The Student Room Group

CAS hour dilemma!

Hi guys, I'm currently finishing my first year of IB and I seriously have no CAS hours... I checked the CAS requirements and I'm freaking out because it said:

"Students are expected to be involved in CAS activities for the equivalent of at least three hours each week during the two years of the programme."

Can someone give me advice on what the heck I should do?! Is it still possible to finish the CAS program properly to receive my diploma?
Original post by Saruulol
Hi guys, I'm currently finishing my first year of IB and I seriously have no CAS hours... I checked the CAS requirements and I'm freaking out because it said:

"Students are expected to be involved in CAS activities for the equivalent of at least three hours each week during the two years of the programme."

Can someone give me advice on what the heck I should do?! Is it still possible to finish the CAS program properly to receive my diploma?

Yes it is. You don't absolutely have to have them spread throughout the years. Also, you can make stuff up - but even better than that, chances are you are already doing stuff that counts as CAS, you just have to document it. So figure out what you've been doing in your free time and then figure out how it can be claimed as CAS.
Reply 2
Original post by Saruulol

Go on a sponsored walk over the summer holidays for charity, take some pictures and do a small exhibition when you get back in September... This covers creativity, action and service, plus if you camp overnight somewhere you'll get loads of CAS hours... Do it with some mates and it'll be good fun :smile:
When they say 3 hours per week, that's just the equivalent time... you can get loads from a single activity if you want (at least that's what our CAS coordinator told us).
Get it done before the really hard work starts next year though... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending