The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

^ I'm planning to! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 121
LaughingBro
Only a 2.1? Oh dear!

Well I was happy with it; it will buy me a lifestyle that the likes of which could only be dreamed of by the majority of Asians.
Reply 122
Hadouken
If you dislike this country so much why dont you leave you then? stupid wannabe anarchist.

Make me.
Rant
There are many reasons why I dislike this country. Too many to list.

Name ten.
Reply 124
acoles8
we should not force culture on others? Perhaps but lets look at ancient times. The Roman Empire in all its bloodshed and glory pressed cultures on barbaric countries. Their cultures were wiped out but we would not be where we were today if it was not for the stronger culture to prevail surely survival of the fittest applies to cultures as well?

added a few more bits to show the benefits.... The Roman Empire is effectively why we have modern day democracy and our common law system. If Rome which had a superior culture i believe did not expand and enforce its cultures on others then it would have became extinct. The Barbarian factions were at war with each other and by Rome establishing an Empire it allowed peace to prosper for some time (under Roman culture) and this is when many ideas and inventions came about so is it not better to have one culture than many.. anyway i went a bit off topic there but in today's world consumerism via globalism seems to be the only culture prevailing as others are dying out

I think I disagree with you. But then again you make such little sense that I'm not too sure what you mean. Roman culture should be forced on everyone because then everywhere would be a democracy? Or something like that.

I am very happy to live in a democracy and would not choose to live anyother way. However, if other countries feel fit to follow am I to tell then otherwise?
Reply 125
TheKlassicsKid
I mean, what specific arguments can you put forward for Britain not being the best country in the world.

That it's a subjective opinion and not a proven fact?
Reply 126
electriic_ink
Name ten.

Cba to list them.
Rant
Cba to list them.

That's convenient.
Reply 128
electriic_ink
That's convenient.

It is, isn't it.
Omg. But she works for the Daily Mail??!! Is anything to be taken seriously from the people working there?
MrCharmed
That it's a subjective opinion and not a proven fact?

Facts would be good. I mean stuff like when idiots say "But France has the best Champagne in the world". This is fcuked for two reasons. Firstly, of course France has the best Champagne in the world, its the only country that can produce it being that Champagne is only Champagne when its produced in the fcuking Champagne region of France. Secondly, international wine experts generaly agree that English sparkling wine is the best in the world. Fcuking jackasses.

Anyhow I digress....

Latest

Trending

Trending