The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Biomedical Science at Sheffield University

Has anyone applying this year to Biomedical Science at Sheffield University got an offer yet? :smile: And anyone at Sheffield doing this course and loving it?
Reply 1
Yeah mate I did today AAB
:smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Andrew1993
Yeah mate I did today AAB
:smile:

Nice one :smile: I got an offer through yesterday too :smile: Are you wanting to do biomedicine or is it a 5th choice for medicine?
Reply 3
5th choice for medicine, what about yourself???
Reply 4
I got an offer of AAB this week as well, yay!
Reply 5
Original post by Andrew1993
5th choice for medicine, what about yourself???

cool :smile: yeahh same, 5th choice to medicine at Keele, Leeds, Leicester and Nottingham :smile: I guess they get annoyed at all the medics applying haha :teehee: although its deffinately my insurance now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by bsyedg
I got an offer of AAB this week as well, yay!

well done :smile: It feels great to have an offer now :smile:
Reply 7
Hi , I've applied for biomedical science at Sheffield Uni, does anyone know what grades they are looking for in Access to He course?
YES! I'm doing that. Anyone been to the post application open day on Wednesday?
Original post by moohi
Hi , I've applied for biomedical science at Sheffield Uni, does anyone know what grades they are looking for in Access to He course?

45/60 credits Distinction. 12 of which in Chemistry and they MUST be Distinction.

(current UoS Biomed Student)
Reply 10
Original post by isabellabrookes
45/60 credits Distinction. 12 of which in Chemistry and they MUST be Distinction.

University of Southampton??
I might go there! what is it like for biomed? :smile:
Original post by Bubbles94
University of Southampton??
I might go there! what is it like for biomed? :smile:

No, University of Sheffield. It's a great uni, great facilities...just not the course I wanted to be on so I'm leaving. The course is one of the best in the country and the teaching is excellent. It's just up to you and what you want.
Original post by Thatguywelike.
YES! I'm doing that. Anyone been to the post application open day on Wednesday?

I was there! I really loved it, even though it was pouring down with rain all day :smile:
Reply 13
does anyone know how many people there are typically in the class ?
Reply 14
Hiya, I'm currently doing my A2 and am applying for biomed. Was just wondering, does the uni look at predicted grades rather than your actual grades? Also, I'm applying to Sheffield uni so how's the uni life there?e.g lectures, seminars, accomodation, social life xD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 15
Original post by ishy555
does anyone know how many people there are typically in the class ?

There May be as much as 200 in one lecture theathre. All the class is divided into tutorial groups of 10-15 people with individual tutors for each of them. Very Good course but not easy :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16

Thanks, thu I am very late for responding but thanks, didn't get into Sheffield, doing biomed at Trent and loving it
Reply 17
No, University of Sheffield. It's a great uni, great facilities...just not the course I wanted to be on so I'm leaving. The course is one of the best in the country and the teaching is excellent. It's just up to you and what you want.

I'm moving from my current university to UoS. What is it you don't like about the course and where are you moving to ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending