The Student Room Group

Post pictures of your dorm room!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XJofo
Ooh found it thankyou. :biggrin: That's a really nice room, are most rooms like that? And which building is it in? Think I'll have a better look around on an open day. :smile:

The rooms that are like that are in Butler, Tuke, Williamson, Gowar and Wedderburn, so quite a lot of rooms on campus. The refurbished Runnymede rooms are similar but with only a single bed. To be honest, the majority of rooms on campus here are above average in niceness. It's only really in Founder's that the quality of the rooms gets a little bit dubious, and even then, with a bit of luck you might get one of the nicer rooms.
Reply 1121
Original post by alphaeta08
x

That all sounds quite interesting! Although I think I prefer the university system here in the UK tbh! Much simpler :P

A few questions; what happens if someone doesn't get 'bid' on by anyone? where do they go? Or what if you don't want to be in one at all? And you said you don't move into the house until the second year, so where do you spend the first year?
This is my room in collegio at Universita di Urbino...

Yes, it is so small that I cannot fit the whole of my bed into any shot. BUT the big blue curtain opens up to reveal a door onto an outside balcony with a view of a stunning valley over the rest of the collegio. And it's only €210/month inclusive of everything but food. But it is scummy. So next time any of you lot in the UK feel sorry for yourselves over where you live in halls, I promise you it could be worse.
Original post by esachica
That all sounds quite interesting! Although I think I prefer the university system here in the UK tbh! Much simpler :P

A few questions; what happens if someone doesn't get 'bid' on by anyone? where do they go? Or what if you don't want to be in one at all? And you said you don't move into the house until the second year, so where do you spend the first year?

Oh, it's definitely not mandatory to be Greek! My school is only about 20% Greek, and that's considered a pretty big percentage. If you don't want to rush, you don't have to, you can stay in dorms or get an apartment or whatever you want. I you don't get a bid, you're just like everyone else who's not Greek, you can do your own thing. Our pledges don't move in until second year because they already signed contracts for their dorms and paid for it, plus we don't have room in the house until the Seniors graduate. So they stay where they are for the rest of the year and are welcome to visit us whenever they want. My real (biological) sister is in her first year right now and just joined my house; she usually spends Sunday nights on a couch here with other pledges just for fun!
Reply 1124
Did a search, but may have missed this... Any pics of Swansea Met accommodation? :smile:
Original post by JGR
My room is not all that big, and my camera is a bit crappy, so getting much of it in one shot is a bit tricky...

I put a few more things up, but there's still one picture with a frame I want to find a spot for.
Might have to invest in one of those adhesive or suction "removable" picture hooks (and pray it doesn't remove half the wall when I want to take it off :P).

I can't see the pic :frown: I'm curious to know what this 'amazing view' is like!
Original post by Bella Occhi
I can't see the pic :frown: I'm curious to know what this 'amazing view' is like!

Click the pictures :P
Original post by Javindo
Click the pictures :P

There are no pictures to click xD

My computer has for reasons known only to itself decided not to show me any Tinypic pictures. :shifty: But thanks anyway!
Reply 1130
Original post by cymraesfach
It's not Endcliffe, but here's my flat in Ranmoor, Sheffield Uni.

Room

En-Suite

can you get stuff under your bed or is it boarded?
Any pics of Bournemouth or Birmingham?
anybody got any pictures from either Edge Hill's Graduates Court
or the Bangor Uni's new build site halls?

Pleasee :smile:
Original post by llacerta
I don't think I've posted in here before...Ah well, if so.

Your room is really nice :smile:
Original post by rawrritsholli
Your room is really nice :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by aprilterri
can you get stuff under your bed or is it boarded?

The mattress lifts up so that you can put stuff underneath - I find it's a good place to put suitcases, the boxes in which I brought things so that I can take them home again easily, extra bed linen & towels and those huge bags of toilet roll (annoyingly, the en-suite shower room often gets a bit flooded from the shower).
Original post by LampetarianLost
Currently living on the Compton Park campus over at the University of Wolverhampton. Really exciting...

The fairy lights are a leftover from a previous Christmas, and this room didn't come with a desk light. They look terrible, but they stop me having to watch films in the dark.

Edit: A photo of my room in a photo of my room, oops...

Nice desktop dude. Seems like you have a hefty catalogue of DVDs' htere too, that an alienware computer btw?
Reply 1137
Original post by LampetarianLost

I have the same comp case :five:
Reply 1138
Original post by cymraesfach
The mattress lifts up so that you can put stuff underneath - I find it's a good place to put suitcases, the boxes in which I brought things so that I can take them home again easily, extra bed linen & towels and those huge bags of toilet roll (annoyingly, the en-suite shower room often gets a bit flooded from the shower).

Oh thanks. I guess it looks neater I was wondering where all my stuff would go for a minute there. Was Ranmoor your first choice? Sheffield is my insurance so I'm a bit worried that if I do end up in sheffield I'll be put in a non-university hall. How far are the halls from the university.
I decided to switch to an en-suite, because having my own bathroom was way too tempting. Here's some pictures from Constantine Court, here at Salford. The room chape makes it difficult to take pictures, hence the odd angles.

The en-suite is extremely difficult to take a good photo of, so here's a picture of the en-suite door:

Quick Reply