The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Ive got an invitation to a UCAS day at Surrey - (are we in competition for places)

Scroll to see replies

Hey, i do maths at surrey- My ucas day was basically an informal interview, some mini lectures and a tour. We didnt get offeres until the week afte rthe interview but thats not a long wait.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Hi! I've got an offer to do English with Creative writing. Though I don't get which grades the offer is made on. UCAS hasn't sent me any details about the conditions. Would it be the entry requirements for the course, which are ABB, or my predictions or something else?

I've also been invited a UCAS day, and I'm going to the one on the 9th February. Anyone else going to that one?
Reply 42
Original post by BeccaLorna
Ok so my UCAS visit day is on Wednesday and I'm terrified about it as Surrey's my first choice D:
Is it possible that I'll get interviewed or anything on the day? And what shall I wear?

I have the exact same worries, mine is a week on wednesday, what course are you applying for?
Reply 43
Original post by zainmahmood
Got my offer to read Law. Just booked in for the Surrey UCAS Open Day (Law M100)

Booked for the 26/01/2011.

Anyone booked in for this date?

When did you apply! what are your predicted grades!
Reply 44
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Hi! I've got an offer to do English with Creative writing. Though I don't get which grades the offer is made on. UCAS hasn't sent me any details about the conditions. Would it be the entry requirements for the course, which are ABB, or my predictions or something else?

I've also been invited a UCAS day, and I'm going to the one on the 9th February. Anyone else going to that one?

I received an offer for that exact course yesterday. The requirements are ABB*.
I'll be going to one of these open days, most likely the one on the 9th.

* Go to ucas.com, log onto your track and click the course code in red, should take you to an information page with the conditional offer.
Reply 45
I just recieved an offer for English with creative writing. It's ABB.
I think I'll be going to the ucas day on the 19th.
Original post by 1Unit1
I received an offer for that exact course yesterday. The requirements are ABB*.
I'll be going to one of these open days, most likely the one on the 9th.

* Go to ucas.com, log onto your track and click the course code in red, should take you to an information page with the conditional offer.

Thanks for the help! :biggrin: I managed to find the conditions in the end, but yeah, practicality is not my best point... As you can probably tell.

I might be seeing you there then! :biggrin:
Original post by Caarl
They only have 30 spaces for Politics (course I applied for aswell). The lecturer told me theyve had to reject anyone whos predicted BBB or less.... because apparently theyve had 750 applicants

That cant be true! That means Surrey has a 4% acceptance rate for Politics. LSE and their Economics BSc has a 6% acceptance rate
Original post by NGC773
That cant be true! That means Surrey has a 4% acceptance rate for Politics. LSE and their Economics BSc has a 6% acceptance rate

Is the 'acceptance rate' applicants/places, because if so the Surrey Economics department has a rate of 8%....
Reply 49
I just go an invitation for ucas open day on the 26th of jan (i'm applying to aerospace), I can't go though as i got a chemistry unit 4 exam on the same day :frown:

I need to contact surrey now and try re-arrrange the date for another one :frown:
Original post by haloturk
I just go an invitation for ucas open day on the 26th of jan (i'm applying to aerospace), I can't go though as i got a chemistry unit 4 exam on the same day :frown:

I need to contact surrey now and try re-arrrange the date for another one :frown:

Yep contact them asap, sooner rather than later

OP I had the email from surrey asking me to reply to let them know if I'm attending, I replied with a yes +1 guest, however my reply was in the evening on the deadline day. Whats happening now? I havent had a reply, should I wait for one
Reply 51
Original post by Lily!
I got two offers for International Hospitality Management & International Hospitality and Tourism Management! I need to get 32 IB points for both. I'm going to the UCAS day on Feb 19th! Anyone else been accepted for these courses??

I've got the conditional offer for Tourism Management too!! going to that applicant day in Feb... hopefully it all goes well :wink:)) anyone else for the same course?
Reply 52
not sure if I can be bothered to go... Mine will be on the 26th, so I have to rearrange because of an exam, and it costs £40 in train fares... Would they reimburse travel costs?
Reply 53
Original post by miike1234
Yes you'll be in direct competition with all the people there.

You should find out their names then go around campus causing destruction and making an idiot of yourself to the lecturers and when they ask who you are you give the names of the other people

Awesome :awesome:
Reply 54
Original post by dubfan
I've got the conditional offer for Tourism Management too!! going to that applicant day in Feb... hopefully it all goes well :wink:)) anyone else for the same course?

i got two unconditional offers, one for tourism, one for international tourism and hospitality .... but also got one of oxford brookes and dont know which one i should choose
is it true that the reputation of surrey is better? have u already visited the university, and if yes, how did u like it?

I dont know a lot about uk universities, and im not gonna be back in europe until june, so i cant even visit them before i gotta make my decision :frown: ... hope anyone can help me :smile:

and is it true that university fees will be raised by 300 percent?:confused:
Reply 55
Original post by Nicki101
i got two unconditional offers, one for tourism, one for international tourism and hospitality .... but also got one of oxford brookes and dont know which one i should choose
is it true that the reputation of surrey is better? have u already visited the university, and if yes, how did u like it?

I dont know a lot about uk universities, and im not gonna be back in europe until june, so i cant even visit them before i gotta make my decision :frown: ... hope anyone can help me :smile:

Hi
Yes I do believe that Surrey Uni has a better reputation than Oxford Brookes. :smile:
I don't know if this will help you - it's just a general ranking of most of the unis in the UK:

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug/universityguide.php

Good luck with it! Wish you the best!
Reply 56
Original post by Nicki101

Hi! Sorry for a really late reply.
Yes I did go to Surrey opening day and I absolutely loved it!! Surrey is no1 in UK and is well known in Europe and the rest of the world so personally it is my 1st choice :smile:
Hey guys, I'm applying to do maths at Surrey and I've been invited to a UCAS day which has an informal interview. For this interview, what sort of things do they ask, is it more about myself or will they ask me maths questions? I'm getting really nervous, help would be really appreciated!
Original post by Maths-geek
Hey guys, I'm applying to do maths at Surrey and I've been invited to a UCAS day which has an informal interview. For this interview, what sort of things do they ask, is it more about myself or will they ask me maths questions? I'm getting really nervous, help would be really appreciated!

Don't be nervous! I was reassured that the interview was fine and didn't believe anyone but it really was. They just chat rather than ask questions, the lecturer I had talked to me about a few things on my personal statement, showed me something relevant and interesting then asked me an easy maths question that I failed at haha. But it doesn't matter.

Basically if you've been invited to the maths UCAS day then you're gonna get an offer :smile: The tour guides should reassure you (If you have me and Robyn then we deffo will!) What day is your interview?
Original post by lilangel890
Don't be nervous! I was reassured that the interview was fine and didn't believe anyone but it really was. They just chat rather than ask questions, the lecturer I had talked to me about a few things on my personal statement, showed me something relevant and interesting then asked me an easy maths question that I failed at haha. But it doesn't matter.

Basically if you've been invited to the maths UCAS day then you're gonna get an offer :smile: The tour guides should reassure you (If you have me and Robyn then we deffo will!) What day is your interview?

Thanks, you've reassured me a bit now! I've got my interview on Wednesday so not long to go! Also, what's the dress code, I don't want to go over or underdressed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending