The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester applicants 2011

So who out there is applying to go to Worcester and what for? I'm applying for Archaeology and ecology and it's my first choice (just I think) because its the only place that allows me to combine these and I'm enjoying A level archaeology so much that I wish I could carry it on. Plus doing this joint would set me up with a chance to work for UNESCO because I could do both the archaeology and biodiversity side or also for National Trust/English Heritage.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im applying for English and History, still waiting for an acknowledgement. (: Ive never been there before so would be grateful if anyone could tell me what its like?
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Original post by lsharkey3
Im applying for English and History, still waiting for an acknowledgement. (: Ive never been there before so would be grateful if anyone could tell me what its like?

i'm applying for Politics and business management, there's open days on Wednesday and Thursday, why don't you come, hey we might bump into each other :tongue:

If you can't make it, I'll tell you what it was like. Just quote me on Thursday night so I can tell you about it:rolleyes:
Reply 3
Hi yeah, i wont be able to come along, but i'll deffo quote you and find out what you thought! :smile: thanks x
Reply 4
Original post by pinda.college
i'm applying for Politics and business management, there's open days on Wednesday and Thursday, why don't you come, hey we might bump into each other :tongue:

If you can't make it, I'll tell you what it was like. Just quote me on Thursday night so I can tell you about it:rolleyes:

Heyy (: how did you find the open day? x:smile:
Heyy (: how did you find the open day? x:smile:

:smile: You remebered to quote, yayyy lol.
Well, were should I start. When I got to Worcester I was shocked by the number of students walking to the university with folders and books. This clearly shows they students are well organised and dedicated to work.:wink:When I got to the St Johns campus (Not the one in town) I had to find a parking space, there's loads of carparks however, it was rammed yesterday because the pay and display machines had been covered with plastic bags, so nobody had to pay (Only because it was an open day). When I finally found a spot, I parked up, ate an apple (Random, Yes I know:tongue:). Then I finally got the balls to get off my fat ass and go to the reception (I found it easily, everything was signposted and directed). I signed my name and was given a bag to hold the freebies etc. I then walked around before talking to the course lecturers. I saw the cafe (Looks nice, nice food, nice quiet place to read/revise and very warm). I then saw the gym (Nice place to train, they've got everything). Everone seemed friendly and acknowledged we were new, so they offered loads of help. I then checked out some of the accomodation rooms (They were lovely, plasma TC's, mini-fridges, clean toilets and showers). I then went to the library and it's amazing, loads of computers, books on everything and all you can eat fruit bar :smile: (Cost 1 pound per student). They have a tea/coffee machines as well. nearly everywhere you turned had vending machines and water fountains:wink: and you know in Argos they have those pencil holders, the university has loads of them filled with rulers, pens and pencils across the corridors, so you'll never need to borrow off friends:eek::eek: The lecture halls were huge and everything else concerning learning rescources was brilliant.
PS- They're building a bar and pool room, which should be up and running next month:biggrin:

Did I help?
Reply 6
Awh wow you were loads of help! thanks so much :smile: It sounds greatt, really glad i applied now (: just want an offer! is it your first choice or an insurance? xx
Reply 7
I've had an acknowledgement today for archaeology and ecology! Hope it doesn't take too long for offers.
I haven't applied through UCAS yet, plan to do it this week or next. Need to perfect my personal statement :smile: Good luck guys. Keep this thread going, I'm sure there's more applicants looking for a thread likr this :wink:

Ditto! Snap! Whatever xD!
Reply 10
Original post by Adjectiveless
Ditto! Snap! Whatever xD!

ahhh really! (: woww scary, let me knoww how you do/what your offer iss (:
what grades are you applying with?? x
ahhh really! (: woww scary, let me knoww how you do/what your offer iss (:
what grades are you applying with?? x

4Cs at AS, 3 As, 8Bs and a C at GCSE.

You?
Hi, just to add a note to the thread for those applying or thinking of applying to Worcester uni.
I did my BSc (Hons) degree there. Totally mint place, some awesome lecturers and keep getting awards for the standard of education.
I'm off to Worcester today, applying for 2011 for a PhD research place.

Wish you all the best of luck with your applications wherever you're going, hopefully i'll be at Worcester and will see some of you there.

Cheers.
Reply 13
How's everyone's applications going? Got my offer from Worcester a couple of weeks ago now archaeology & heritage studies and ecology of 260 UCAS points. It might be my firm or insurance. I'm still not sure whether it would be better to concentrate purely on ecology or study archaeology as well as I find it interesting. Also I've found out that the woman that did the talk on the open day who was not very enthusiastic about it and put me off it isn't even an ecology lecturer. So do they have open days after you get an offer because I could really do with having another look around and actually being told about the ecology course more by an ecology lecturer.
Reply 14
hi everyone! i'm currently in my first year at worcester university studying early childhood studies and loving it so much.
i could say 100's of great things about worcester university, love it so much and am so glad i chose to go there.
if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask me anything and i'll try my best to answer them for you.

merry christmas!
Just out of interest, this is the University of Worcester in Worcester, Worcestershire West Midlands right?

Sorry but loads of people keep talking of a different one :/
I've applied for Forensic Biology, and got an offer for BCC. Very happy about that!
I also applied for Forensic Psychology, with the same offer.
Reply 17
Original post by S129439
Just out of interest, this is the University of Worcester in Worcester, Worcestershire West Midlands right?

Sorry but loads of people keep talking of a different one :/

Yes thats this one. A different one? I didn't even know there was another town called Worcester never mind another university.
Reply 18
Original post by Tabers
So who out there is applying to go to Worcester and what for? I'm applying for Archaeology and ecology and it's my first choice (just I think) because its the only place that allows me to combine these and I'm enjoying A level archaeology so much that I wish I could carry it on. Plus doing this joint would set me up with a chance to work for UNESCO because I could do both the archaeology and biodiversity side or also for National Trust/English Heritage.

Hey, i'm from Staffordshire and went to Worcester Uni.
It's a great, friendly little city and i'm sure you'll love it if you go.
Reply 19
Original post by Infernal
Hey, i'm from Staffordshire and went to Worcester Uni.
It's a great, friendly little city and i'm sure you'll love it if you go.

Yeah it looks nice and not too big. I don't want to go anywhere too big and busy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending