The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

have any international applicants gotten an interview yet?? and how is there scoring? Sorry I'm so worried my UKCAT score wasn't good enough thats going to ruin everything for me. Someone please help me
Original post by goodluck96
have any international applicants gotten an interview yet?? and how is there scoring? Sorry I'm so worried my UKCAT score wasn't good enough thats going to ruin everything for me. Someone please help me

Stop panicking. Interview invites are going out til at least Christmas and they're only inviting for one interview day at a time. If you're planning to be interviewed abroad that's a completely separate thing to the current interview invites that you've seen people talk about here. You can't change your UKCAT score now, so there's no point in stressing yourself out over it, and there's plenty of time to still be invited to interview :smile:
Reply 682
So you know how the scoring system is 30%academics, 20%ukcat and 50% interviews, what is the final % you probably need atleast to secure a place (just wondering). 70-80%?
Original post by Chi-
So you know how the scoring system is 30%academics, 20%ukcat and 50% interviews, what is the final % you probably need atleast to secure a place (just wondering). 70-80%?

You can't calculate it like that - you need to be in the top ~300 applicants (to the best of my memory, don't trust me on that number exactly), so it depends on what everyone else has scored this year.

Last year international interviews in Malaysia and Singapore were in March, and we weren't invited to interview until late February...you may be in for a long wait i'm afraid.
Reply 685
Original post by Becca-Sarah
You can't calculate it like that - you need to be in the top ~300 applicants (to the best of my memory, don't trust me on that number exactly), so it depends on what everyone else has scored this year.

Yeah i suppose.
I cant seem to find how many offers aberdeen give and for how many places for 2014 entry, found 2012 stats online and i think i come across the 2013 entry but can't seem to find the page anymore.
Original post by Scottasaurus
Well the admissions team aren't simply rating you on those two things for inviting to interview :rolleyes:

pretty sure they are
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Stop panicking. Interview invites are going out til at least Christmas and they're only inviting for one interview day at a time. If you're planning to be interviewed abroad that's a completely separate thing to the current interview invites that you've seen people talk about here. You can't change your UKCAT score now, so there's no point in stressing yourself out over it, and there's plenty of time to still be invited to interview :smile:

but on their twitter page it says they've sent out a lot of their interview invites and that theres more they'll be sending out and should be done by mid december.

and I'm pretty sure I'd have to come to the UK for my interview anyway :/ I'm from Canada.
Original post by noregrets
Last year international interviews in Malaysia and Singapore were in March, and we weren't invited to interview until late February...you may be in for a long wait i'm afraid.

How come their twitter page and website say differently? Im so worried.
How come their twitter page and website say differently? Im so worried.

Hmmm as far as I can see, neither mention Singapore/Malaysia invites? It might be different this year though. Email admissions and ask when the interviews will be held. I did that last year and they told me they didn't know for sure, but that it would probably be March.
Conveniently my phone has deleted all of my unread emails. This was last week and I'm just starting to panic about if it's deleted any invitations to interview. Do they contact you in any other way aside from email (via the application portal or anything) if you've been invited?
Reply 691
Original post by lucemarialinda
Conveniently my phone has deleted all of my unread emails. This was last week and I'm just starting to panic about if it's deleted any invitations to interview. Do they contact you in any other way aside from email (via the application portal or anything) if you've been invited?

It should be on your portal and possibly Track as well.
Reply 692
Original post by lucemarialinda

I got a Track update with my interview invite :smile:
Reply 693
Original post by prafto
Who had there interview today at 13:00? Just wondering if I saw any of you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by coultra1
Me too! :smile:

Original post by FreyaCat
I did :smile:

heey girls, do you mind telling me what you actually wore? I have no idea how I should dress up for any of my interviews :/
Reply 694
Original post by Aniaa
heey girls, do you mind telling me what you actually wore? I have no idea how I should dress up for any of my interviews :/

Well was much more relaxed than everyone else, I wore cream trousers and a black top.
Reply 695
Original post by Aniaa

I don't think you can go wrong with smart black trousers and a white buttoned shirt, I also wore a smart jumper over top as it was pretty cold :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 696
Original post by FreyaCat
Well was much more relaxed than everyone else, I wore cream trousers and a black top.

Original post by prafto
I don't think you can go wrong with smart black trousers and a white buttoned shirt, I also wore a smart jumper over top as it was pretty cold :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh so you dont recommend a skirt? Not like a slutty imini skirt but a skirt for official parties etc
Reply 697
Original post by Aniaa
ohh so you dont recommend a skirt? Not like a slutty imini skirt but a skirt for official parties etc

Ofc you can wear skirt too! I'd recommend wearing tights with it too though, just so you're more comfortable and don't need to worry about you know what haha :smile:
Reply 698
Anyone know when they stop calling people for interview? When will I know if Im going to get an interview or rejected? :L
Original post by Oisín
Anyone know when they stop calling people for interview?

All applicants who are getting interviews will be informed by mid-December. :smile:

Aberdeen's School of Medicine & Dentistry has a twitter page, you know. I'd strongly recommend you to have a look at it once in a while so that you know what it's going on and when the next batches of interviews are sent: https://mobile.twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd

Original post by Oisín
When will I know if Im going to get an interview or rejected? :L

No one knows, actually. You could either get one in the forthcoming weeks (:dance:) or be rejected in mid-december or after Christmas (wishing you the best, though!).

Ahh *sigh*... I'm still waiting for an interview invite. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending