The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham trent uni halls

Hey guys :smile:

I got an unconditional offer to study at NTU today :biggrin: so chuffed but I'm wondering where to live. Defo wanna live in halls at city campus but I'm wondering which you lot think are the best if you live there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in the same position as you, apart from my offer is Conditional. I want to live on the city campus , as i'm doing Law. I heard Gill street is quite nice , but expensive though?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah I am also doing Law so want to be on city campus! But can't decide between sandby hall and gill street? :biggrin:
xxxxx
Reply 3
When I went to the open day in October Gill Street halls were amazing! I think I'm going to apply there, I wasn't impressed with Hampden at all! Hope I don't end up there x
I've got a conditional offer for Psychology at Nott Trent, I was thinking about Sandby! It looks ok, what does everyone else think?
Reply 5
Original post by Leonie_Kavanagh
I've got a conditional offer for Psychology at Nott Trent, I was thinking about Sandby! It looks ok, what does everyone else think?

I think it looks nice in the brochure but some of the rooms will be noisy cuz I think they're working on them. I really cant wait for october to come :biggrin:
Original post by Vivskii
I think it looks nice in the brochure but some of the rooms will be noisy cuz I think they're working on them. I really cant wait for october to come :biggrin:

That's what I was thinking, have you decided which one to pick then? I can't wait either! I'm so excited xD Just really want to get away from Liverpool haha.
I lived in Hampden Halls, shared facilities but it's not bad. 6 bedrooms flats, with a bathroom/shower cubicle for every 2 people, so it's not bad. Next to Sandby and Gill Street, so location is ideal.
Original post by thecrimsonidol
I lived in Hampden Halls, shared facilities but it's not bad. 6 bedrooms flats, with a bathroom/shower cubicle for every 2 people, so it's not bad. Next to Sandby and Gill Street, so location is ideal.

I agree, yeah it may look like a derelict council area, but at least its somewhere to live and I'm not that rich! Snobs :/
Reply 9
I'd choose Gill Street if I was just going into first year.
Hampden are fairly run down and I always thought Sandby was like being on a boat.

You've also got privately owned halls in the City Centre as well, if you aren't successful in getting into the Uni halls.
Trinity Square, iQ, Glasshouse, Victoria halls and Goldsmith Court are always full of Trent students :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Leonie_Kavanagh
That's what I was thinking, have you decided which one to pick then? I can't wait either! I'm so excited xD Just really want to get away from Liverpool haha.

Im deciding between Gill Street and Glasshouse, its stressin me out lool. Wbu?x
Original post by Vivskii
Im deciding between Gill Street and Glasshouse, its stressin me out lool. Wbu?x

It's stressful! Sandby or Simpsons I think :smile:
Reply 12
Don't live in Sandby or hampden. Glasshouse, iQ, trinity are nice private halls, or if you want uni accomodation Gill would be your best bet
Reply 13
Original post by Sphipsta
Don't live in Sandby or hampden. Glasshouse, iQ, trinity are nice private halls, or if you want uni accomodation Gill would be your best bet

Whats wrong with sandby?

What's wrong with Sandby D: That's where I've been looking at the most :/
Reply 15
My mate lives in Sandby, all i can say is there so much better available, i would rather live further out and have to walk in for nicer halls, granted Sandby has an ok social life, it had a water fight during freshers but, its not a nice halls, look at gill if you want to be on city
Reply 16
I'm in block C Gill street xxx
Reply 17
Hey ! I'm in Sandby Floor 2.. I'm sure it'll be cool, apparently Gill Street is full of .. well..

Jus' sayin
Reply 18
My mate lives in Sandby, all i can say is there so much better available, i would rather live further out and have to walk in for nicer halls, granted Sandby has an ok social life, it had a water fight during freshers but, its not a nice halls, look at gill if you want to be on city

*HAMPDEN had a water fight. SANDBY hid in their corridoors.

Hampden are hands down the most fun halls, if you want lots of friends... STAY THERE.
Reply 19
Anyone in Gill Street Block D 2nd Floor? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest