The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommodation FAQ + Accommodation Choices Thread Mark III

Scroll to see replies

hey guys what do you think about sanctuary students grafton st?
I applied for uni halls-goerge kenyeon as first preference and second preference, weston as third.
but havent gotten offer YET.

Is Sanctuary students grafton st (double ensuite) 122/1wk ok? do you think its reasonable?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by michael54321
Any postgrad students still looking for accommodation? Whats your deal, where are you looking ect?

yep Im looking for now.
cant find any good private halls :frown:

what is your consideration?
Looking for one, too. Got an unconditional offer but no news from the uni halls yet. I'm in engineering campus so looking for places nearby: city centre, hulme, ardwick or rusholme. From what I observe the prices went a bit higher, didn't they?
Original post by forbiddenforest
Looking for one, too. Got an unconditional offer but no news from the uni halls yet. I'm in engineering campus so looking for places nearby: city centre, hulme, ardwick or rusholme. From what I observe the prices went a bit higher, didn't they?

me too. got an offer in Feb, still no news...
cos Im a MBS student, im considerint sanctuary students grafton st. 122/wk
how much were they????
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ddereu
yep Im looking for now.
cant find any good private halls :frown:

what is your consideration?

They all seem to be fully booked and only offer a waiting list. might have to be a shared house but I've done that in my undergrad and would prefer halls, less hassle.
Original post by michael54321
They all seem to be fully booked and only offer a waiting list. might have to be a shared house but I've done that in my undergrad and would prefer halls, less hassle.

i agree. i dont want to share even bathroom. dont you try to join waiting list?
i got an offer from sanctuary students even though i was in the waiting list. (but its not a standard ensuite)
how about booking for it?
Original post by Wired_1800
Not yet. Have you? Do you have an unconditional offer?

Original post by EmilyPlatypus
If it's conditional offer I think you get it on results day? Unconditional is a bit before that but I'm not sure when?

i have the unconditional offer! anyways i've emailed them and was told that the accom offer starts going out starting late june, tho its pretty late now.. guess its going out real soon
When was the deadline for unconditional offer holders for the accommodation?
Original post by Jo Mathew
When was the deadline for unconditional offer holders for the accommodation?

I think that it was 15 February.
I'm getting a little worried since it's July now and I've not heard anything whatsoever regarding accommodation- I got an unconditional offer months ago and I applied for my accommodation in the middle of January :/

It's driving me crazy! I wanna start buying things for my room but since I don't know where I'll actually be living yet, I don't know if I'll be getting the right stuff! I'm so impatient! XD
Although it seems like everyone else is in the same boat anyways, I'm beginning to think I won't even get an offer...yikes...
Original post by yoyoyo48
I'm getting a little worried since it's July now and I've not heard anything whatsoever regarding accommodation- I got an unconditional offer months ago and I applied for my accommodation in the middle of January :/

It's driving me crazy! I wanna start buying things for my room but since I don't know where I'll actually be living yet, I don't know if I'll be getting the right stuff! I'm so impatient! XD
Although it seems like everyone else is in the same boat anyways, I'm beginning to think I won't even get an offer...yikes...

ME TOO ! still no news.. im unconditional offer btw..
so i applied for Sanctuary students and got an offer. i feel relieve now :'(
Really? I applied in March! I thought the deadline was the same for everyone.
The deadline is the same for everyone I'm sure, it's unfair to have a Feb deadline when there are some students who didn't even receive an offer till March!

July had just started. The conditionals will hear in August so there is plenty of time for us unconditionals to hear.

Relax :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I might have missed my deadline then but do you think I will still get my preference because of my unconditional offer?
I think that it was 15 February.
I think I might have missed my deadline then but do you think I will still get my preference because of my unconditional offer?

I am not an expert on this matter nor do I work for the Accommodation Office.
My opinion is that you will be fine. I don't think that the deadline is a hard deadline i.e. applicants after 15 Feb will be rejected. I think that they will consider applications as they come through. However, those applications that were submitted before the deadline may have a higher preference. This also depends on the popularity of the Halls and/or location.

What I think will happen is that those with unconditional offers will be allocated rooms once they are confirmed. Those with conditional offers i.e. A' Level kids may have reserved rooms from the remainder of the rooms after allocating to current UG international students and new unconditional freshers.

I don't think that freshers will lose our of rooms, but they may not get their preference choice(s).

Good luck.
Hi everyone! I have an unconditional offer and I have just received my accommodation offer! So i guess they are sending them out this week!
Thanks I just got my accommodation offer and luckily it is one of my 2nd preferences so i'm very happy.
I am not an expert on this matter nor do I work for the Accommodation Office.
My opinion is that you will be fine. I don't think that the deadline is a hard deadline i.e. applicants after 15 Feb will be rejected. I think that they will consider applications as they come through. However, those applications that were submitted before the deadline may have a higher preference. This also depends on the popularity of the Halls and/or location.

What I think will happen is that those with unconditional offers will be allocated rooms once they are confirmed. Those with conditional offers i.e. A' Level kids may have reserved rooms from the remainder of the rooms after allocating to current UG international students and new unconditional freshers.

I don't think that freshers will lose our of rooms, but they may not get their preference choice(s).

Good luck.
Hey i was thinking exactly the same thing but i just received my accommodation offer so hopefully they ll start giving out to everyone? Which campus did you apply for if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by yoyoyo48

Same here! Literally got my offer 1 hr ago. Which campus are you living in if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by lndegwa
Hi everyone! I have an unconditional offer and I have just received my accommodation offer! So i guess they are sending them out this week!
Same here! Literally got my offer 1 hr ago. Which campus are you living in if you don't mind me asking?

City Campus, Denmark road. You?

Quick Reply