http://thedoctorwhospoilersblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/connor-to-appear-in-more-than-1-episode.html

Connor will appear in more than one episode,Primeval Series 6 is going to be great.
Reply 19
Two Episode Titles confirmed:colone:pisode 4:Angry Birds and Episode 8:Truth

So far confirmed creatures are Albertosaurus,Pteranodon,Raptor,Titanoboa,Terror Birds and Triceratops.

Quick Reply

Latest