:lol: The title said MAN

I say:
Alex Pettyfer

and Tom Hardy

:love: :sexface:

He is a man, he is past puberty right?

**** all ya'll Justin Beiber haters :hmmm:
Sithius
Um, no? Please think through what I say before you satisfy your eagerness to prove your own point. Just leads to bullheadedness really.

There's no need to be so ridiculously condescending. I was talking about personal opinion all along. In your first post I replied to, I thought you were as well, but then you turned it into some 'general society', 'current affairs' point. But I still stand by my point that you yourself proved that taste in looks is subjective and personal by your dismissing the appeal of the bulk of the guys on here.

I'm not going off what I think, but what others think. You are absolutely not glued up on current affairs if you think any of the men I listed are not considered hot by most women out there. I don't care if you're the exception, we're going by majorities here.

Oh we're talking about majorities now- always fun to shake things up a bit hey?
How do you know what others think? Popular opinion is not the be-all and end-all. You don't care if I'm the exception? Well you should, because it just goes to show that majority means nothing in a thread like this. I'm sure the OP wasn't hoping to hear what 'the majority' thought were the hottest guys... because no-one would agree! I'm entitled to my own opinion, and others theirs so what's the need to dismiss them all with a dodgy list of "GUYS GENERALLY ACCEPTED BY SOCIETY AS VERY HOT".

And again, that list is not 'random' as they hold many similar characteristics to one another, which I pointed out in my post that you evidently glossed over. :smile: Beauty is not completely subjective at all.

Yeah yeah, be smarmy- so I didn't address all your points. I do agree (darn it!) that celebs universally seen as hot have similarish characteristics. But there's all sorts of anomalies and exceptions etc. Plus I'd like to know who put you in charge of determining all this stuff? Maybe you put too much stock in the media.
I never said beauty wasn't subjective at all because there are certain people everyone drools over, and yes there are certain generally agreed-upon desirable characteristics, but it's far from being completely unsubjective as there's lot of grey area in between. Taste however, PERSONAL TASTE, is (hence the word personal) and that's what I thought we we're arguing here. A matter of whether you think Jude Law, David Tennant et al are actually hot (no right or wrong answer ofc).

The end.

.. jeeeezz louise as my friend would say
TinFish
He is a man, he is past puberty right?

**** all ya'll Justin Beiber haters :hmmm:

Debatable
Reply 143
xCHiiBiEverlastingx
There's no need to be so ridiculously condescending. I was talking about personal opinion all along. In your first post I replied to, I thought you were as well, but then you turned it into some 'general society', 'current affairs' point. But I still stand by my point that you yourself proved that taste in looks is subjective and personal by your dismissing the appeal of the bulk of the guys on here.

How do you know what others think? Popular opinion is not the be-all and end-all. You don't care if I'm the exception? Well you should, because it just goes to show that majority means nothing in a thread like this. I'm sure the OP wasn't hoping to hear what 'the majority' thought were the hottest guys... because no-one would agree! I'm entitled to my own opinion, and others theirs so what's the need to dismiss them all with a dodgy list of "GUYS GENERALLY ACCEPTED BY SOCIETY AS VERY HOT".

Yeah yeah, be smarmy- so I didn't address all your points. I do agree (darn it!) that celebs universally seen as hot have similarish characteristics. But there's all sorts of anomalies and exceptions etc. Plus I'd like to know who put you in charge of determining all this stuff? Maybe you put too much stock in the media.
I never said beauty wasn't subjective at all because there are certain people everyone drools over, and yes there are certain generally agreed-upon desirable characteristics, but it's far from being completely unsubjective as there's lot of grey area in between. Taste however, PERSONAL TASTE, is (hence the word personal) and that's what I thought we we're arguing here. A matter of whether you think Jude Law, David Tennant et al are actually hot (no right or wrong answer ofc).

The end.

I can't believe what you are actually trying to argue here. In fact I'm not even sure what you' trying to do, as you contradicted yourself several times. And that 'dodgy' list is based on my observations of the female populace, plus my own common sense. Do you seriously, actually believe that there aren't people out there who are considered to be beautiful by nearly everyone with half a brain? I genuinely cannot tell because you seem to be arguing against this and then right towards the end you said 'certain people are drooled over by everyone' so it's extremely confusing, and as I said contradictory.
Oh oh I forgot:

Beautiful man.
Cillian Murphy

Tom Hardy

Reply 146
David Gandy

Reply 147
xCHiiBiEverlastingx

The end.

Both of you, I, as the OP was interested in people's individual opinions, regardless of whether that is indicative of society at large.

I think there are people/celebs out there who are considered to be beautiful by more than fewer people, but it is largely unimportant. I invite everyone to post the picture of whoever they find attractive, no matter whether it goes against the mainstream or not!
Reply 148
ffiinnaa

Jensen Ackles

Paul Walker

James Blake

and of course the usuals.. Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp

I as the OP could not agree more with your third choice.

Latest