The Student Room Group

Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

*sigh* will anyone post up the paper? :frown:
Reply 721
Think its safe to say we all found that a shambles :/
My maths teacher even said what a horrible paper it was. Really hope they lower the pass marks dramatically.
Found it very difficult, as did EVERYONE who sat it. They have obviously increased the difficulty a lot compared to atleast the last couple of years. I done 2011 Paper 1 and 2 last night and got 81%, despite rushing and losing around 9% atleast in silly mistakes. Whereas today most questions were A Level problem solving. Not even a question of cracking under exam pressure, just difficult questions.

Just remember, the chances of the pass mark for an A being over 70% is slim. I reckon it could bet <70 and B <60.
Reply 724
that was ridiculously hard in paper 2. my teacher also said it was too difficult as a whole - not happy.
Reply 725
now just noticed, that stationary point question used the quadratic formula fully? i only used b24ac b^{2} -4ac *sigh*
Reply 726
Original post by JaggySnake95
Found it very difficult, as did EVERYONE who sat it. They have obviously increased the difficulty a lot compared to atleast the last couple of years. I done 2011 Paper 1 and 2 last night and got 81%, despite rushing and losing around 9% atleast in silly mistakes. Whereas today most questions were A Level problem solving. Not even a question of cracking under exam pressure, just difficult questions.

Just remember, the chances of the pass mark for an A being over 70% is slim. I reckon it could bet <70 and B <60.

the lowest it's been in the past few years is 72%, and that was 2009 with that horro of a vectors question, doubt it'll go lower than that,

also.. the sqa really have it in for us don't they? after last year's credit now this..
Reply 727
I checked with my teacher only got 3 or 4 wrong in mc but I must ask paper 2 where the f... Do they get people to write this stuff?

I lol at the fact I don't have an appeal- I know I shouldn't really :smile:
Reply 728
can you appeal for an A? i got A's in my prelims, so if i got a B can you get an A? or is not that simple.. lol
Reply 729
Such a disgusting paper. Paper 1 was alright, but even that I'm not too happy with. Paper 2.... Just wow. I really hope they drastically lower the pass mark. Was hoping for an A aswell :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad A
Reply 730
I thought that paper one was relatively straight forward but paper 2 was just incredible. I've never seen a recurrence relation like that before. Just hope I did well enough for an A.
Original post by Blue7195
the lowest it's been in the past few years is 72%, and that was 2009 with that horro of a vectors question, doubt it'll go lower than that,

also.. the sqa really have it in for us don't they? after last year's credit now this..

I know but Paper 2 only had, if I remember correctly, 1 or 2 C Level questions that you would have seen before.

The only questions I am happy about was the 1st 1, 2.a) and question 6, the one with recurrence relations and logs.
Reply 732
Original post by Blue7195

I agree. They must hate us.

Reply 733
heres paper 2 guys, paper one on the way http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p618/underdog10/
Reply 734
Apparently it was a new setter this year for higher maths and I thought it was quite obvious...even the format of the questions were different!
Reply 735
Reply 736
Paper 2 was tough!
Put this PDF of the questions for anyone that is interested (Paper 2 ONLY):

http://voxobox.com/Downloads/MATHSHIGHER.pdf
Reply 738
Original post by Kirsty8
Apparently it was a new setter this year for higher maths and I thought it was quite obvious...even the format of the questions were different!

Yeah, my teacher said that too. Yeah, I get what you mean, the questions were so different from past couple of papers.

Paper 1 was fine, but questions 2b and the last one were nightmares!
Hopefully if everyone did them badly they will omit those questions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending