The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9260
Original post by paddy
I need opiniuns peeps :teeth:

I think I'm going to exchange it. What do you think of the following:

I like these 3 a lot.
The first one is ok I guess...not a fan of the pocket but the colour is nice.
Original post by kuks
My cousin has the Luminor...he bought a 200 year old leather strap to go with it and it looks beautiful.

stunning, try and snap us a picture next time you see him please!
Original post by paddy
I need opiniuns peeps :teeth:

What do you think? I got this today but now I'm home I'm having second thoughts :confused:

Don't like, at all. Pocket makes it worse.

Everything else, bar the second last shirt, is awesome :yy:

I have very similar style jumpers in green, blue, orange and red :teehee:
Original post by Tom_Sg
A basic tabacco chino/ chambray shirt / leather bracelet / .... :smile:

I'd advise against this because this is just what everyone else is doing at the moment and it doesn't work IMO. If you're going to wear chinos with them, make sure they're not a bog standard beige pair; dark blue might work, you could also try some more colourful ones. Dark jeans are your best bet however.
Reply 9264
Original post by The Stig
Don't like, at all. Pocket makes it worse.

Everything else, bar the second last shirt, is awesome :yy:

I have very similar style jumpers in green, blue, orange and red :teehee:

It's so strange, I don't know why I bought it :s-smilie:

Think I'll exchange it tomorrow, probably for the light blue top as that was what I originally wanted but they were sold out of my size in the store I went to today.

Really like the others but I'll wait til the summer sale I reckon.
Reply 9265
What do you guys think of this ?, bought it for summer evenings (yes. i know its jack wills but i actually like the design)

http://www.jackwills.com/en-gb/product/coughtry-crew-neck-013940118
Reply 9266
Original post by cgvince
What do you guys think of this ?, bought it for summer evenings (yes. i know its jack wills but i actually like the design)

It looks like an overpriced sweatshirt to me; I'm not a huge fan of the design either. But I don't like 90% of the stuff that JW make anyway.
Bought this earlier:
image1xl.jpg

Need to get some more footwear now :rolleyes:
Reply 9268
Original post by paddy

Good evening Mr Soprano! :biggrin:

I'm just jealous really.
Original post by cgvince

Here's my critic.

Reply 9270
Original post by Hectorious
Here's my critic.

aha i actually laughed at that :smile:

I didnt notice the stupid "GBR 265" on the back so i think it might be getting returned, its annoying cause i like the front design but the back just ruins it
Reply 9271
Original post by cgvince
aha i actually laughed at that :smile:

I didnt notice the stupid "GBR 265" on the back so i think it might be getting returned, its annoying cause i like the front design but the back just ruins it

Why don't you get something with your own initials on it rather than Jonny Wilkinsons?
Reply 9272
So I ended up exchanging the jumper for this:

And

Because apparently I have no impulse control :erm:

EDIT: the jumper looks a bit weird in this photo, the marbling effect looks much nicer IRL.

Original post by py0alb
Good evening Mr Soprano! :biggrin:

I'm just jealous really.

I haven't seen the Sopranos, but I get the impression Mr Soprano is not one to be crossed :colonhash:

It's basically all the colours I wear most often in one top :mmm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9273
http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/shoes--boots/boots/brown-lace-up-ankle-boots--259391

Anyone know anything similar to these?
Looking for a pair of boots similar these with that beaten leather look similar to the kind of stuff they have in all saints (though they don't have any brown ones like that at the moment..)
Reply 9275
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
I'd advise against this because this is just what everyone else is doing at the moment and it doesn't work IMO. If you're going to wear chinos with them, make sure they're not a bog standard beige pair; dark blue might work, you could also try some more colourful ones. Dark jeans are your best bet however.

Blue chambray shirt, blue trousers, and blue vans would be a bit of blue overkill imo
Reply 9276
Original post by RobML
Blue chambray shirt, blue trousers, and blue vans would be a bit of blue overkill imo

Not if they're different but complimentary shades. All-blue can go either way tbh, you can either look bland or great.
Reply 9277
New Zegna suits (old season though) for £350-£450 and new Cheaney shoes for £175. Is there anywhere cheaper and would people say that was worth the price.
Reply 9278
Original post by Mess.
New Zegna suits (old season though) for £350-£450 and new Cheaney shoes for £175. Is there anywhere cheaper and would people say that was worth the price.

I had a quick look on Style Forum (a step I always take if I have not heard of a particular make of clothing or shoe) and both of them get amazing reviews there. Having had a quick google, I'd say that is a brilliant price. Selfridges are selling some Cheaney shoes for £250 (I did see some being sold for £150 but I don't remember what style they were), and if I recall correctly, the Zegna suits go for just short of £1000, and often more.

Here is the link to a thread on Cheaney at SF. :smile:
Reply 9279
Original post by Y'crik
I had a quick look on Style Forum (a step I always take if I have not heard of a particular make of clothing or shoe) and both of them get amazing reviews there. Having had a quick google, I'd say that is a brilliant price. Selfridges are selling some Cheaney shoes for £250 (I did see some being sold for £150 but I don't remember what style they were), and if I recall correctly, the Zegna suits go for just short of £1000, and often more.

Here is the link to a thread on Cheaney at SF. :smile:

I already know of the quality of both thanks :smile: I was more asking if people had found then cheaper anywhere else or if there is a sort of lower line of Cheaney which is why they would be so cheap.

Latest

Trending

Trending