The Student Room Group

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingGoonIan
Just started the Dawnguard Museum quest.

I hate you so much :smile:
Original post by velvetbrain
Just this second ago I found him again, and I followed him. He led me to a grave yard. The figure on the horse didn't have a head, so I thought it was some sort of reference to the Sleepy Hollow. It also had an axe, and by one of the graves is an axe.

This is creepy.

Screenshot ?
Reply 5822
I've just started a new game and I'm wanting to make a mage, what skills should I be looking to improve? Cheers:smile:
Original post by JF1903
I've just started a new game and I'm wanting to make a mage, what skills should I be looking to improve? Cheers:smile:

I'm an Altmer. I've gone for destruction, healing, conjuration and enchanting. It's so fun, I'm playing on expert and I enjoy zapping everyone in one hit :smile:

I suggest saving regularly because you can die easily when you have no armour. When you have a bunch of items with enchanted powers on, disenchant them and put, say, regenerate magicka 20% faster, on as much as possible. You don't really need robes to be a powerful mage.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ari Ben Canaan
Screenshot ?

[video="youtube;UT6_CcPsgZA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6_CcPsgZA[/video]
Original post by Snagprophet
I'm an Altmer. I've gone for destruction, healing, conjuration and enchanting. It's so fun, I'm playing on expert and I enjoy zapping everyone in one hit :smile:

I suggest saving regularly because you can die easily when you have no armour. When you have a bunch of items with enchanted powers on, disenchant them and put, say, regenerate magicka 20% faster, on as much as possible. You don't really need robes to be a powerful mage.

wouldn't it be best if you put on destruction/ conjuration etc costs 25% magicka? because if you put it on 4 things destruction etc costs no magicka :smile:
Reply 5826
[video="youtube;UT6_CcPsgZA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6_CcPsgZA[/video]

Cool. I hadn't seen that before. Skyrim is so wonderful.
Original post by Aust1n
Cool. I hadn't seen that before. Skyrim is so wonderful.

Damn right!

I'm just wondering whether the Dawnguard DLC will take place on a separate island, like Shivering Isles. I hope that's the case anyway.
Reply 5828
Damn right!

I'm just wondering whether the Dawnguard DLC will take place on a separate island, like Shivering Isles. I hope that's the case anyway.

I think it will - somewhere towards the north west side of the map, the east side is far too snowy.
I hope so. I prefer places like north of Riften where there is very little snow, and sun shines down on you while running alongside the wildlife through the woodlands.

Don't you think the faction story lines are a little rushed? I don't think the werewolf thing should have been introduced that early, Oblivion's faction story lines had much more length and quality.
Reply 5830
I hope so. I prefer places like north of Riften where there is very little snow, and sun shines down on you while running alongside the wildlife through the woodlands.

Don't you think the faction story lines are a little rushed? I don't think the werewolf thing should have been introduced that early, Oblivion's faction story lines had much more length and quality.

The faction quests in Skyrim have better storylines and more diverse missions; whilst there was more of them in Oblivion, they were awfully linear.

The Companions quest isn't introduced early, you just went to it early. You can do pretty much what you want at any time, there is no time scale on when you can do any of the faction questlines.
Original post by Aust1n
The faction quests in Skyrim have better storylines and more diverse missions; whilst there was more of them in Oblivion, they were awfully linear.

The Companions quest isn't introduced early, you just went to it early. You can do pretty much what you want at any time, there is no time scale on when you can do any of the faction questlines.

I completely disagree with that, but okay. There were much more memorable characters in Oblivion.

The whole mystery behind the Gray Fox kept me constantly excited, and anticipating my first meeting with him.
Reply 5832
I completely disagree with that, but okay. There were much more memorable characters in Oblivion.

The whole mystery behind the Gray Fox kept me constantly excited, and anticipating my first meeting with him.

Sorry, I take that back. All Oblivion factions were better apart from the Fighters Guild. That was linear. It's been so long since I have played it, I just couldn't remember how good it was.
Original post by Aust1n
Sorry, I take that back. All Oblivion factions were better apart from the Fighters Guild. That was linear. It's been so long since I have played it, I just couldn't remember how good it was.

I do agree with you there, although I did enjoy the whole rivalry between the Blackwood Company and the Fighters Guild.

They're both awesome games though! :biggrin:
Does the preacher in Whiterun ever factor into a quest or can I kill him? His constant shouting is really starting to annoy me =P
I havent had any quests linked to him. So it might be worth killing him, lets see if anyone else knows anything, if not i'll shoot him tonight
You can kill him, he isn't involved in anything. :wink:
Original post by ounce
You can kill him, he isn't involved in anything. :wink:

Thank Christ, that's job number one for next time I play!
Reply 5838
do it in style
[video="youtube;v4o-6Ro81oo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4o-6Ro81oo[/video]
RAWR!

Quick Reply

Latest