The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Webberino
I guess, just attempting the questions has made me realise how little I know.

:console: Well done for getting through them somehow. :hugs:
That really sucks! Could your mum try calling them up or something? Maybe you could try goin to the gp or something, really bad that you have to wait that long. When do you go back to school? :hugs:

Ah she really shouldn't be making you go if it will make you feel worse. Really sorry things are so bad, hope you feel a little better soon. :jumphug:

But you're so bright, I'm sure it will come to you :hugs:

Thanks.
I think she will mention it when she phones them to get it rearranged. If they don't, going to the gp sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Tomorrow, I'm really scared. My heart is pounding and I feel sick just thinking about it. I've got work I need to do which I still haven't done and I bet my friends will have gotten really close over the holidays so there will be little inside jokes that I don't understand so I'll feel even more left out. Only got a few weeks actually left at school so teachers will be going on about our exams and how close/important they are, I can't deal with it.
I'm not going to say anything because I think this holiday is really important to her. Money is really tight atm and she's so excited about it and I wouldn't want to spoil it.
Ergh, gotta email this essay off then one more 5000 word essay to do, then I have to start my dissertation. Ergh ergh ergh ergh ergh not looking forward to that. :yucky: Never written anything that long before, still trying to decide whether to take my psychologist up on her offer to contact my uni and tell them about the depression **** or not. Does anyone else feel like it's kind of cheating? Getting extra time to complete work and stuff. I feel like if I just pulled my finger out I'd be fine, it's just doing it that's the problem :frown:
Reply 7602
Original post by Phoenix07
Well aren't you good preparing all the dinners :smile: yer I love relentless ... yum but only allowed one a week because they make my chest pains horrifically bad! But may have a coffee now I am back in the house!

Haven't gone yet, going with my mate when he finishes lectures so around 2ish! You up to much then? Ready for your presentation tomorrow?

Well If I dont cook then its food poisoning all round. I already have a cold... dont want a bout of vomiting to follow.

Yep, my presentation is all finished and looks good. Just going through my notes... and dunking cookies... need them for strength :biggrin:

Turned my phone off... too many class m8s asking for help...lol
Original post by Anonymous
But you're so bright, I'm sure it will come to you :hugs:

Thanks.
I think she will mention it when she phones them to get it rearranged. If they don't, going to the gp sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Tomorrow, I'm really scared. My heart is pounding and I feel sick just thinking about it. I've got work I need to do which I still haven't done and I bet my friends will have gotten really close over the holidays so there will be little inside jokes that I don't understand so I'll feel even more left out. Only got a few weeks actually left at school so teachers will be going on about our exams and how close/important they are, I can't deal with it.
I'm not going to say anything because I think this holiday is really important to her. Money is really tight atm and she's so excited about it and I wouldn't want to spoil it.

Don't feel it but thanks. :hugs:
Getting distracted again by my brother insisting we have to watch House now. Then going to see an old neighbour with my mum at 2. I'm doomed!

Good luck. :hugs:
:console: Hope it goes ok and hope your friends aren't too annoying. :tongue:
Ah ok, hope it isn't too bad then. :hugs:
Well aren't you good preparing all the dinners :smile: yer I love relentless ... yum but only allowed one a week because they make my chest pains horrifically bad! But may have a coffee now I am back in the house!

Haven't gone yet, going with my mate when he finishes lectures so around 2ish! You up to much then? Ready for your presentation tomorrow?

PS. mr clever laptop fixer upper ... laptop hard drives, difficult/expensive to fix yes?

*pokes nose in* Laptop hard drives to replace are not usually too expensive, depending on what size. To fix depends on what is wrong.
Original post by Sabertooth
Ergh, gotta email this essay off then one more 5000 word essay to do, then I have to start my dissertation. Ergh ergh ergh ergh ergh not looking forward to that. :yucky: Never written anything that long before, still trying to decide whether to take my psychologist up on her offer to contact my uni and tell them about the depression **** or not. Does anyone else feel like it's kind of cheating? Getting extra time to complete work and stuff. I feel like if I just pulled my finger out I'd be fine, it's just doing it that's the problem :frown:

I completely feel the same have struggled for years with dyslexia and depression but don't want to ask for help because I would feel like cheating! But if you just think of it that non-dyslexic, non-depressed people are cheating by not having these issues it might be easier! Just get the help you need to do your best!

