The Student Room Group

potential 2012 optometry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Just got my second offer from my first choice- Aston! So happy :biggrin:
Reply 481
Just firmed City and put Anglia Ruskin as insurance! :biggrin:

Just a quick question though: say if I put an AS module as pending on my ucas form but I then decide I don't want to resit it anymore is that still possible? Thanks :smile:
Original post by anglloydo
Just got my second offer from my first choice- Aston! So happy :biggrin:

i am a high school student and i am considering optometry as a profession, so if you dont mind me asking,
what did you get in your gsces and a levels? :rolleyes:
Hey guys. Just got an email from Cardiff (desired first choice) I don't have an offer after all. They must have sent me my letter by mistake :frown: I don't really know what to do. The admissions person was so blunt. She just said 'oh, just looked at your application and were still making a decision' but I had my letter :frown: :frown:
Any ideas on what to do about it?
I was thinking of emailing Richard Earlams directly instead of the general admissions office. Thoughts?

:frown:
Ahhh, just spoke to Richard - theres been a blockage with my application in the transition from uni to Ucas
I do have an offer after all :biggrin:
it'll be on UCAS within a few days :biggrin:
Reply 485
Original post by hannahmac4
Hy there any Glasgow Caledonian applicants out there :smile:. Congrats to ?!master?!mini?! On unconditional :smile: so jealous :biggrin:

I'v applied to Glasgow Caledonian but I'm from up in scotland. Applied to manchester too and got an interview in february. Don't really know what the entry requirements are for scottish students though :frown:
Original post by jo-lo
I'v applied to Glasgow Caledonian but I'm from up in scotland. Applied to manchester too and got an interview in february. Don't really know what the entry requirements are for scottish students though :frown:

Hy :biggrin:What grades do you have? Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 487
Has glasgow replied to anyone??
Original post by Jodieeee....
Hey guys. Just got an email from Cardiff (desired first choice) I don't have an offer after all. They must have sent me my letter by mistake :frown: I don't really know what to do. The admissions person was so blunt. She just said 'oh, just looked at your application and were still making a decision' but I had my letter :frown: :frown:
Any ideas on what to do about it?
I was thinking of emailing Richard Earlams directly instead of the general admissions office. Thoughts?

:frown:

You have NO idea how much seeing this post has scared me this past few days. I was thinkin got myself, i'll give it until wednesday evening, and if track isnt updated, I'm emailing the department

And it JUST came through :biggrin:

Offer is AAA in maths biology and chemistry (they are completely disregarding french, not happy about that, but anyway)
Original post by mooooo.nisah
i am a high school student and i am considering optometry as a profession, so if you dont mind me asking,
what did you get in your gsces and a levels? :rolleyes:

Well, I know it isn't me you've asked, but I got A*A*AAAAAAAB at GCSE (A*s and As in sciences, As in humanities, B in French).
At AS I got BBCC. Predicted ABB for A2. Offer from Anglia, rejected by Manchester. Waiting on Ulster and Caley.
Original post by pinguuu
Has glasgow replied to anyone??

Not as far as I'm aware.
They haven't replied to me yet.

I reckon they're waiting until AFTER THE DEADLINE (I keep repeating this but no-one seems to listen) before replying. They're like Ulster in that respect.
Offers should begin to come in next week.
Reply 491
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Not as far as I'm aware.
They haven't replied to me yet.

I reckon they're waiting until AFTER THE DEADLINE (I keep repeating this but no-one seems to listen) before replying. They're like Ulster in that respect.
Offers should begin to come in next week.

Original post by screamingduck
You have NO idea how much seeing this post has scared me this past few days. I was thinkin got myself, i'll give it until wednesday evening, and if track isnt updated, I'm emailing the department

And it JUST came through :biggrin:

Offer is AAA in maths biology and chemistry (they are completely disregarding french, not happy about that, but anyway)

Ahh well done!!!!
maybe all of ours got blocked so when i said mine was they updated everyones??
i dno what the hell happened but i think it was the generall admisssions' fault.
coz as far as the optom dept knew they made me an offer :s-smilie:
If it was anywhere else i probably would have let it go, but this is my first choice so :biggrin::biggrin:
Anyway
my offer is on track now AAA Bio Maths Photography.
well done again :smile:
Just recieved my second offer from Aston - AAA. :smile:
Reply 494
Just got my third offer from Cardiff - AAA :biggrin:

Did anyone else get an offer without an interview? I was under the impression that they always interview for optom :s-smilie:
Reply 495
Anyone got offers from city or anglia?
Reply 496
Glad that the Manchester interview is after exams and in the feb half term :smile: yay...what did everyone wear to the interview before?
Original post by 9427S

I got an offer same-day from Anglia and I know there's a few other people who do.
I'm pretty sure there's some city offers floating around too, but I didn't apply there so I don't know.
Original post by tina_1517
Glad that the Manchester interview is after exams and in the feb half term :smile: yay...what did everyone wear to the interview before?

Shift Dress with Blazer
People were quite casual though.
like black skinny jeans with a nice top
although some in suits.
just be comfortable really?
Original post by 9427S

I got an offers from Anglia and Aston. Now i'm waiting for City and Plymouth.
I sent my application just before the christmas hols.

Quick Reply

Latest