The Student Room Group

What's the stupidest policy in your school?

Feel free to say more than one if you're really:angry::angry:

My school is alright but the haircut policy is pathetic- no skinheads/low cut and you're not allowed to slit your eyebrows :confused: and they somehow managed to back up their policy... not sure how our education will be affected by this?
My mate at another school has it worse though.:s-smilie:

So what policy in your school just makes you go... wtf

PS: In my school, I think the boys are discriminated more than the girls:rolleyes:

EDIT: after hearing some of your school policies, i have to say, I LOVE my school.
EDIT 2: why the negg? i thought we could share a laugh of our pointless school policies.
EDIT 3: also, i remember back in year 7-9, whenever i had textiles, the teacher will take a picture of us and put it on the wall if we were caught chewing gum.... no joke.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No pokemon.
Reply 2
Clip on ties...
Reply 3
we weren't allowed to carry bags around because of 'overcrowding' and we weren't allowed to wear our blazers in lessons, but the blazers were compulsory to buy and cost like £120 quid :/.
Reply 4
Original post by Low Profile
No pokemon.

We're also not allowed any card games :mad:
Reply 5
Insisting that superlatives are phrased correctly.
It's not really a policy, but the internet filter bans the word "fun". Lol

EDIT: Ive gone to college now, and the most ridiculous thing I can think of is that we aren't allowed to hand it homework sheets with writing on them, they have to be written on separate paper. One girl sat next to me couldn't hand in her homework because it didn't comply with this "Science and maths faculty minimum expectation" of which we had never heard before that day! :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
They used to have a policy at mine where you had to stand up whenever a teacher walked in, and then sit down when they said.
Reply 8
Original post by ap3456

Got there right before me!
Reply 9
Original post by tigger034
we weren't allowed to carry bags around because of 'overcrowding' and we weren't allowed to wear our blazers in lessons, but the blazers were compulsory to buy and cost like £120 quid :/.

WTF?! i feel for you
Original post by AspiringGenius
It's not really a policy, but the internet filter bans the word "fun". Lol

mine once blocked youtube.com!
I've left now but, compulsary mass, below sixth form all scarves had to bear the school emblem, a timetable which said what time different years groups were allowed on the canteen, I'm really not sure.
The weird thing about my school is that there are literally no rules with appearance
you can wear whatever the hell you want (no school uniform) and look like how you want.. which is a good thing i guess
Original post by Stephens
They used to have a policy at mine where you had to stand up whenever a teacher walked in, and then sit down when they said.

haha my school does this but im in sixth form so we don't have to do this.
it shows respect but tbh, when a unknown low rank member of a staff walks in, no one bothers to even move a muscle
Reply 14
Having to wear the jumper under your blazer in summer unless you bought the school's polo shirt for £25 each (you'd need at least 2 or 3)
If you wear a jumper, you had to wear a blazer, and if in the summer (might not be hot) you want to take off your tie, you also have to take off the jumper and blazer
(Obvs no-one apart from the deputy head was mad enough to enforce this)

Oh and only black or school scarves allowed, never heard such bollox in my life - I don't even own a black scarf! I made an effort to wear a bright pink one. Meanwhile, they turned a blind eye to the complete LACK of skirts. Not even kidding, one year 8 girl's blazer was LOWER than her skirt.

Also, the library was called the "learning centre". Wtf. Though after reading this thread, our school seemed quite liberal, despite trying to be "traditional". We were allowed any hairstyles, makeup and loiter anywhere we wanted/hug. Thank god!
6th form frees resulted in
a few times.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
My secondary school blocked almost every website, once I googled 'chocolate' for a science project and it was blocked.

Also at my college they wouldn't let you wear hats, claiming people might steal a computer, surely it'd be easier to catch them if they're the only one on the cctv wearing a hat...
Original post by ap3456

forgive me:colondollar:
ooo btw, TSR is blocked in my school's network :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by The Polar Dude
haha my school does this but im in sixth form so we don't have to do this.
it shows respect but tbh, when a unknown low rank member of a staff walks in, no one bothers to even move a muscle

Yeah pretty much lol, it didn't exactly last because of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending