The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool 2012 Applicants!!

Just thought I should create this as I can't find one already.
Post your GCSEs, AS's, A2 predictions, what you're applying for and why you have chosen (are choosing) Liverpool :biggrin:. Oh and your other choices as well.

Me:

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
AS: AABB (History, Biology, Chemistry, Government & Politics) - 91% average in Hist
A2 predictions: AAA
Course: History single honours (V100) :wink:
Why: Loved it on open day, excellent halls and interesting department
Choices: York, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Queens Belfast (all for Hist)

UCAS is getting sent away on Monday :eek::eek::eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:

GCSE: 9A* 1A
AS: 4A (Eng Lit, French, History, Latin)
A2 predictions: 3A*
Course: Classics
Why: Good course, love the city and have family there, really liked the department on open day
Choices: Oxford, Durham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds

Got an email from Liverpool to say they'd received my application this morning, now anxious to hear from the others!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
GCSE: ABBBCCCCC
AS: BBCC
A2 predictions: AAB
Course: Maths (G100)
Why: Looks really cool plus a great Maths course and department. Worried though I won't get a offer because last year 1057 applicants applied for 143 places and it's even more competitive this year!!! :'O
GCSE: A*AAAABBBCC
A LEVEL: AABC
COURSES: Biological Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences
CHOICES: Kent, Cardiff, Lancaster and 2 coursed in Liverpool :smile:
Great uni in a fantastic location for me :smile: Does anyone know how quick they are with making decisions? I'm so nervous haha and I really hope they let me in :P

Already completed my A levels and on a gap year :P
(edited 12 years ago)
GCSE: A*ABBBBBBBBCC

AS: AACD (Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics)

Predicted: AAA (Maths, Further Maths and Economics)

Course: Maths

Requirements: ABB
GCSE: A*A*AAAAABBBB

AS: BBC (English Lang, Psychology, Biology)

A2 predictions: AAB

Course: Law (M100)
Reply 6
GCSE, AS, and choice can be seen in my spoiler..

but yeah just loved Liverpool after visiting.. :smile:

applying for Microbiology C500.

required ABB.
predicted AAA.
Reply 7
GCSE: 8A* 3A
AS: ABBB
Course: Hopefully Biology MSci
GCSE: A*AAAAABBBBC
AS: AABB (psychology media biology geography)
A2 predictions: AAAB
Course: Combined Hons (BCG0 - Biology and Psychology)
Why: I live near it! So I can commute :biggrin:
Choices: Liverpool, Oxford, LJMU, Lancaster (x2)

I GOT AN OFFER:smile: AAB, very happy!:biggrin: good luck to everyone else :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by thetobbit
Just thought I should create this as I can't find one already.
Post your GCSEs, AS's, A2 predictions, what you're applying for and why you have chosen (are choosing) Liverpool :biggrin:. Oh and your other choices as well.

Me:

GCSE: A*A*AAAABBBB
AS: AABB (History, Biology, Chemistry, Government & Politics) - 91% average in Hist
Course: History single honours (V100) :wink:
Why: Loved it on open day, excellent halls and interesting department
Choices: York, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Queens Belfast (all for Hist)

UCAS is getting sent away on Monday :eek::eek::eek:

Who negged me and why?
Original post by calamitysarah
GCSE: A*AAAAABBBBC
AS: AABB (psychology media biology geography)
A2 predictions: AAAB
Course: Combined Hons (BCG0 - Biology and Psychology)
Why: I live near it! So I can commute :biggrin:
Choices: Liverpool, Oxford, LJMU, Lancaster (x2)

I GOT AN OFFER:smile: AAB, very happy!:biggrin: good luck to everyone else :smile:

Wow! Already?? Congrats! :smile: When did you send your ucas off? Where are you hoping to go? I see you must also be keen on Lancaster as well :smile: For me Lancaster and Liverpool are my two top choices! So far I have only received acknowledgement from Liverpool and nothing from Lancaster :P
Offer for Biochemistry - ABB! :smile:
Original post by christaphwoar
Wow! Already?? Congrats! :smile: When did you send your ucas off? Where are you hoping to go? I see you must also be keen on Lancaster as well :smile: For me Lancaster and Liverpool are my two top choices! So far I have only received acknowledgement from Liverpool and nothing from Lancaster :P

Yes :biggrin: I got one from Liverpool John moores also( hopefully my insurance :tongue: they only want me to get CCDD!) sent on the 3rd October and I got the offer on the 14th :smile: I didn't get an official acknowledgment from Lancaster but I got a letter through the post from the disability team just saying hi, I don't know I think it was computer generated.. So I know they have my application:smile:

Are you from the north-west then? I have no idea what I will do if I get offers from Lancaster too :smile: I love the idea of living at home still, but Lancaster's so nice.. we'll see!:smile:
Original post by Jackasaurus Rex

congrats :biggrin: maybe you'll be in a few of my lectures! (if we get in :tongue: )
Reply 14
Hi everyone!

I am a first year at Liverpool. If you have any questions about accomodation, fresher's week, the social life, the city or anything really about uni, feel free to ask. I hope I can help. :smile:
Yes :biggrin: I got one from Liverpool John moores also( hopefully my insurance :tongue: they only want me to get CCDD!) sent on the 3rd October and I got the offer on the 14th :smile: I didn't get an official acknowledgment from Lancaster but I got a letter through the post from the disability team just saying hi, I don't know I think it was computer generated.. So I know they have my application:smile:

Are you from the north-west then? I have no idea what I will do if I get offers from Lancaster too :smile: I love the idea of living at home still, but Lancaster's so nice.. we'll see!:smile:

I'm from North Wales so Liverpool is one of the nearest big cities to me and I love it! The university is awesome as well :smile: And wow I'm really jealous of your offers :P I'm on a gap year atm so it's so hard having to wait an extra year to go to uni :P Hopefully my decision will come through soon as mine was sent last week and I applied for biological sciences and biological and medical sciences which is probably similar department to you :smile: And Hopefully the decision will be a good one :P
Original post by christaphwoar
I'm from North Wales so Liverpool is one of the nearest big cities to me and I love it! The university is awesome as well :smile: And wow I'm really jealous of your offers :P I'm on a gap year atm so it's so hard having to wait an extra year to go to uni :P Hopefully my decision will come through soon as mine was sent last week and I applied for biological sciences and biological and medical sciences which is probably similar department to you :smile: And Hopefully the decision will be a good one :P

Ooh. I'm trying to think of a sheep joke but I have brain fade :tongue:
You're my age then, I re-sat year 12 :smile: If I end up going there we should organise a TSR meet-up so I can make friends because I'll be commuting :redface: It is the same department I think :biggrin: the biology for combined hons lets me go down whichever genetics/biochemistry/zoology route in the second and third years :smile: fingers crossed you get an offer!:h:
congrats :biggrin: maybe you'll be in a few of my lectures! (if we get in :tongue: )

That is true, where else have you applied?
Reply 18

I got the same offer today :biggrin: congrats!
Original post by jdavies60
I got the same offer today :biggrin: congrats!

Winning! Where else did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest