The Student Room Group

aqa Biology Unit 2 AS level (BIOL2) ON 21st May 2012-possible questions

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on particular topics that are likely to come up, given the past trend?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lilamm
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on particular topics that are likely to come up, given the past trend?

Well the apoplastic/symplastic pathway hasn't come up yet so that maybe one to look out for. Also maybe a six marker on meiosis.
Reply 2
Know your How Science Works stuff. Easy marks to gain or drop.
Have a feeling that Fish Gills will come up.
I also have a feeling that there will be heavy marks on DNA stuff including Hybridisation and/or Meiosis.
Just do as many past paper questions as you can and you should do well :smile:
does anibody have aqa biology papers from the 1990s ? i can only get the ones from 2001-2012 :/ thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by calender1994
does anibody have aqa biology papers from the 1990s ? i can only get the ones from 2001-2012 :/ thanks :smile:

is that a joke, why would you want papers about 4 specifications old
Root pressure/cohesion-tension theory question 6 marker?
Reply 6
Anybody thinking starch/cellulose/glycogen might come up?
Reply 7
Original post by AGrumpyMole
Root pressure/cohesion-tension theory question 6 marker?

I doubt that because root pressure 3/4 marker came up in jan.
Original post by p_nolan212
is that a joke, why would you want papers about 4 specifications old

because a levels are getting harder and ive done all the papers from 2001 to 2012 and and am just trying to get more practice YOU DICK!!!
Reply 9
There's always one about how mutations can make a non functional protein...
I reckon there's going to be one about index of diversity
Original post by AFC1993
Know your How Science Works stuff. Easy marks to gain or drop.
Have a feeling that Fish Gills will come up.
I also have a feeling that there will be heavy marks on DNA stuff including Hybridisation and/or Meiosis.
Just do as many past paper questions as you can and you should do well :smile:

doubt it as its already come up as a 6 marker
Has anyone got jan 12 paper?
heres the jan 2012 unit 2 paper and mark scheme :smile:
Reply 13
because a levels are getting harder and ive done all the papers from 2001 to 2012 and and am just trying to get more practice YOU DICK!!!

Doing papers that aren't related to the current specification won't help, might want to try and sort your grammar out though for a few extra marks
Reply 14

Haha 1990, thats going to be a tough find mate :P
Original post by Nucleo
Haha 1990, thats going to be a tough find mate :P

yh im not disadvantaging tht suggestion just wondering if someone got sections from school we got some papers from as late as 1995 and they came up in recent years
Reply 16
wow you guys were pretty exact on the suggestions- plants and diversity came up :smile: but no enzyme stuff which i thought would come up too :frown:
Reply 17
How'd everyone find the test? I thought it was pretty good apart from that 6 mark question, i didnt know what to put :/ i fillded the whole page with everything i know! Lol
Loved the 6 marker! Heaven :biggrin:
Reply 19
What was the answer? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending