The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G481 Mechanics - 17th May

How did everybody find it?
Reply 1
Not too bad, apart from my mind went blank for the last question about turbines. -_-
Reply 2
Original post by billybluehat
I'm so confused i dont know whether ive done well or not! Did anyone make the radius 9.96 or something like that for the wind turbine question?

Yep I got 9.99 so rounded it up to 10 metres
yess! haha do you know if anyone will put up any answers at some point? im eager to know how ive done!
Reply 4
is there an unofficial markscheme? can someone please make one, i would but i cannot remember all the questions!
Reply 5
I'll post one up later - I've done the paper.
Reply 6
the acceleration downwards is horizontal component of g,because resultant force is horizontal component of weight. so g*sinθ=acceleration.we already got the acceleration from previous part.
Reply 7
Can someone make an unofficial markscheme please? :smile:
Reply 8
does anyone have unofficial mark scheme
Reply 9
Original post by teachercol

will you post it tonight or something???
Reply 10
is this the correct rule for sig figs (in OCR A-Level Physics exams):

Put your final answers to the same sig figs as the values given in the question are i.e. 10.0m(3sf) for the radius question because of the 1030 density (3sf)

Also, if the sf varies throughout given data, do you use largest sf or smallest that is given in question?

Thanks

Just started worrying about it as I suddenly realised I was not sure about the rule
Reply 11
Original post by oh_1993

Put your final answers to the same sig figs as the values given in the question are i.e. 10.0m(3sf) for the radius question because of the 1030 density (3sf)

Also, if the sf varies throughout given data, do you use largest sf or smallest that is given in question?

Thanks

Just started worrying about it as I suddenly realised I was not sure about the rule

When looking at past mark schemes I don't think they take marks off you if you have the right answer I don't see why they would also in mark schemes they seem to give a few answers to different s.f so it should be ok
Reply 12
Doesn't sound like I did too good. People keep mentioning figures that don't ring any bells to me..
I got a C the first time round so I may have to settle with that.. :s-smilie:
Original post by HarryW95
Doesn't sound like I did too good. People keep mentioning figures that don't ring any bells to me..

Saaame with me , but i think i can improve on this one , defoo got c , probs b , but certainly not a...:redface:
Reply 14
Easy exam, all that revision paid off. That D i got in january scared me into me having no social life and just revising lol. But yeh, the exam was really good, dont think i dropped many marks at all :smile:
Original post by patterson

Here it is

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2004925&p=37614962#post37614962
Reply 16
Original post by etta
When looking at past mark schemes I don't think they take marks off you if you have the right answer I don't see why they would also in mark schemes they seem to give a few answers to different s.f so it should be ok

Yes, I think the sf in mark schemes vary because of the sf given in the questions. They only take off 1 mark in the whole paper though for being too accurate apparently.
Reply 17
Does anyone have the paper? The G481 May 2012 paper??? If anyone can get a hold of it...I love you
Original post by samiwami
Does anyone have the paper? The G481 May 2012 paper??? If anyone can get a hold of it...I love you

Original post by oh_1993
Yes, I think the sf in mark schemes vary because of the sf given in the questions. They only take off 1 mark in the whole paper though for being too accurate apparently.

Original post by pcforster
Easy exam, all that revision paid off. That D i got in january scared me into me having no social life and just revising lol. But yeh, the exam was really good, dont think i dropped many marks at all :smile:

Original post by Opasniipocik
Saaame with me , but i think i can improve on this one , defoo got c , probs b , but certainly not a...:redface:

Original post by etta

Original post by oh_1993

Thanks

Original post by patterson

Original post by direct99
does anyone have unofficial mark scheme

Original post by r_nws
Can someone make an unofficial markscheme please? :smile:

Original post by Eric_lee
the acceleration downwards is horizontal component of g,because resultant force is horizontal component of weight. so g*sinθ=acceleration.we already got the acceleration from previous part.

Original post by teachercol

Original post by emah123
is there an unofficial markscheme? can someone please make one, i would but i cannot remember all the questions!

Original post by billybluehat
yess! haha do you know if anyone will put up any answers at some point? im eager to know how ive done!

Original post by omar1995
Yep I got 9.99 so rounded it up to 10 metres

Original post by Joseppea
Not too bad, apart from my mind went blank for the last question about turbines. -_-

How did everybody find it?

do any of you lot have any revision notes can you please PM them to me thank you
Does anyone have the 2014 mechanics paper that they could PM me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending