The Student Room Group

I was not allowed to do my QTS Skills test today!

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest what should I do?

Today the centre did not allow me to take the QTS Numeracy skills test as I did not carry the right form of Id with my signature on them. Though, I carried my passport (which was fine) and student Id card, but unfortunately my student Id card does not have my signature.
I am highly upset now and do not know what to do...?
I even pleaded them if I could start the test and meanwhile someone from home could get other form of Id that has my signature on it. But, they did not let me sit...
I am scared that I have missed 1 chance of taking the test now...

Can anyone please suggest what should I do? Should I call Pearson customer service as I did carry 2 Id but one did not have my signature. Our student Id cards do not have the provision for student's signature on them. I also carried my bank statement, NHS card and CRB just in case...

Can anyone please advise me?

Rose

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello there, while i'm not an expert on the matter, i can happily say as i have one in front of me right now, that a passport has your signature on it. so this should of been sufficient ID for them.

I suggest you ring them up or email them, failing that email or ring someone who you think could possibly help with this?
Reply 2
If you go here:

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/professional/b00211204/taking/id

You can see what is acceptable as ID for next time (unfortunately a student card is not on the list).

It will not/should not have been marked as a fail, so you still have your 3 attempts.

EDIT: Oh, and if it ever seems like they are being unreasonable, remember that they are a third party contracted to administer the tests only; they have to stick to the rules they have in front of them - you won't be able to negotiate!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rose.151786
Hi,

Rose

Original post by adi2pgce
If you go here:

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/careers/traininganddevelopment/professional/b00211204/taking/id

You can see what is acceptable as ID for next time (unfortunately a student card is not on the list).

It will not/should not have been marked as a fail, so you still have your 3 attempts.

EDIT: Oh, and if it ever seems like they are being unreasonable, remember that they are a third party contracted to administer the tests only; they have to stick to the rules they have in front of them - you won't be able to negotiate!

Well according to that link a passport should have been accepted :s-smilie: So i'm not sure what was going on :hugs:
Reply 4
Original post by anony.mouse
Well according to that link a passport should have been accepted :s-smilie: So i'm not sure what was going on :hugs:

"All candidates must provide two forms of identification at the test centre, one from each of the two groups below."

Passport is fine for one (primary group). Though I have just noticed that you can take two different IDs from the primary group, and student ID is on the list (my mistake!). However, it does unfortunately state that both IDs must include a signature (with an exception regarding passport).
Reply 5
Are you sure I still have 3 attempts left? As I am not sure on that...

Rose
Reply 6
Just book another test. You didn't take the test so you didn't fail, you didn't even start it. Don't panic!!
Why they need to be so pedantic about ID is beyond me. Turning up with a passport which is clearly yours is not enough for these idiots it would seem. I mean where would you get it from if it was not you???? where??????
Reply 8
Original post by rose.151786
Are you sure I still have 3 attempts left? As I am not sure on that...

Rose

I can't see any reason why not. You'll most likely have to pay for the next go though.
Reply 9
I can't see any reason why not. You'll most likely have to pay for the next go though.

Thanks everyone for your advice!
I called Pearson customer care today regarding this matter. They said I still have 3 ATTEMPTS though I have to pay for the re-booking.
What a relief :smile: as I didn't wanted to loose any chance for just an Id.

Happy New Year in advance!

Rose
Reply 10
Good luck for next time!
Reply 11
[HR][/HR
Good luck for next time!

Thank you!

Rose
Reply 12
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm looking to book my QTS Skills Test, apparently the first test is free but I have to pay the same fee for a retest to register (about £40 total). Is this common?
Reply 13
Original post by Darkwaxer
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm looking to book my QTS Skills Test, apparently the first test is free but I have to pay the same fee for a retest to register (about £40 total). Is this common?

Your first test is free. It will take the fee off when booking your first test at checkout. If you fail the first time you will have to pay for the resits. You can only take the test three times.
Reply 14
Thank you, that seems a mad way to do it, taking the fee off at checkout. Thank you.

Best get it booked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hi

I was very poorly last week and i missed my skills test :frown:

I have tried ringing the center and emailed them twice but they have not responded.

Do you know if one of my chances will have gone? i failed my one today so how many chances have i got left?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lauren
Reply 16
Original post by Lauren-new
Hi

I was very poorly last week and i missed my skills test :frown:

I have tried ringing the center and emailed them twice but they have not responded.

Do you know if one of my chances will have gone? i failed my one today so how many chances have i got left?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lauren

You have to do it through the online booking system, the centre just administer the test and cant do anything about your booking.

If you need to miss any, you should attempt to reschedule or cancel through the online system so that they can see that youre not going.

Im not sure about chances, but Id imagine it wont count, check the online system - it will say fail or, as I expect, not taken.

If you do thorough practice you should crack it next go, and there's a good youtube video for the maths one if that's your problem test. Just remember you only need 5 correct in the mental maths if you get full marks in the graph bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6zkJ-_RRU

Good Luck!
Reply 17
Just wondering if anyone has completed pilot skills tests? If so, have you had your payment through yet?
Original post by jelly2013
Just wondering if anyone has completed pilot skills tests? If so, have you had your payment through yet?

My letter said payment will be roughly 8 weeks after the tasks were completed, so won't be yet. You should get a payment advice slip nearer the time, I'm not sure if this is email or a letter though.
Reply 19
Original post by squidlington
My letter said payment will be roughly 8 weeks after the tasks were completed, so won't be yet. You should get a payment advice slip nearer the time, I'm not sure if this is email or a letter though.

Oh thanks. Just the man at the test centre said should be 2-3 weeks for some reason so I was quite surprised as knew about the 8 week wait. It's been 2 weeks since I completed mine and I haven't had anything through yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending