The Student Room Group

The TSR Jubilee cooking, baking & photo competition

Scroll to see replies

Sound's like fun although my baking skill's are not the greatest but keen to see what other's come up with :smile:
Reply 21

Probably cheating.
Reply 22
First set of Jubilee bakes :smile:
A jubilee trifle! Strawberries, blue cake and whipped cream.

This shows the colours much more vividly.

Spoiler

Mini Victoria Sponges

Close up

Spoiler

Red, white and blue cupcakes :smile:
This is my jubilee cake and cupcakes, it's a red, white and blue cake (on the inside) with fondant/ boiled sweet flowers/ wafer paper decor all handmade/drawn/painted and completely edible :biggrin: :
jubilee.jpg
jubilee 2.jpg
jubilee 3.jpg
jubilee 4.jpg
(The pink boiled sweet flowers represent the queen's famous pink diamond flower brooch and there's one to represent every 10 years on the throne) :smile: x
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ruthie!

Spoiler

These are so cute <3 x
Reply 25
Original post by Ruthie!

Spoiler

Mini Victoria Sponges

Close up

Spoiler

These are amazing! I'm so hungry now xD
Original post by artyfroggy
This is my jubilee cake and cupcakes, it's a red, white and blue cake (on the inside) with fondant/ boiled sweet flowers/ wafer paper decor all handmade/drawn/painted and completely edible :biggrin: :
jubilee.jpg
jubilee 2.jpg
jubilee 3.jpg
jubilee 4.jpg
(The pink boiled sweet flowers represent the queen's famous pink diamond flower brooch and there's one to represent every 10 years on the throne) :smile: x

Oh god, this is bloody amazing!! :drool: You've got some awesome skills! :biggrin:
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Perhaps some sort of cake voodoo doll of the Queen impaled with cocktail sticks.

:rofl2:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Oh god, this is bloody amazing!! :drool: You've got some awesome skills! :biggrin:

Thanks :biggrin: I've really gotten into baking this year so I thought I would make a cake even though I have no party to go to :frown: (kind of sad considering its my birthday today I really need to get out more) :colondollar: x
Reply 29
Thanks :biggrin: I've really gotten into baking this year so I thought I would make a cake even though I have no party to go to :frown: (kind of sad considering its my birthday today I really need to get out more) :colondollar: x

Firstly, yours are amazing... :tongue:

Secondly, happy birthday! :biggrin:

The girlfriend and I made these. Edible bunting ftw. :awesome:
Here's my entry!

Had a lovely afternoon tea to celebrate the jubilee and got some lovely pictures of it.

:birthday:

Original post by Kevmeister

Spoiler

The girlfriend and I made these. Edible bunting ftw. :awesome:

For some reason, I never knew those were called bunting :colondollar:

Your creation looks awesome by the way :smile:
My little sister and I made a Jubilee inspired welcome home cake for my dad, who got back from Australia yesterday. Not sure if it counts as Jubilee cooking, but might as well try!

547853_403017646406146_100000937420192_1094833_1930692872_n.jpg

Will take a picture later of the cake with my username next to it, but I'm afraid it's partially eaten haha!

IMG_3091.jpg IMG_3090.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Mazzini
This is my first (of possibly many :colone:) entry.

It's a Madeira sponge with jam (representing red) and whipped cream (white) in the middle of the sponges and icing (blue) on the top with writing with the EIIR logo with a crown. It also says "Diamond Jubilee 2012" underneath.

100% homemade. Took about 20 mins over the writing :tongue:

Edit: Why have I been negged? :s-smilie:

this looks so cool!
it reminds of the that cake in the first harry potter movie that hagrid got harry except it had pink icing :tongue:
Reply 35
Sorry I didn't put my username in, only saw the competition after I'd taken the photos yesterday.
These are from our Jubilee party yesterday :biggrin:
IMG_20120603_171748.jpg
IMG_20120603_171954.jpg
Stamp cake that me and my family made, sorry didn't put user name next to it but now its all gone.

Gubilee Bake Off - The Stamp.jpg
Reply 37
Original post by y-y
this looks so cool!
it reminds of the that cake in the first harry potter movie that hagrid got harry except it had pink icing :tongue:

Ooh thanks! :biggrin:

I was experimenting a little with it and the icing had to be replaced hastily... Hence the little dribbles of blue down the side :colondollar:
Reply 38
Original post by Mazzini
Ooh thanks! :biggrin:

I was experimenting a little with it and the icing had to be replaced hastily... Hence the little dribbles of blue down the side :colondollar:

LOL nevertheless it looks cool
Reply 39
Original post by Ruthie!

Spoiler

Mini Victoria Sponges

Close up

Spoiler

Looks good, well done :biggrin:!

Quick Reply

Latest