The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Example timetable for Portsmouth

Hi I should hopefully be starting in September and was wondering whether an existing first year could give me an example Timetabl; times for lectures, tutorials etc?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by robcalcroft
Hi I should hopefully be starting in September and was wondering whether an existing first year could give me an example Timetabl; times for lectures, tutorials etc?
Thanks.

It really depends on your course so it's not going be the same for everyone.

All I can say is you're extremely likely to have wednesday off.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Ok cool thanks, what time are the first and last lectures etc
Reply 3
9am are the earliest lectures and I think 6pm might be the last lecture start.
Remember though Parasitic, the whole structure of the Uni is changing for next year
Reply 5
Original post by jakemittle
Remember though Parasitic, the whole structure of the Uni is changing for next year

Yeah but that shouldn't change the times the lectures start :smile:

All units will be year long, no more semesters therefore no more exams during January which is great. I wonder how it will affect some of the smaller units for first years so. I guess some will be stretched out, others will remain the same just with deadlines pushed back...

I heard some lecturers might do workshops once every other week, so in theory unit won't change. I guess it could mean fairly empty timetables :smile:
Reply 6
Will there be enough days to get a part-time job in? (Thursday, Friday and Saturday?)

Just that I want to get in as much money as possible to live on when im in the accommodation and able to buy reasonable snacks and dinners if i'm put in self-catered, as right now I have no job so i'm not earning anything.

A little off-topic here, but do creative courses get exams? I did just notice you mentioning no more exams in January.
Reply 7
Original post by parasitic
It really depends on your course so it's not going be the same for everyone.

All I can say is you're extremely likely to have wednesday off.

Y is it so likely to have Wednesday off ????
I only had wednesday off 1 semester out of 4 including lectures in the afternoon.

Because it's supposed to be for sports (the afternoon).
My timetable (psychology) was consistently quite bare, never had a wednesday lecture and always had at least one other whole day off per week , plus soo much time before or after lectures you could defo fit part-time hours round your timetable. I have had friends doing alot more uni hous but nothing too strenuous. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending