The Student Room Group

Personal Statement paragraphs

how do i format the personal statment? It looks strange when i upload to the form? I cant indent it? Do people usually leave a line?
Reply 1
If you indent i think ucas removes it. You can space between paragraphs but youre wasting/using up those lines
If you can I'd recommend spacing your paragraphs and trying to keep your statement compact. It's a lot easier to read than a text wall.
Reply 3
Anonymous1783
how do i format the personal statment? It looks strange when i upload to the form? I cant indent it? Do people usually leave a line?

dont indent it....leave a space between each paragraph it makes it look professional and easier to read and it creates a good impression...
SuzyQ
If you indent i think ucas removes it. You can space between paragraphs but youre wasting/using up those lines

Lies! Spacing out your PS makes it much more attractive, easier to read, and therefore more likely to make a good impression...
Reply 5
Myoclonic Jerk
Lies! Spacing out your PS makes it much more attractive, easier to read, and therefore more likely to make a good impression...

Yea, I've spaced mine. I was just trying not to impose my opinion :p:
Reply 6
um how long is everyones mine is only 36xx charcters and im finished :s-smilie:
A lot of the people I know didn't use paragraphs.

But I'd recommend them, it's certainly worth using some of your lines for paragraphs - makes a good impression.
Mine is about 38xx
I would recommend leaving space for a blank line between paragraphs, but if you can't then don't worry too much. If any of you need help with drafting your PSes then just post them up in the PS Help forums and someone will have a look for you.

MB
Reply 10
Original post by Dragonkiller
Mine is about 38xx

Same.

Original post by Ghelani
um how long is everyones mine is only 36xx charcters and im finished :s-smilie:

I think ~37xx - 38xx is about average.

Quick Reply