Original post by warp2125
Well If I dont cook then its food poisoning all round. I already have a cold... dont want a bout of vomiting to follow.

Yep, my presentation is all finished and looks good. Just going through my notes... and dunking cookies... need them for strength :biggrin:

Turned my phone off... too many class m8s asking for help...lol

Haha opposite here, if I do cook then it'll be food poisoning all round :tongue:

Glad you've finished it :smile: housemate force fed me brioche before he went out because apparently I looked hungry ... thats my strength!

well if you turned off your phone because too many people were asking for help we will ignore me editing my last comment to ask your for laptop advice :tongue:

Original post by rmhumphries
*pokes nose in* Laptop hard drives to replace are not usually too expensive, depending on what size. To fix depends on what is wrong.

Thanks :smile: but no idea what size or what the issue is 'imminent hard drive failure' is all it says.....fun times!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Webberino
Don't feel it but thanks. :hugs:
Getting distracted again by my brother insisting we have to watch House now. Then going to see an old neighbour with my mum at 2. I'm doomed!

Good luck. :hugs:
:console: Hope it goes ok and hope your friends aren't too annoying. :tongue:
Ah ok, hope it isn't too bad then. :hugs:

:hugs:
House is great, listen to your brother :laugh:

I completely feel the same have struggled for years with dyslexia and depression but don't want to ask for help because I would feel like cheating! But if you just think of it that non-dyslexic, non-depressed people are cheating by not having these issues it might be easier! Just get the help you need to do your best!

Haha opposite here, if I do cook then it'll be food poisoning all round :tongue:

Glad you've finished it :smile: housemate force fed me brioche before he went out because apparently I looked hungry ... thats my strength!

well if you turned off your phone because too many people were asking for help we will ignore me editing my last comment to ask your for laptop advice :tongue:

Thanks :smile: but no idea what size or what the issue is 'imminent hard drive failure' is all it says.....fun times!

Hmm, sounds like it needs replacing, although it could need replacing within the next week or within the next 2 years, the problem is if you keep using it it may fail at any point, and you could lose anything on it (I assume you can still use it currently).

To find the size, go My Computer -> (Right-click the drive) -> Properties and it will say there.
urgh, still have a cold, see consultant today to see how my ear is healing, no doubt something goes wrong with that as well.
Feeling really bad. I'm going to see some people about the uni later. I want to find out more about taking a break and verify extensions etc. :sigh: Can't believe I'm half way through my degree and I don't even know if I'll manage to finish it.
Reply 7610

ok.. what version of windows do you have?... second, when did this start?.. third, do you get a blue screen with aload of writing on?
Reply 7611

I know exactly what you mean. I struggled massively through my dissertation and in the end I got it in on time, but it was nowhere near as good as it could have been. But I felt it was 'cheating' to ask for extra time, cos everyone else managed to get theirs in on time.

Now I wish I'd got it all sorted with my doctor and uni sooner so I could have had a little bit of extra time which would have stopped me from stressing so much and making myself worse. The amount of times I practically had to run home from uni and burst into tears as soon as I got to my room then screamed into my pillow... It can't be good...

It's up to you if you want the uni to know, but personally I'm gonna try and get it sorted for me asap cos I know for a fact I won't be able to cope with the summer exams and then my final year project next year...

Good luck with your work, I'm sure it will all be fine :smile:
If I can help at all, you know how to get in contact with me. If not me, then I remember several others saying you can talk to them as well!

Thank you very much :hugs:

I can't really get my head around that :tongue:

I mean do you not feel like it's your fault in some way?

Original post by Niclala
I know exactly what you mean. I struggled massively through my dissertation and in the end I got it in on time, but it was nowhere near as good as it could have been. But I felt it was 'cheating' to ask for extra time, cos everyone else managed to get theirs in on time.

Now I wish I'd got it all sorted with my doctor and uni sooner so I could have had a little bit of extra time which would have stopped me from stressing so much and making myself worse. The amount of times I practically had to run home from uni and burst into tears as soon as I got to my room then screamed into my pillow... It can't be good...

It's up to you if you want the uni to know, but personally I'm gonna try and get it sorted for me asap cos I know for a fact I won't be able to cope with the summer exams and then my final year project next year...

Good luck with your work, I'm sure it will all be fine :smile:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about, I'm gonna stress out and it's going to make my depression/psychosis many times worse. At undergrad I got extensions and still ended up in hospital having tried to do all my revision for exams and assessed essays, I really don't want to repeat that. But then on the other hand there's this feeling like I'm just clearly too dumb to do uni if I can't even keep up. :frown:

You should definitely try and get it sorted out, I wouldn't have been able to do my undergrad degree without all the extensions and allowances they made me, so I would definitely advise you to take any help you can get. Now if only I could apply that to myself now :tongue:

I'm starting to loathe mondays. I have sports practice in the evening and have to get the train there and every week, every ****ing week without fail, I spend the entire day worrying about it - and I have NO IDEA why!!!! I love playing, it's the highlight of my week but I can't help this massive crushing anxiety I get every week beforehand. Wtf is wrong with me? :banghead:
Hmm, sounds like it needs replacing, although it could need replacing within the next week or within the next 2 years, the problem is if you keep using it it may fail at any point, and you could lose anything on it (I assume you can still use it currently).

To find the size, go My Computer -> (Right-click the drive) -> Properties and it will say there.

ok.. what version of windows do you have?... second, when did this start?.. third, do you get a blue screen with aload of writing on?

Thanks :smile: but I will move on from complaining about my laptop on here .... not the forum for it! Got my dissertation all bound and done, can't believe I am pretty much done here now! Scary ****! How you feeling then?

I can't really get my head around that :tongue:

I mean do you not feel like it's your fault in some way?

Yer I do :frown: hence the being a third year and pretty much failing last year and still not telling the uni about it! Completely blame myself, but am totally going to mess myself for the future with grades wise now....so if it will help you you should find some way to do it! Don't want other people messing up like me!
Reply 7615
Thanks :smile: but I will move on from complaining about my laptop on here .... not the forum for it! Got my dissertation all bound and done, can't believe I am pretty much done here now! Scary ****! How you feeling then?
!

Congratz.... must be a weight off your mind.... my nose is really sore.... keeps bleeding. :frown:

Are you going to celebrate then?
Ugh, it's happening again :frown: Does anyone else ever feel great for a couple of weeks or so, before - for no reason whatsoever - suddenly feeling like absolute crap? The worst of it is, my negative moods last for a lot longer than my positive ones, and I start trying to make myself feel worse because I get these urges to look things up on the internet that I know will make me more depressed than ever.

I couldn't go into college today, either. I just feel so bad :frown: My GP referred me to see a counsellor last November, and they contacted me, but I still haven't had an appointment yet. I've missed so much of college already I worry if I've screwed up my AS Levels for good...
Congratz.... must be a weight off your mind.... my nose is really sore.... keeps bleeding. :frown:

Are you going to celebrate then?

Owh thats not good hun, :hugs: *whilst being careful to stay away from the bleeding nose*

I don't know about the celebrating though .... a load of people are going out wednesday and I am invited but they are all my bfs friends and I don't really know/get on with them :/ so might just stay in and spend my time relaxing on battlefield 3 :tongue:
Reply 7618
Original post by superwolf
:hi: Hope you've been doing ok, and don't feel bad for not having posted - we all need a break from social interaction every once in a while. If you do make a new account, be sure and tell us who you are (I get very confused over all the new accounts and name changes :colondollar:).

The meet ups were really good fun - hope to see you at the next one. :smile:

Thank you for taking the time to reply... it's a little thing but for some reason it means a lot.

There are good days and bad days... mostly bad :sigh:. I spent the majority of the Easter holidays locked away at home feeling empty then sad, going from being a zombie to a crying mess. I probably completed 5% of my uni work so now I am panicking. I only have one deadline which is a while away but I didn't revise or prepare for any of the tests I have next week which actually count towards the final mark. Do you have any language listening tips?

And when I do make another account I will make myself known :smile: I just cannot think of what username to have! So if anyone has any ideas, feel free to mention them!

I would love to go to the next meet up! But, even though I know that everyone is amazing, for some reason the idea of it scares me! :colondollar:

How are you?
(edited 12 years ago)
I love the NHS. Needed a medication review with a view to probably increasing it as it's not working fully.....got an appointment in 5 and a half weeks. :sigh:

Latest