The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by BigFudamental
Sounds like the deal was done to send CP to Lakers for Gasol and Odom but that the league intervened because the owners protested. What is the league coming to....

what happened? :holmes:

edit: I checked

Reports say Shane Battier went to Miami along with Eddie Curry. ffs I want a point guard :emo:

Sign Deron Williams ffs :angry:

Or Rondo :mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by Stilo

VC used to be vicious.

VC my favourite player of all time, reason being when he was on da court, it was showtime baby ! best ingame dunker of all time
CP3 is seeking legal action
Reply 43
The Paul thing is so so ridiculous, Stern has to go after this. Like the Chandler aquisition for Knicks if it happens
Dang, Knicks set to sign Tyson Chandler, suddenly they become semi-legit. Bad news for TSR's very own Dallas Mavs...
Reply 45
The play looks like it could be to get Chandler now and then sign Steve Nash as a free agent next year and go for the ring
Reply 46
Original post by BigFudamental
Dang, Knicks set to sign Tyson Chandler, suddenly they become semi-legit. Bad news for TSR's very own Dallas Mavs...

We've been legit since we signed Amare my friend.

On a side note, I think paying nearly 60 million dollars for Chandler is a bit steep. This is a guy who before last season no one was talking about because of his knee problems. Between him and Amare we have two huge liabilities on the floor, so here's hoping. We're definitely making the playoffs again though, and who knows with all the reported deals on the table, Rondo could be in a hornets uniform before the end of the month and CP3 might be on the lakers.

For anyone who wants to point out that the NBA vetoed the 3 team trade that would send CP3 to the Lakers, the teams involved are set to appeal the decision.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Stilo
We've been legit since we signed Amare my friend.

With the Bulls and the Heat around, no you haven't :shifty:
Reply 48
Original post by S-man10
With the Bulls and the Heat around, no you haven't :shifty:

This doesn't make sense. How else do you classify a team that has made the playoffs? Amare was a legit MVP contender until the Melo trade, we finished the season with a winning record, etc. I'm fairly certain we are 'legit'.
Reply 49
Original post by Stilo
This doesn't make sense. How else do you classify a team that has made the playoffs? Amare was a legit MVP contender until the Melo trade, we finished the season with a winning record, etc. I'm fairly certain we are 'legit'.

i was classifying in terms of making the conference finals at least, or being a threat in the east which NY clearly wasn't last season.
I'm hearing another deal has been done for CP3
Celtics being the 3rd team this time instead of the Rockets
Original post by Stilo

On a side note, I think paying nearly 60 million dollars for Chandler is a bit steep. This is a guy who before last season no one was talking about because of his knee problems. Between him and Amare we have two huge liabilities on the floor, so here's hoping. We're definitely making the playoffs again though, and who knows with all the reported deals on the table, Rondo could be in a hornets uniform before the end of the month and CP3 might be on the lakers.

It's a risk but it's a smart move. The Knicks didn't really need more flashy offence (which is what Paul would have given them, to some extent, though he's also a great perimeter defender), what they need are a handful of players who bring a defensive mindset to the floor. Amare and Melo are going to score enough points any night, but they are also notorious defensive liabilities.

At the same time I can see why the Mavs didn't want to match that offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Brandon Roy retiring due to injuries.
Reply 53
Brandon Roy ffs :moon:
D12 requests a trade to the Nets I hear
No surprise about D12 asking a trade to the nets i still wouldnt be to worried about them, I think they will struggle to score. Dwight aint really the most gifted offensively call me an idiot but thats what i think and deron williams aint gonna be scoring 25 plus a game. Though their headed in the right direction. Miami and Chicago though still favourites for the eastern conf. finals.
Original post by johnharris19944
No surprise about D12 asking a trade to the nets i still wouldnt be to worried about them, I think they will struggle to score. Dwight aint really the most gifted offensively call me an idiot but thats what i think and deron williams aint gonna be scoring 25 plus a game. Though their headed in the right direction. Miami and Chicago though still favourites for the eastern conf. finals.

Yea I agree, should be fun to watch though. Eventually owners and GMs will begin to realise again that 1 star + 7 solid role playeres > 2 stars + 6 chumps.
I really Hope Miami win it but i still have my doubts, Curry i have a 50-50 opinion could be a good move but could turn out to suck hugely. Would have loved to have gotten Dalembert though maybe we can amnesty miller not quite sure though? :frown:
Reply 58
CP3 deal seems to have broken off, Dwight wants a trade :holmes:
Reply 59
Original post by johnharris19944
I really Hope Miami win it but i still have my doubts, Curry i have a 50-50 opinion could be a good move but could turn out to suck hugely. Would have loved to have gotten Dalembert though maybe we can amnesty miller not quite sure though? :frown:

I thnik they looked at what else was availible and decided to keep Miller, he is decent just overpaid so they might see how he goes this year and amnesty him next summer if it doesn't work out, I rate him though as a decent 6th or 7th man great outside shooter when hes on it, long and can defend a bit

Latest