The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oscan
okay do you think its good enough for Glasgow to get an interview as they interview top 800 applicants just on ukcat score, but wont they think its bad i got 500 in vr? :L

I would say don't bother, it would be a very risky option with your UKCAT even though it is high. Your UKCAT would be good for Manchester and Nottingham though
For those who have done the UKCAT what rules did you find in the AR?
Did you get the odd/even number of shapes , number of right angles etc?
Can someone please list all the universities that consider/offer interviews based on UKCAT scores? :biggrin:
For those who have done the UKCAT did the DA use letters and numbers or other symbols?
Original post by medicdreamer
For those who have done the UKCAT what rules did you find in the AR?
Did you get the odd/even number of shapes , number of right angles etc?

Mine focused mainly on sides, and intersections. Can't actually tell you what came up though
Original post by IBiskillingme
Can someone please list all the universities that consider/offer interviews based on UKCAT scores? :biggrin:

Soton and Glasgow are the only ones afaik

Original post by medicdreamer
For those who have done the UKCAT did the DA use letters and numbers or other symbols?

Mine were all letters and numbers. I didn't get any symbols.
Done my test today, fairly average.

VR- 570
QR- 590
AR- 590
DA- 770

I found the new VR format pretty tricky, also QR simply not enough time. Some of the AR patterns where also hard to spot!
Hey peeps, just sat the UKCAT

VR - 570 (oops!)
QR - 710
AR - 900!!
DA - 750

Total - 2930
Average - 732.5

Pretty happy :smile: Slightly annoyed with VR but it seems to be similar for everyone this year :smile:

Any idea if the VR score will cause issues at any unis?
How does one go about calculating a score from the official mocks on the website.

I got
VR: 36/44
QR: 16/36 (lol)
AR: 37/55
DA: 23/28
SJT: 35/36

Does anyone know roughly what thatd give me?
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I would say don't bother, it would be a very risky option with your UKCAT even though it is high. Your UKCAT would be good for Manchester and Nottingham though

Hello. Why is Glasgow a very risky option for him? Do you know the cut off score for 2013 entry? Thanks.
Reply 4349
Original post by RadioheadAnton
How does one go about calculating a score from the official mocks on the website.

I got
VR: 36/44
QR: 16/36 (lol)
AR: 37/55
DA: 23/28
SJT: 35/36

Does anyone know roughly what thatd give me?

Get the percentages from each section then * 600 and then add 300. For example VR 36/44 = 81.8% (or 82% lets say) x 600 + 300 = 792 approx. but this is a raw mark score whereas the UKCAT on the day is scored differently relative to the cohort who sat it in 2006.
Original post by Temmystical
Hello. Why is Glasgow a very risky option for him? Do you know the cut off score for 2013 entry? Thanks.

They don't have a UKCAT cutoff, but if they do interview top 800 UKCAT scores, 705 would be a borderline score I'd imagine, since people who apply to their strengths with high UKCAT would be more likely to get interviews. I would personally play it a bit safer, but if you want to go for Glasgow, by all means go for it
Ah okay! Thanks Thats great! Was a bit confused when it came out with how many i got wrong rather than a score when I'd seen everyone else posting mock scores!
Reply 4352
So how have ppl prepared for the new VR questions~? Seems to be coming a lot.
Reply 4353
ukcat 3000.jpg

The answer is Second Thursday.. Clearly not, I don't understand.
Reply 4354
Original post by BossmanYabz
For those who have sat the UKCAT, what would you say are the best materials to prepare from?

600q book - although the QR in this book is waaay harder than the real test.
Kaplan Sore Higher Book - I thought this book was really good for AR and all else.
Reply 4355
Could anyone please help me with decision analysis! I am so confused what commas and parenthesis mean in a code, or letters joined together. Its annoying the hell out of me :frown:

Also are there any common indicators that appear always, things like "opposite" or "plural" or something?
Original post by SiMan
ukcat 3000.jpg

The answer is Second Thursday.. Clearly not, I don't understand.

The bars aren't stacked, so you can't just look at which is the third tallest bar.
Reply 4357
Original post by Herisson
The bars aren't stacked, so you can't just look at which is the third tallest bar.

Yh which seems to me is either 2nd Mon or 2nd Tue. :s-smilie:
Can someone please tell me why the percentage difference is divided by the new number, considering %difference = New value - old value / old value x 100. Here is the question:

The median annual salary of males who are Oracle professionals is approximately what percent greater than that of females of the same occupation?

Males = 9054
Females = 7761

Difference = 9054- 7761 = 1293. They divided by 7761. Isn't the difference supposed to be divided by 9054? :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mynameisntbobk
They don't have a UKCAT cutoff, but if they do interview top 800 UKCAT scores, 705 would be a borderline score I'd imagine, since people who apply to their strengths with high UKCAT would be more likely to get interviews. I would personally play it a bit safer, but if you want to go for Glasgow, by all means go for it

Sorry that I am asking too many questions. If they select the top 500-550 (they reduced it last year) UKCAT scores for interview, it means there had to be a cut - off score for last year, no?

What score do you think is good for Glasgow for a Rest of UK applicant?

Latest

Trending

Trending