The Student Room Group

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Do you think you have any food and drink opinion(s) that could be considered unpopular or even 'controversial'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't like most meat in general and I've yet to meet another person who doesn't like the taset of chicken. :mmm:
Reply 2
Feast ice cream is horrible
Reply 3
I really like cabbage. Particularly fried and sprinkled with salt and pepper. And particularly on its own. Everyone else seems to think that's abnormal.
beetroot is food of the devil.
Reply 5
I hate cheese. Most people think I'm mental. Blergh.
Reply 6
There are very few take-aways that you can't do better at home for half the cost.

The market leader in a particular category is generally not actually that goood quality: eg Domino's, Ben and Jerrys, KFC, Coca Cola. You can get supermarket own brands that are better than all of them.

Most people couldn't tell the difference in a blind taste test between, well, almost anything.

The food you can get in the UK - either in restaurants or the supermarket - is the highest quality and most variety in the world. Only France and the US come close.
Reply 7
I think modern food hygeine laws are responsible for high rates of food poisoning, weakened immune systems.

I know for a fact brands are what sell fast food, subways, mcdonalds, kfc etc. I've read studies on it, marketing is powerful.
Cooking steak any further than rare is a waste of time and beef.
Reply 9
I like liver.
I'm one of those pineapple on pizza kinds of people. Some think it has no place on a pizza. I disagree.
Reply 11
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I'm one of those pineapple on pizza kinds of people. Some think it has no place on a pizza. I disagree.

Agree 100%. Ham and Pineapple is awesome in my opinion.

I also love mincemeat (the stuff in mince pies) straight from the jar.
Original post by dani_1991
Agree 100%. Ham and Pineapple is awesome in my opinion.

I also love mincemeat (the stuff in mince pies) straight from the jar.

mmm, mincemeat <3

...This thread appears to be 'Popular Food and Drink Opinions', as it stands.
DOWN WITH COKE! :mob:
(edited 12 years ago)
Coca Cola/Pepsi is the most disgusting drink ever created. It literally makes me sick just thinking about it, I have no idea how people can enjoy drinking this toxic acid.
Reply 15
Ketchup is disgusting.
Reply 16
Apparently (after Contrad!ction.'s comment I did a google search of 'the most unpopular foods) a lot of people dislike anchovies.

I love em!

I also like lumpy porridge, and REALLY overly cordial-ified juice drinks.

Cooked mushrooms are high on my fave food list (a lot of people dont like the slimy texture). I also love beetroot.
Original post by Contrad!ction.

I love it too. Can't believe that people moan about fruit on a pizza - tomato is a fruit too.
Cheese is horrible.
Stir-fried broccoli is delicious (I'm yet to meet someone who shares my opinion).
Well-done steak is a tragedy.
Apple juice should be banned. It's horrid

Quick Reply