The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by puddleduck
Erm... this thread is specifically "stupid things done in medical interviews...:tongue:

No I know I know I know; I knew someone would say that! But some of these could happen in ANY interview and it's making me nervous!
Original post by such_a_lady
No I know I know I know; I knew someone would say that! But some of these could happen in ANY interview and it's making me nervous!

Oops sorry I get you :smile: Haha in the same vein, I'm absolutely terrified of saying "Yeah, I want to be a paedophile.... no wait! I mean paediatrician!" Ah that would be horrific >.<
Reply 82
Original post by puddleduck
Oops sorry I get you :smile: Haha in the same vein, I'm absolutely terrified of saying "Yeah, I want to be a paedophile.... no wait! I mean paediatrician!" Ah that would be horrific >.<

hahahahaha I thought the same, paedophile lol. Would be sososos funny...and awkward :tongue:
Reply 83
Original post by Doctor.
hahahahaha I thought the same, paedophile lol. Would be sososos funny...and awkward :tongue:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/vigilante-mob-attacks-home-of-paediatrician-710864.html
I just turned into a complete weirdo in my Newcastle interview and proceeded to make hideous jokes throughout

They also asked me how I de-stressed, to which I replied "I like to go running" and I have no idea why but I decided to do a little running action, just in case they didn't know what I meant. So there I was, sat on my chair top half running, bottom half rocking from side to side with an inane grin on myself.

I also told the interviewer he looked like Gordon Brown ffs, what was I thinking!?

I got an offer, maybe being a fool in an interview is a good thing?
Reply 85
At a mock interview today they asked me "how do you cope with stress?"...
I replied "smoke marijuana"..:facepalm:
Reply 87
Oh God, I'll be back here in a few weeks with a massive list of stuff I'm sure!
A friend of mine managed to imply the Oxford interviewer was a mouse.
'So you do karate?'
'yes, I-' (cuts me off for the tenth time in that interview)
'Do you take part in tournaments?'
'No....' -pause- (me thinking SO NOW HE STOPS CUTTING ME OFF? WHAT DOES HE WANT FROM ME??! REDEEM YOURSELF WOMAN)
...'I'm not a violent person.'
wtf.

The guy just kept cutting me off. I still can't figure out whether it was on purpose, or if he was just bored of me. Was not a fun time.
Original post by Awesomeosaurus
'So you do karate?'
'yes, I-' (cuts me off for the tenth time in that interview)
'Do you take part in tournaments?'
'No....' -pause- (me thinking SO NOW HE STOPS CUTTING ME OFF? WHAT DOES HE WANT FROM ME??! REDEEM YOURSELF WOMAN)
...'I'm not a violent person.'
wtf.

The guy just kept cutting me off. I still can't figure out whether it was on purpose, or if he was just bored of me. Was not a fun time.

Lool, where was this interview?
Reply 91
Original post by stroppyninja
My stupid moment was wearing one navy sock, and one black sock. I left my house when it was dark, and my room is dimly lit. Needless to say I aced my interview, but they declined me for shoddy dress sense.

A friend of mine was incredibly boring at a cambridge interview
One of his interviewers slowly slid down his chair as the interview progressed, and my friend didn't notice until this guy was sitting on the floor. He didn't get in.

Edit: Not a med interview, but when one of my sisters was being interviewed for cambridge, the interviewer said something a little mocking, so she stood up, shouted that if he couldn't be bothered to take the interview seriously, then she couldn't be bothered to waste her time, and walked out. 2 days later she got a phonecall saying she had a place. (this was about 25 years ago though).

how do you know that's why they turned you down?
Reply 92
Original post by jus2sik
I went for a job at a local GP's office for a part time receptionist. Interview was going well until they asked me if I had a criminal record, I stupidly blurted out WALKING ON THE MOON. They didnt get the reference and they asked me to leave, even after I tried to explain the joke I took from only fools and horses, they didnt want to hear it:eek:

Maybe that's because Walking on the Moon is a POLICE record.
Reply 93
It wasnt a med school interview but was for the UNOCHA when i was working abroad i was asked would i do anything to get this job.
It then without realising what i had said said. just about.. well i wouldn't sleep with you though. THEN tried to justify the situation by saying that you're good looking i just wouldn't sleep with you.
It went down the pan... but i got the contract WEHEY!
Walked in
Went to shake the guys hand
Shook the guys hand
Wiped the sweat sustained from the handshake on my trousers
Guys face = O_o
Original post by clarusblue
I just turned into a complete weirdo in my Newcastle interview and proceeded to make hideous jokes throughout

They also asked me how I de-stressed, to which I replied "I like to go running" and I have no idea why but I decided to do a little running action, just in case they didn't know what I meant. So there I was, sat on my chair top half running, bottom half rocking from side to side with an inane grin on myself.

I also told the interviewer he looked like Gordon Brown ffs, what was I thinking!?

I got an offer, maybe being a fool in an interview is a good thing?

Im actually taking notes on all of this

Right so , running demonstration = -thumbs up-
Reply 96
I left my bag in my Newcastle interview and had to go back and get it. Maybe not so major but definitely awkward!
Reply 97
Original post by xconfetti
I left my bag in my Newcastle interview and had to go back and get it. Maybe not so major but definitely awkward!

Would have been funnier if you ran in and asked..."DID I GE THE OFFER?!?!?!?!" while someone else is being interviewed. then casually pick your bag up and leaving :colone:
Reply 98
I left my bottle of water in the interview room on the floor next to the chair :colondollar: :lol:
Reply 99
Original post by Taffy Duck
Maybe that's because Walking on the Moon is a POLICE record.

damnit i even did the joke wrong, i didnt deserve the job :frown:

Latest