The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Indian_Prince
oh god, do we have to hijack this thread to debate about this.... lol :tongue:

:lol: Lets just leave it at that.
Reply 81
Bit mean of the bus driver not to let her on at 3am, but hind sight is a wonderful thing. Really unfortunate situation :frown:

I just wonder what the bus driver & passengers will be thinking once they've heard about this, imagine the guilt!
Original post by green.tea
Sarcasm or not my answer was appropriate.

If you had known it was sarcastic then youd not have needed to have answered it, case closed.
How the hell can a Bus Fare be £5?!

nevertheless hope that guy rots in jail.
Why didn't she just take the bus and get a ticket for £4.80 and walk the rest of the way?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
The passengers and/or the driver are not the ones to blame, the rapist is the guilty party. However, I cant help but wonder how anyone could have sat there and watched the awkward moment where she begs to be let off the 20p... I would have just given her the 20p.
Our justice system really needs to be sorted out. An example should be made out of this guy. *******! hope he rots for the rest of his life.
Original post by Soph.Jade
Why didn't she just take the bus and get a ticket for £4.80 and walk the rest of the way?

From my knowledge of London buses, it's a single standard fare for the entirety of one journey, regardless of how long that journey is. It's the same fare for both a five-minute journey and a forty minute one on the same bus - I'm assuming this is why.

On topic, the rape occurring is not the bus drivers fault, nor is it the girls' fault. It is solely and exclusively the fault of the rapist. The girls' lack of money, passengers' apathy and bus drivers' lack of sympathy may have led to the situation in which the rapist and girl game into contact, but no-one sensible suggests that anyone aside from the rapist is at fault for a rape.
Original post by R£SP£CT
Our justice system really needs to be sorted out. An example should be made out of this guy. *******! hope he rots for the rest of his life.

Every day I wonder more and more why the term 'life sentence' isn't interpreted literally.
Original post by King-Panther
Regardless of knowing if she was going to be raped or not, I would still lend her the money. From now on, I will insha-allah lend it to anyone (male or female).

Mashallah Brother :cool:
Reply 90
Thats sad . At least justice is being served in court. As for the bus people, they dont have to do anything. Sooner or later they will know about it.
An awful crime, which sadly has been desensitised to most due to the influx of false rape claims. Let us hope that whoever caused this will rot. Sadly, they'll actually have a better time than most innocent people will ever have, which makes me question what the point is.

Original post by kopite493
stupid selfish southern bastards
this would never happen in the north

No, you're right.

If this WAS the north every girl under 16 would be pregnant and we would be propping them up. There'd at least be no fear of getting pregnant by being raped at least.
Original post by ras90
It is her fault aswell as the guy. She should have made sure she had the money and he obviously is mainly to blame. You cant blame the driver or passengers

I'm sure if a member of your family was the victim ou wouldn't say that now would you?!!!!!!! :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
For gods sake it was 20 freakin pence, people are so stingy...... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Reply 94
She offered to go to the cash point just across the road but the bus driver said he wouldn't wait, that's my gripe with him.
Reply 95
Can't believe some people said that she deserved it.
Reply 96
Original post by TheHansa
She offered to go to the cash point just across the road but the bus driver said he wouldn't wait, that's my gripe with him.

agreed. one bus I caught only accepted exact change, so the dropped me off by the corner shop so that i could get some change
I need to stop reading the news. There are so many horrible people in the world it's hard to accept it - it makes you scared of leaving the house sometimes.
Reply 98
Of course it's solely the fault of the rapist and in no way am I disputing that but also part of me thinks that the bus driver has some sort of moral responsibility because it's his responsibility to ensure that his passengers get to their destination safety. Technically this lady wasn't a passenger since she never actually bought a ticket but surely some sort of unwritten rule should be enforced in bus/train/ companies that if your potential passenger is short of change and is a vulnerable passenger in a vulnerable position you let them on.

In regards to the other passengers they obviously didn't want to get involved. Parents raise their kids to be non violent e.g not rapists/murderers etc and it's drilled into us from an early age that this is wrong. But what parents and the education system fail to teach us is that it is also wrong to act as a bystander who does nothing.

For example, my friend was walking home (she's 18) and witnessed a really violent attack (2 guys on 1) and there were people standing across the road who simply did nothing, just looked. It's pathetic when an 18 year old girl has to start yelling at the attackers and call the police when there are older males who just watch.

Also, my ex boyfriend was on a train when some passengers started being really racist to another passenger. He was 17 at the time and told them to stop which led to them being verbally aggressive to him. No one defended my ex or told the boys to stop.

Yes it's disgusting what the rapist did but it's also wrong to be a bystander. I'd have given the girl the money and told the bus driver what a wNker he was

Wtf, they should have lent her the 20p anyway, what is wrong with people? If you're so tight that you can't lend someone 20p at 3am when she's obviously made the right decision not to walk home, then you're a disgrace and while it's obviously not the passengers' fault that this sick **** raped her, it should prey on their consciences' i would imagine.

It's.... 20p FFS.

I'm honest to God sick of people like that; i hope they all lose their jobs and then are begging for 20p themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending