The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

In response to the original question - people in general just like to have problems and complain about things and be a part of petty, silly movements that don't really have a negative impact on this planet.

We're distracted by little silly issues and ignore the massive problems that are taking place on this planet. Homosexuality? Please. How about maniacs in powerful positions, corruption, destruction, loss of life, savagery, etc etc. As a collective, our energy should be directed at the real issues here not who prefers which gender.

I'm not bashing the OP for starting this thread btw, I'm just talking generally. People are distracted too easily by small things. We all need to look at the bigger picture here and stop dividing ourselves over non-issues.
Original post by Oops. Again.
In response to the original question - people in general just like to have problems and complain about things and be a part of petty, silly movements that don't really have a negative impact on this planet.

We're distracted by little silly issues and ignore the massive problems that are taking place on this planet. Homosexuality? Please. How about maniacs in powerful positions, corruption, destruction, loss of life, savagery, etc etc. As a collective, our energy should be directed at the real issues here not who prefers which gender.

I'm not bashing the OP for starting this thread btw, I'm just talking generally. People are distracted too easily by small things. We all need to look at the bigger picture here and stop dividing ourselves over non-issues.

You seem to be under the impression that people can only focus on a single issue. It's possible to direct attention at all these issues

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oops. Again.

Are you talking about people against homosexuality or people who are defending it?
Original post by KC003

Admittedly, I don't agree with a lot of Islamic law

A wise decision.

and there are a small number of individuals who give them a bad name,

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Sudan and Pakistan are not "a small number".

You've just done exactly the same thing and discriminated against a group in society. Seems fairly hypocritical...

I don't discriminate against Muslims insofar as I don't think they should have less rights. You seem to believe that because I don't discriminate, therefore I should like and applaud them. Utter solipsism.

There is also a significant difference between homosexuality and Islam; Islam is axiomatically opposed to the rights of individuals if followed according to its tenets. Islam is also a choice.

Unlike Islam, homosexuality harms no one.
Original post by mabz123
how is it rape, if a an 8 year old kid agrees to having sex with a 25 year old women and vice and versa?

whats wrong with that, according to the argument that you use for gay people, which is that we should have the right to love whom we want to, have sex with whom we want to, as long as theres pure love.

hence if an 8 year old boy loves a grown women and vice versa, they should be allowed to have sex, and it shouldnt considered rape- of they love each other.

and shouldnt their love be equall to that of a hetrosexual couple and gay couples? its only fair right?

end sarcasm

Try some neuroscience.
Original post by yarshad
Why are you twisting it about the crisis in the Middle East, Of course I hate everything that's happening there. It's horrible what they do to people there.

My question was why do you say Islam is nonsense specifically?

Because it's a fallacious religion. It's self-contradictory, clearly false, there's no proof of the existence of Allah, or that if there is a god, that it is Allah.

Equally, the oppression, the misery, the wars and bloodshed you see in the Middle East, is exactly what you'd expect to see in a false, man-made religion.
Original post by mabz123
how is it rape, if a an 8 year old kid agrees to having sex with a 25 year old women and vice and versa?

whats wrong with that, according to the argument that you use for gay people, which is that we should have the right to love whom we want to, have sex with whom we want to, as long as theres pure love.

hence if an 8 year old boy loves a grown women and vice versa, they should be allowed to have sex, and it shouldnt considered rape- of they love each other.

and shouldnt their love be equall to that of a hetrosexual couple and gay couples? its only fair right?

Because an 8 year old is incapable of giving informed consent.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, paedophile apologist.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Because it's a fallacious religion. It's self-contradictory, clearly false, there's no proof of the existence of Allah, or that if there is a god, that it is Allah.

Equally, the oppression, the misery, the wars and bloodshed you see in the Middle East, is exactly what you'd expect to see in a false, man-made religion.

Wow.
Reply 468
Because an 8 year old is incapable of giving informed consent.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, paedophile apologist.

EDIT: nvm...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 469
A wise decision.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Sudan and Pakistan are not "a small number".

I don't discriminate against Muslims insofar as I don't think they should have less rights. You seem to believe that because I don't discriminate, therefore I should like and applaud them. Utter solipsism.

There is also a significant difference between homosexuality and Islam; Islam is axiomatically opposed to the rights of individuals if followed according to its tenets. Islam is also a choice.

Unlike Islam, homosexuality harms no one.

I don't for a minute believe you should 'like and applaud them' if you don't want to. And I'm just putting it out there, I'm pretty sure that the entirety of said nations are fairly normal human beings. Unfortunately, the reason they have a bad name is due to individuals with a great deal of power within those countries who make the decisions, and that's what we hear about. I just don't feel it was necessary to put down something that someone believes in on the level that you did.
Fine, you don't agree with Islam, but if you want to express that, go an find a thread about it, I'm sure there's enough around. Islam is an entire religion, it doesn't mean that every individual within it is causing a problem.
And just for the record, I'm not putting down the fact the you're fine with homosexuality - we share entirely the same opinion, so when you're saying homosexuality harms no-one, I wasn't arguing with you over that in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 470
Hi klomd! With regards to your point that "He[God] 'created' us all the same", you have forgotten to take in to account that homosexuality is present, certainly within the Bible, for example Sodom and Gomorrah. Also, even if some read the Bible as homosexuality being considered a "sin" (and I stress SOME), we are told that everyone is justified and made spiritually clean in the eyes of the Lord. I don't mean to preach but I just wanted to weigh in, so therefore I think that God accepts that homosexuality exists through His awknowledgement of it :-) Obviously, you are entitled to your own opinion- and I am glad that your cousin was accepted by your family.
legalizing gay marriage? our children will never forgive us
Reply 472
Original post by lancesephyr
legalizing gay marriage? our children will never forgive us

Just like previous generations haven't been forgiven for legalising civil marriage.
Reply 473
Original post by mmmpie
Just like previous generations haven't been forgiven for legalising civil marriage.

eh? :confused:
Reply 474
Original post by ufo2012
eh? :confused:

My sentiment exactly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending