The Student Room Group

As Aqa Psychology Unit 2 Revision June 10th!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
haithere
Seriously..?

We did loads of work on it. From stress causing chronic heart disease to wound healing etc.. so much of our work could've linked in to that 12 marker.

I think i'd be careful about heart disease and wound healing, the question was on stress related illness and immune system functioning, not sure if both of those count.

In our book it had one section on immune system and stress related illness, and another on stress related illness and cardiovascular disorders, SUCH AS heart disease, and is wound healing an illness?
Reply 221
Ollie F
I think i'd be careful about heart disease and wound healing, the question was on stress related illness and immune system functioning, not sure if both of those count.

In our book it had one section on immune system and stress related illness, and another on stress related illness and cardiovascular disorders, SUCH AS heart disease, and is wound healing an illness?

Well I didn't use wound healing in my answer anyways, but what I'm saying is, a huge part of the stress topic was the effect on the immune system, be it illness, wound healing etc.
Ollie F

Wound Healing does come under the immune system.

Kiecolt-Glaser et al studied the rate at which wounds heal when under chronic stress in married couples. - Found that in hostile couples, wounds healed at 60% the rate of 'normal' couples. This suggests chronic stress leads to immunosuppression.
Reply 223
absolutely its an effect of the immune system, but whether it is an illness is what i'm disputing. I dislike Kiecolt-Glaser, she seems slightly sadistic lol.
Reply 224
Got 86/100 ums :smile: Overall A and... dropped it at a2. :biggrin:
Reply 225
does anyone have any predictions as to what will come up on psych B, 12 markers?? im doing anxiety disorders, memory and forgetting, and social influence :biggrin: thankyou :biggrin:
Must be the 5th time I've posted this,b ut here are complete notes for Unit 2 that I've made ^_^
I just want everybody to know they're here in case they need them but I understand if no one needs them (my efforts gone to waste DX)

Stress begins on Page 1
Social Psychology begins on page 13
Abnormality begins on page 25

I didn't write anything in note form, and for advantages and disadvantages, rather than dividing them into columns, I put a smiley face for a good thing and a sad face for a bad thing at the end of the point (as you'll notice).
I also tend to put long examples in a smaller font so they stand out ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending