The Student Room Group

Any AQA AS Unit 1 biology revision sites?

Are there any sites for the new AQA AS Unit 1 Biology course as I have the exam on Thursday and would really appreciate any extra help so is there any websites that are interactive or anything like that?
Thanks
biologymad.com

It has many links to other websites. :smile:
The exam... Learn everything in your textbook.
Now back to it. :sigh:
Reply 3
Champagne Supernova
biologymad.com

It has many links to other websites. :smile:

cheers
Reply 5
Can someone give a site for aqa as unit 2? biology guide is ok, but its more for human biology
Original post by kashim91
Can someone give a site for aqa as unit 2? biology guide is ok, but its more for human biology

http://www.biologymad.com/

Should have what you are looking for....
Reply 7
Original post by CheekiiMonkii
http://www.biologymad.com/

Should have what you are looking for....

Loool i posted this a whole 2 years ago, im at uni right now, and I already knew about biology mad at the time, it was good for unit 1, but not unit 2
Loool i posted this a whole 2 years ago, im at uni right now, and I already knew about biology mad at the time, it was good for unit 1, but not unit 2

:lol:

Oh Btw what grade did you end up getting for Biology? I hate it so much :mad:
(edited 12 years ago)

LOOOL i use it for unit 2 and find it alright to be honest... it just doesn't have A2 notes so gonna have to switch next year... :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
:lol:

Oh Btw what grade did you end up getting for Biology? I hate it so much :mad:

B, i narrowly missed an A by a couple of marks, unit 4 was a bitch. I did ok for AS i got a pretty solid A, and i think i got 73% in A2, i don't remember but yh it was really irritating, all that ecology rubbish, and unit 5 was just MASSIVE, ridiculous how much stuff we had to learn. If i remember correct I got A for unit 1 and 2, B for unit 4 and 5 and Bs for the EMPAs. Just grin and bear it, the mountain you climb is only worth it once you get to the top.
B, i narrowly missed an A by a couple of marks, unit 4 was a bitch. I did ok for AS i got a pretty solid A, and i think i got 73% in A2, i don't remember but yh it was really irritating, all that ecology rubbish, and unit 5 was just MASSIVE, ridiculous how much stuff we had to learn. If i remember correct I got A for unit 1 and 2, B for unit 4 and 5 and Bs for the EMPAs. Just grin and bear it, the mountain you climb is only worth it once you get to the top.

Aw well done!! :smile:
I messed up my Unit 1 paper pretty badly :frown: I got it back from AQA and it was mostly because I didn't have enough detail/keywords :/ otherwise my answers were all correct! & I've got an A in the ISA/EMPA so I hope that helps a bit.
I think I'm going to drop biology this year though :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
Aw well done!! :smile:
I messed up my Unit 1 paper pretty badly :frown: I got it back from AQA and it was mostly because I didn't have enough detail/keywords :/ otherwise my answers were all correct! & I've got an A in the ISA/EMPA so I hope that helps a bit.
I think I'm going to drop biology this year though :tongue:

A2 bio is a bitch, but i know someone who got a C in AS level and somehow just smashed A2 and got A* overall without even resitting AS. because they literally did 100s of questions from this software called exam pro. It really depends on what you wanna do at uni, what else are you studying?
A2 bio is a bitch, but i know someone who got a C in AS level and somehow just smashed A2 and got A* overall without even resitting AS. because they literally did 100s of questions from this software called exam pro. It really depends on what you wanna do at uni, what else are you studying?

Oh wow :O ! I think I may have to look that software up :tongue:

Well at Uni, i'm not going to do anything science related,probably History & Economics, IR..something like that..maybe even liberal arts. The AS subjects i'm doing are Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and History..so I guess my latter 2 subjects are the ones I really need to do well in :smile:
Reply 14

do you know where i can get this exam pro thing you are talking about?
Reply 15
Original post by SulekhaS
do you know where i can get this exam pro thing you are talking about?

They had it at my college, this site says its £80 for A-level, which is quite hefty tbh. Ask your teacher if they can get it for your school/college
http://www.exampro.co.uk/sec/science.asp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending