The Student Room Group

How to make your girlfriend obsessed with you

http://www.ehow.com/how_2265689_make-girl-become-obsessed-oneself.html

Girls, what do you make of that article?
I dont think it is right to try and make your girlfriend obsessed, but i think some pointers in that article are helpful. Such as the not texting back thing, ive used that before and it has helped. I generally end up being the one chasing, but when i apply some of these steps she regains interest and ends up texting me a lot more.

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds just like a childish teenagers opinions of how to treat relationships tbh
Reply 2
I read somewhere once, that the harder a posession or goal is to achieve, the more we will automatically want it, it is hardwired into our instinct.
Reply 3
Seems like unnecessary effort to me. :frown:
Reply 4
treat 'em mean keep 'em keen :wink:
This article would make you the biggest neurotic ******* boyfriend ever.
Reply 6
A tip from lella_m: don't play stupid games.
Reply 7
Original post by Buxtons
I read somewhere once, that the harder a posession or goal is to achieve, the more we will automatically want it, it is hardwired into our instinct.

Goes without saying tbh.
Look at any sport in the world.
Reply 8
If someone was that unpredictable and unreliable and kept playing hard to get, I wouldn't become obsessed, I'd get sick of them and just wouldn't bother. I'm too lazy to chase people.
Reply 9
Also, if she's the kind of girl to look through a notebook/textbook that you leave behind wondering if you've written anything about her, she's already pretty whipped.
Reply 10
Original post by *Lollo*
I've had guys do similar things to me. It comes across as a bit insecure on his part, as if he realizes he is not interesting enough to keep me keen the regular way, he has to play games to make me want him. Last time it happened, I just stopped contacting him. After a while he was back asking why I stopped talking to him, wanting to keep in touch. Needless to say, I just told him I wasn't interested in guys who behave like that. You need to show people that games like that don't work.

How did you know he was doing it intentionally?
Reply 11
I learnt an avoidant attachment style which impacts badly on my relationships. I am the type to ignore texts and to disappear to do "important, mysterious stuff". Women are always the ones chasing me.
Original post by Arekkusu
I learnt an avoidant attachment style which impacts badly on my relationships. I am the type to ignore texts and to disappear to do "important, mysterious stuff". Women are always the ones chasing me.

So, why do you do it?
Reply 13
Original post by Pink Bullets
So, why do you do it?

Psychologically, I have an avoidant attachment style: I am more comfortable with my feelings for someone when I am apart from them, and find it difficult expressing my emotions face-to-face. Believe me, I wish it was different, but when I find myself spending lots of time with a person, I just want to get away.

With girls I'm not with, if they text me, I often reply wittily and engage with them well. If there's already a status there as girlfriend or good friend, my brain just gets writer's block.
Reply 14
Manifest desirable qualities, but in an achingly aloof, insouciant and non-committal fashion specifically calibrated to drive them to distraction. Then, grow the **** up.
Reply 15
Original post by *Lollo*
Because he is actually always available, always online, and the first period we knew each other he was after me all the time. Then I started to be unavailable (not intentionally though, I had things on my mind), and after that, that's when he started. He also got huffy, easily mad and angry if I didn't contact him enough. He would wait a loong time to reply online, even though he was always "online" and when he replied he appeared "distant". Yet when we're together, he's all over me.

He obviously wasnt very subtle at doing it then tbh
Oh for God's sake, if the success of your relationship depends on these stupid childish mind games then it's not worth having anyway. If a girl is actually into you, you don't need to do bull**** like this.
Original post by Blueflare
Oh for God's sake, if the success of your relationship depends on these stupid childish mind games then it's not worth having anyway. If a girl is actually into you, you don't need to do bull**** like this.

This!
Reply 18
that's horrible. :frown:
but true about the obsessing thing if its a long while before you hear anything.
damn i wish i was a guy !
Reply 19
Original post by Arekkusu
Psychologically, I have an avoidant attachment style: I am more comfortable with my feelings for someone when I am apart from them, and find it difficult expressing my emotions face-to-face. Believe me, I wish it was different, but when I find myself spending lots of time with a person, I just want to get away.

With girls I'm not with, if they text me, I often reply wittily and engage with them well. If there's already a status there as girlfriend or good friend, my brain just gets writer's block.

Interesting... I'm very similar.

Quick Reply