The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by procrastination...
Definitely putting Falmouth as my Firm choice for Photography when I get my last response through on ucas! I heard that accommodation applications started yesterday so I'm getting a bit concerned about it being first come first served. Anyone applied for accommodation yet?
:smile:

Me and my friends worked it out this year, and we figured that the order which we applied for accommodation meant which flats we were put into. Myself and all of my flatmates applied on the first day that they opened, and we're quite near the start (Block B, Flat 1). People who applied later were further away. But they still got accommodation, despite applying anywhere upto to three or four or more weeks later. I wouldn't worry :smile:
Original post by FluffyLion
Me and my friends worked it out this year, and we figured that the order which we applied for accommodation meant which flats we were put into. Myself and all of my flatmates applied on the first day that they opened, and we're quite near the start (Block B, Flat 1). People who applied later were further away. But they still got accommodation, despite applying anywhere upto to three or four or more weeks later. I wouldn't worry :smile:

Ahh oh right! If I wasn't waiting for a response then I would've been straight in there yesterday. Bit frustrating really but like you say a couple more weeks shouldn't hurt. Thanks :smile:
Original post by procrastination...
Definitely putting Falmouth as my Firm choice for Photography when I get my last response through on ucas! I heard that accommodation applications started yesterday so I'm getting a bit concerned about it being first come first served. Anyone applied for accommodation yet?
:smile:

Yes did mine yesterday :smile: Can't wait to get down there and leave Sussex behind.
Reply 163
Original post by Roloo
I'm happy that other people are concerned about the interviews, I came on here to have a look at whether people were in the same situation as me, which you are :tongue: Got the letter with the 4 on the back about interviews in December/January and haven't heard anything haha..

I'm so nervous about the idea of an interview. What will it be like? I suppose it's different for whatever course you choose, I've applied for Advertising, do you think I just have to tell them why I want to do it etc etc?

heyy!i am going to be applying to falmouth for MA in creative advertising.Needed a little help with the advertising brief.Please lemme know what exactly do they mean by ' complete the brief'
Reply 164
is anyone going to falmouth for MA in advertising here?
Hi, Im going falmouth to do photography, is anyone else? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 166
Read this whole thread and have not seen one person applying for creative event management :frown:

Im applying as a mature student at the ripe old age of 25 :P but it was submitted really late (like 2 weeks ago)

I got a super quick offer from Gloucestershire so am just waiting to see if i get anything else.

Reading the posts, UCF seems like a nice uni! I am away travelling but hope to get back to attend the June open day.

Bit worried that i have completely missed the UCF boat!
Hi,

I had applied for the MA in Professional Writing course, and I got an unconditional offer. Is anybody here studying the same course, who can shed a few thoughts about it, their experience and how are they finding the course?

Also I couldn't find proper pictures or videos about the campus. How good is the campus?
Original post by JadeTickle
Hi, Im going falmouth to do photography, is anyone else? :smile:

Meeee :smile:
Hey, I'd love to add some people who are going to be doing English courses at Falmouth. Anyone?

http://www.facebook.com/beth.f.fairlamb
Original post by hedgehogsanonymous
Hey, I'd love to add some people who are going to be doing English courses at Falmouth. Anyone?

http://www.facebook.com/beth.f.fairlamb

Me! :biggrin: Hello, I added you on FB hope that's ok! :smile:
I started in Fal this year.

If you like your buses on time and your hippies somewhere else, the town probably isn't for you. Everywhere there are people wearing funny trousers and banging bongos!
Reply 172
Original post by DWC
Read this whole thread and have not seen one person applying for creative event management :frown:

Im applying as a mature student at the ripe old age of 25 :P but it was submitted really late (like 2 weeks ago)

I got a super quick offer from Gloucestershire so am just waiting to see if i get anything else.

Reading the posts, UCF seems like a nice uni! I am away travelling but hope to get back to attend the June open day.

Bit worried that i have completely missed the UCF boat!

Hey!

Snap! I'm going to be 24 and starting events management at UCF. Have booked myself in for the June open day so may see you there.

Will be moving down from Exeter in august, opting out of student accommodation for a house in town with my boyfriend and some graduates. If you decide on UCF then feel free to get in contact and house share with us! :biggrin:

Liv
Anybody staying at Glasney Student Village?
Reply 174
Original post by Livvy_n
Hey!

Snap! I'm going to be 24 and starting events management at UCF. Have booked myself in for the June open day so may see you there.

Will be moving down from Exeter in august, opting out of student accommodation for a house in town with my boyfriend and some graduates. If you decide on UCF then feel free to get in contact and house share with us! :biggrin:

Liv

Hey Liv!

That sounds sweet! Will let you know if i get an offer. As im applying late and with an access diploma its really hit or miss! 1 super quick offer from Gloucestershire and 1 rejection from Bournemouth so far :frown:

That just leaves me UCF, Plymouth and West London. However think iv changed my mind about London as iv already worked and lived there and fancy the quiet west country again :P .....grew up in Exeter/Crediton!

Well fingers crossed UCF get back to me soon. Maybe see you in June! :smile:
Anybody staying at Glasney Student Village?

ME! :biggrin: I guess you are too?
Yes! well im trying to book it all :smile:
What are you studying?
Yes! well im trying to book it all :smile:
What are you studying?

English literature and creative writing, you?
Reply 178
Result!

Unconditional offer for creative events managment! June open day booked.

Be good to hear peoples thoughts of choosing UCF over Plymouth or Gloucesterhsire!

See you peeps in June :smile:
I just firmed my offer for animation and applied to accommodation....application number 3 thousand and something. Uh-Oh I hope i'm not in shared :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest