The Student Room Group

Msc Economics Admissions Guide (including a Warwick specific post)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .ACS.
I would say you would need to do the two year track EME programme at LSE, but otherwise yes.

Ah cool, thank you :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 561
Can we apply using our Gmat score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladiesman
Can we apply using our Gmat score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know where you are referring to but I know LSE Econ dept does not accept GMAT scores in lieu of GRE.
Hi. I'm planning to do an economics master in the UK but in every single university website I checked they ask for a 2:1 degree or international equivalent which apparently I don't have as my final average is 14/20 and I'm supposed to have a 16/20 according to conversion tables. My university is internationally well-ranked and I was hoping that would help me but now I'm not sure if they will even consider my application. Should I bother applying? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 564
Original post by justnothappenin
Hi. I'm planning to do an economics master in the UK but in every single university website I checked they ask for a 2:1 degree or international equivalent which apparently I don't have as my final average is 14/20 and I'm supposed to have a 16/20 according to conversion tables. My university is internationally well-ranked and I was hoping that would help me but now I'm not sure if they will even consider my application. Should I bother applying? Thanks! :smile:

Which university is it? / Which country's grading system is it?
Thanks for your reply :smile: I'm from Nova School of Business & Economics. The grading is the Portuguese one - it goes from 0 to 20. They have good master programs and the option of doing a year abroad or going for a double degree so this is not a question of me wanting to go to another country.
I was in the University of Hull for one semester in my second year (last year) and I liked the system and the tutor-student proximity, maybe also the fact that it was easier to get good grades which I know is not going to happen in a master program.
I had no clue I would have to get at least a 16 out of 20 to get anywhere in the UK. Well, even if I knew that in my first year of uni I don't think I would have managed to get higher grades like that :/
Original post by justnothappenin
Thanks for your reply :smile: I'm from Nova School of Business & Economics. The grading is the Portuguese one - it goes from 0 to 20. They have good master programs and the option of doing a year abroad or going for a double degree so this is not a question of me wanting to go to another country.
I was in the University of Hull for one semester in my second year (last year) and I liked the system and the tutor-student proximity, maybe also the fact that it was easier to get good grades which I know is not going to happen in a master program.
I had no clue I would have to get at least a 16 out of 20 to get anywhere in the UK. Well, even if I knew that in my first year of uni I don't think I would have managed to get higher grades like that :/

Does anyone know which is the best university for an economics masters
Just wanted to know how important advanced econometrics is for MSc Economics at LSE.

I'm currently a final year at Warwick BSc Economics, and only did 1 Econometric module (core textbook: Woolridge), which was a compulsory module in year 2. I did well in the module, scoring a 76% overall.

However, I did not take any econometric modules this year, instead focusing on financial economics, mathematical economics and applied economic modules. So my main question is, will my application be affected because of this choice?

:colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Needed some background evaluation
Currently studying at Cass business school, banking And international finance
1st year 78%, 2nd year 72%
Applying for advanced diploma in economics at Cambridge and Eme 2year at lse
All results for 2nd year economics modules are above 80 and I am top 10 within peer group. 2nd year low grade was because of two accounting modules. Econometrics module 76%
What do you guys think the chance to get offer from cam or lse ?
Portsmouth University - MA Marketing

University Of Derby - MSc Marketing Management

Brighton University - Marketing (Branding and Communications) (MSc)

Nottingham Trent University -MSc Marketing

London South Bank University - Msc International Marketing

Which one is better?
Has anyone gone to these unis? any advice
I'm going to apply for a Msc in Finance to Warwick, how many chances i have with a 2:1? Is it highly competitive?
At last, can you suggest me a middle level uni that i can apply for that is not too much competitive? (Second choice if i'll not get into warwick)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending