The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Biology - B7 and Ideas in Context

I have created this thread for discussion of the upcoming Biology exam on the 13th of June, since I plan to start revising it as soon as Physics is over! Does anyone have any questions they've been given for the Ideas in Context on 'Alien Invaders?'

Scroll to see replies

How did you feel about physics
Original post by Freddy-Francis

I think the physics exam went well! How did you do?

Generally the people who have an interest in the subject said it was a good exam, and the people who don't like it said it didn't go so well
Reply 3

I hated it! But then again, I don't like physics :')
I think the physics one went so well omG it was better than the chemistry one by far but I think Biology will be the toughest one yet. I just remember coming out of the exam so pleased :') but will be a kick in da butt if I actually did bad when I thought it went well :frown:
Reply 5
Right Biology.. guys, I think the BEST thing to do with this is put loads and loads of questions as to what could come up, I was fully prepared for chemistry but biology im like... WHAT?! to the ideas in context :s-smilie:
Original post by Aidn
Right Biology.. guys, I think the BEST thing to do with this is put loads and loads of questions as to what could come up, I was fully prepared for chemistry but biology im like... WHAT?! to the ideas in context :s-smilie:

Do you have "Alien invaders" for the pre-release?
Reply 7
Original post by pouryia
Do you have "Alien invaders" for the pre-release?

Yeah... I think I did well in chemistry which isn't a good sign for biology because I find it harder but I NEED an A* in this one to keep it overall, I've got 3 UMS give or take to spare..
Original post by Aidn
Yeah... I think I did well in chemistry which isn't a good sign for biology because I find it harder but I NEED an A* in this one to keep it overall, I've got 3 UMS give or take to spare..

Do you have any questions which may come up in the exam for the pre-release?
Reply 9
Original post by pouryia
Do you have any questions which may come up in the exam for the pre-release?

No.. it's the point i'm trying to make that I can't think of any :/
Original post by Aidn
No.. it's the point i'm trying to make that I can't think of any :/

1) State different ways which the foreign species of plants and animals can travel intentionally.

2) Give positive points about foreign species of plants and animals.

3) What economical effect do the invasive species have on a country?
these are a few possible questions..

1) Explain what is meant by reducing biodiversity.
2) Explain the importance of maintaining biodiversity.
3) Explain how scientists could establish that the ducks are different species.
4) The number of invasive species has increased by 75% since 1982. How many invasive species have been introduced to Europe since then?
5) Suggest why scientists believe Europe wide laws are necessary to protect native species.
6) Evaluate biological control.
Original post by IndigoRainbow
these are a few possible questions..

1) Explain what is meant by reducing biodiversity.
2) Explain the importance of maintaining biodiversity.
3) Explain how scientists could establish that the ducks are different species.
4) The number of invasive species has increased by 75% since 1982. How many invasive species have been introduced to Europe since then?
5) Suggest why scientists believe Europe wide laws are necessary to protect native species.
6) Evaluate biological control.

Did a teacher give you those or are they of your own imagination?
Reply 13
dreading it lol
Reply 14
Original post by Coke1
dreading it lol

that should be used to describe my entire exam schedule :P
Original post by pouryia
I think the physics exam went well! How did you do?

Generally the people who have an interest in the subject said it was a good exam, and the people who don't like it said it didn't go so well

I had in interest. I think it was ok.
Reply 16
Original post by lizz-ie
I have created this thread for discussion of the upcoming Biology exam on the 13th of June, since I plan to start revising it as soon as Physics is over! Does anyone have any questions they've been given for the Ideas in Context on 'Alien Invaders?'

whens your exam? ours is on the 12th June!!!!
Original post by pouryia
Did a teacher give you those or are they of your own imagination?

my teacher gave it to us
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone knew whether we have to revise the stuff on the 'biology in action' pages in the textbook, cos i'm not really sure whether i should spend time revising it or spend more time on the main parts of the textbook?

What questions do you reckon will come up for Biology? HEELLLPPPP!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending