The Student Room Group

I have a thing for girls who are well spoken/posh accents etc. Anyone else the same?

Scroll to see replies

I agree with Roger
Reply 21
I don't like the posh accent: 'rah', 'darhling', 'gap yah', etc, just don't do it for me.

Or is that the toff accent? (Could someone explain the difference to me? I'm confused :frown: )

I like neutral accents, with a little twist of any sort :smile:

I'm convinced I have some slight form of Aspergers Syndrome - (amongst other things) in real life I have a very, let's say 'creative' use of both grammar and the application of predicates to things that they shouldn't really apply to. So I don't mind so much about how 'correct' their grammar is, so long as I can make intelligible sense of what they're saying!
Reply 22
Original post by hermaphrodite
....Or just a pedant!

Who are you calling a pedant? :s-smilie: Me or the ladies I describe?
Reply 23
I find that typical "rah"or sloane type girls are pretty boring in their Jack-wills uniforms and boyfriends with rugby shirts, just the upper-class version of chavs.

But if I see a proper classy girl wearing diamonds with a bit of style and/or intelligence, yes that is attractive.
Original post by 7he5haman
I don't like the posh accent: 'rah', 'darhling', 'gap yah', etc, just don't do it for me.

Or is that the toff accent? (Could someone explain the difference to me? I'm confused :frown: )

I like neutral accents, with a little twist of any sort :smile:

I'm convinced I have some slight form of Aspergers Syndrome - (amongst other things) in real life I have a very, let's say 'creative' use of both grammar and the application of predicates to things that they shouldn't really apply to. So I don't mind so much about how 'correct' their grammar is, so long as I can make intelligible sense of what they're saying!

Oh I think I have this too, being 'creative' in how I put things. I'm very well-spoken and usually described as posh with my accent, but have also been asked what country I'm from, because I tend to say things a little weirdly at times- I suppose in my use of grammar and sentence structure. I wouldn't say this is a bad thing though, it's good to have some differences :smile: like you say, a little twist.
(edited 12 years ago)
Posh accents can be sexy. But I think there are two sorts. One is the genteel type 'posh' - say Emma Watson as an example. However the deeper sounding posh accent isn't attractive at all. I can't think of an example off the top of my head but i'm sure you know what I mean.

The trouble with this country is we 're still so class-ridden. People are put off being well spoken because somehow that means they are up themselves, making a point about being superior etc. Why do we have to dumb ourselves down like this?
ha! I know of one blonde bombshell from bath.

I'd smash her back door in any day of the week.

She is so ****ing lucky to live far enough from me so I cannot hunt her down though.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
ha! I know of one blonde bombshell from bath.

I'd smash her back door in any day of the week.

She is so ****ing lucky to live far enough from me so I cannot hunt her down though.

That's sort of scary :eek:
Reply 28
Original post by HARRY PUTAH

That is a really weird thing to say.
haha i'm out then :smile: proud to be who I am though.
Original post by i'm cool yeah?
nom nom nom

ever seen "how not to live your life"
meets a really posh girl who's into really kinky stuff :sexface:

A posh girl into kinky stuff is a really hot juxtaposition. I would love to test her limits too see how filthy she could be behind that posh exterior! :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Mrbuster
I love girls who are well spoken and have that posh accent that goes along with it. Luckily enough, I went to visit a friend at his University down in Bristol and I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there lol. Anyway, my friend isn't posh but he has wealthy parents, therefore he gets the best of everything. He introduced me to a few of his friends, including a few females, and their accents were amazing. I loved how they spoke so softly and well mannered. It was so refreshing to hear, unlike the type of people you get in London and the south east of England.

We aren't all like that.

You can get well-spoken South Eastern girls!
Reply 32
Original post by Mick Travis
Posh accents can be sexy. But I think there are two sorts. One is the genteel type 'posh' - say Emma Watson as an example. However the deeper sounding posh accent isn't attractive at all. I can't think of an example off the top of my head but i'm sure you know what I mean.

The trouble with this country is we 're still so class-ridden. People are put off being well spoken because somehow that means they are up themselves, making a point about being superior etc. Why do we have to dumb ourselves down like this?

Its supposed to be speaking English correctly- you can get some seriously hot Northern Well-spoken accent :O
Reply 33
Well i don't like either extreme chavy sounding or those so posh you can't actually understand them.
There are different levels/versions of "posh" accents. Some I like and others i can't stand.
I HATE rah type girls. But to answer the question yeah i like classy girls just not rahs or snobs

Voicewise i also hate girls that sound like they should be on jeremy jyle or in a Catherine Tate sketch.

I've been called posh (I'm not and am certainly not rich) but that was by a northern kid who was tryng to tell this dutch person his name but the dutch person couldn't understand him because his accent meant he couldn't pronounce his own name. He was called Harry but didn't say the H and the arry sounded more like arree. Apparently saying his name right made me posh
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm asian and I have a posh british accent.

Don't ask me how...
Original post by Mrbuster
I love girls who are well spoken and have that posh accent that goes along with it. Luckily enough, I went to visit a friend at his University down in Bristol and I think I must of been one of the few "common" people there lol. Anyway, my friend isn't posh but he has wealthy parents, therefore he gets the best of everything. He introduced me to a few of his friends, including a few females, and their accents were amazing. I loved how they spoke so softly and well mannered. It was so refreshing to hear, unlike the type of people you get in London and the south east of England.

*Cough* I'm from Sussex *Cough* :eek: but you get a positive rep for the the Subject title... :rolleyes:

I also have a thing for girls who are well spoken and articulate, a broad vocabulary is also a massive plus... - plus long full hair - it's a public school thing I guess?

Shame tho init blud like I speak like this , aye blud! (excuse one's correct use of grammar)
:colondollar:irish /south african accent

love it
To be honest I think a lot of posh girls nowadays talk quite cockneyish. It's all about getting down with da gangstas.

Original post by gm15
Well i don't like either extreme chavy sounding or those so posh you can't actually understand them.
There are different levels/versions of "posh" accents. Some I like and others i can't stand.
I HATE rah type girls. But to answer the question yeah i like classy girls just not rahs or snobs

Voicewise i also hate girls that sound like they should be on jeremy jyle or in a Catherine Tate sketch.

I've been called posh (I'm not and am certainly not rich) but that was by a northern kid who was tryng to tell this dutch person his name but the dutch person couldn't understand him because his accent meant he couldn't pronounce his own name. He was called Harry but didn't say the H and the arry sounded more like arree. Apparently saying his name right made me posh

yh i am dutch and when i just moved to the Uk i was struggling to understand people especially the north
i found americans much easier to understand
but i now i able to understand all accents

Quick Reply