The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There are so many reasons, not just one, and I think everyone here has covered it.

*In Asia, having a large family despite a low income isn't something that is really frowned upon. I think Asian children in general behave better than others, are more manageable and therefore one can have many children without ripping their hair out.

*As many have said, there is the investment-child mentality nobody will care for you when your old, so better raise some children that will. Also, having more children means having your bloodline carried on and spread out.

*Culturally, Asians prefer to be around very large families rather than a small family and many non-related friends.

*Contraception and sex-related discussions aren't big in Asia, and we all know that can only lead to an ass load of unplanned pregnancies. It isn't considered socially acceptable to openly talk anything sex-related openly or casually. Everyone likes sex, Asians like sex, but Asians are more of the 'I'll keep it to my self' type rather than some of us over here that prefer to proudly describe every detail to everyone we know, and many we don't know. I think when it comes to this point, they have a lot to learn from us and we have a lot to learn from them.

*Less diseases...you know, the type that wipes out half your country. In Asia if you get the chickenpox it's likely that you've got it from some white guy/girl at a mall. Asians don't do diseases. Things like getting the flu don't really happen due to the tropical weather, and STDs aren't that widespread as most people only have sex 1 person or maybe 2 in their lifetimes, and gay sex is out of the question.

*Governments....don't they suck. I can't think of a single one that isn't a pain in the ass. Anyway, most Asian governments don't push contraceptions forward, and none of them subsidise (i.e. make them free of charge, take as many as you like) the cost of condoms when given to younger users. Condoms also aren't something that's readily available, so even if you would use a condom you can't. Why? Because contraception and sex-related discussions aren't big in Asia (see point 4). It's a vicious cycle, and we all know that can once again....only lead to an ass load of unplanned pregnancies.

BTW has anyone ever been to countries in Asia? I've been to India, China, Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore and despite the huge population I never seem to see ANY pregnant women around, whereas in the UK preggers seem to be everywhere. Perhaps I just subconsciously ignore the prescience of pregnant Asians? :/
Reply 41
Original post by navarre
Not true. India has a higher population density than the UK.

India is only over a million square miles, with over a billion people. Australia is over twice as big with under 2% the population of India.

So it does, been a while since I actually saw the figures.
Reply 42
Original post by im so academic
More like they don't have the factories to make extra-small condoms. Their market is for men who have normal (or bigger) dicks.

What's it with you hating on asians? The people you're putting down are most probably a lot happier than you. Just stick with your desperate 'no boy likes me' threads - maybe the reason is because you're such a condescending little idiot.
Reply 43
They like to bedroom boogie? Asian families tend to be tight knit and especially in China it was seen as essential for the younger generations to look after their elders. More kids equals better support, large families were the norm. In some parts of India it was traditional to sell children in some cases. Modern day contraceptives are not wide spread in these countries.
Reply 44
Original post by Baller
There are so many reasons, not just one, and I think everyone here has covered it.

*In Asia, having a large family despite a low income isn't something that is really frowned upon. I think Asian children in general behave better than others, are more manageable and therefore one can have many children without ripping their hair out.

*As many have said, there is the investment-child mentality nobody will care for you when your old, so better raise some children that will. Also, having more children means having your bloodline carried on and spread out.

*Culturally, Asians prefer to be around very large families rather than a small family and many non-related friends.

*Contraception and sex-related discussions aren't big in Asia, and we all know that can only lead to an ass load of unplanned pregnancies. It isn't considered socially acceptable to openly talk anything sex-related openly or casually. Everyone likes sex, Asians like sex, but Asians are more of the 'I'll keep it to my self' type rather than some of us over here that prefer to proudly describe every detail to everyone we know, and many we don't know. I think when it comes to this point, they have a lot to learn from us and we have a lot to learn from them.

*Less diseases...you know, the type that wipes out half your country. In Asia if you get the chickenpox it's likely that you've got it from some white guy/girl at a mall. Asians don't do diseases. Things like getting the flu don't really happen due to the tropical weather, and STDs aren't that widespread as most people only have sex 1 person or maybe 2 in their lifetimes, and gay sex is out of the question.

*Governments....don't they suck. I can't think of a single one that isn't a pain in the ass. Anyway, most Asian governments don't push contraceptions forward, and none of them subsidise (i.e. make them free of charge, take as many as you like) the cost of condoms when given to younger users. Condoms also aren't something that's readily available, so even if you would use a condom you can't. Why? Because contraception and sex-related discussions aren't big in Asia (see point 4). It's a vicious cycle, and we all know that can once again....only lead to an ass load of unplanned pregnancies.

BTW has anyone ever been to countries in Asia? I've been to India, China, Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore and despite the huge population I never seem to see ANY pregnant women around, whereas in the UK preggers seem to be everywhere. Perhaps I just subconsciously ignore the prescience of pregnant Asians? :/

Rofl you're right. Now that i think about it, i don't think i've ever seen a pregnant chinese woman.
Reply 45
Can't believe no-one knows the actual reason.

Rivers.

Large rivers and fertile irrigated valleys breeds large populations. That is why some of the earliest civilizations out of Africa started in Asia (Indus valley etc). The areas around the Ganges and Yellow Rivers and whatever other rivers they have in China and India have always been home to larger than average populations. It hasn't got anything to do with non-use of contraception as the higher death rate in developing countries levels things out. There's many super catholic countries in Europe that doesn't have nearly as large of a population. There is no ban on birth control in Hinduism. I know computer games aren't the most historically accurate of things (Empire Total War does a good job though) but I am running the British Empire in 1745 and while England has a paltry population of 3 million my colony (jacked from Mughals) in Bengal (Modern day Bangladesh) has a whopping 35 million people. Now I'm sure the reason isn't because Durex started an advertising campaign in 18th Century England for the populace to ditch religion and embrace free love with condoms.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JongKey
What's it with you hating on asians? The people you're putting down are most probably a lot happier than you. Just stick with your desperate 'no boy likes me' threads - maybe the reason is because you're such a condescending little idiot.

I hate everyone. I don't like the fact that Africans still demand aid, yet they're not sorting their own countries out (at least some of them are starting to refuse aid). And I don't like the fact that so many bombs are going off in the Middle East.

It's not a race thing.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
I hate everyone. I don't like the fact that Africans still demand aid, yet they're not sorting their own countries out (at least some of them are starting to refuse aid).

It's not a race thing.

Then you have a much bigger problem than i thought. Before you know it, you're going to end up alone and hating life, get a grip and stop only focussing on Oxbridge. Smell the roses and live life for pete's sake, stop hating everything.
Original post by JongKey
Then you have a much bigger problem than i thought. Before you know it, you're going to end up alone and hating life, get a grip and stop only focussing on Oxbridge. Smell the roses and live life for pete's sake, stop hating everything.

I don't care about anything else besides my looks.
Reply 49
I don't care about anything else besides my looks.

Even though keep raving about how you don't have any :rolleyes:
Reply 50
Because it tends to be the norm to have large families. A lot of the time, it's difficult to have smaller families anyway because of the lack of contraception (or the stigma surrounding it, as culture/religion may prohibit or frown upon it).
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Because asians breed like rabbits, especially now that it's Easter :wink:

Hehehehe.
You people need to get your facts straight im surprised no one realised that chinas population density is less than that of the UKs and would be average for a European country. It's a large country of course there would be many people.
Reply 53
More like they don't have the factories to make extra-small condoms. Their market is for men who have normal (or bigger) dicks.

Speaking from experience?
Reply 54
Original post by 99luft Balons
India passed the 1 billion mark in 2000.China has the world's largest population but it is also a huge country, but so is Russia a large country but have a much smaller population?

Like Bangladesh for example there are 140 million people in an area the size of New York state or England.Pakistan has a huge population of 173,593,383, it is the sixth most populous country in the world.But in 1947, Pakistan had a population of 32.5 million.From 1990 to 2009 it increased at a rate of 57.2%.

Do they pop out babies like tic tacs?

Also, are large populations a blessing or a curse for a country?

lmao because Asians are baby making machines!! We like lots of children
evolution?
Reply 56
everone's horny :biggrin:
Becasue, "Me so horny, me love you long time"

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself :ashamed2:
Also, are large populations a blessing or a curse for a country?

It depends on the country. China had such an expanding population they saw it at a curse and introduced a one chlid policy. But, Japan have a ageing population and would be glad to have a larger population, they provide great benefits to families who choose to have more children.

In general, Asian countries have larger populations because countries such as ruaral India want to have more children to work on their land and to have boys to look after them when they get older. In Europe many countries have pension schemes etc. But in developing Asian countries some families have babies until they have a boy, because girls get married and are then responsible for their husband families so they want someone to look after them in their old years.
Original post by TheHansa
Speaking from experience?

Google it - condoms are too big for Asian men, allegedly.

Latest