The Student Room Group

Rank Your GCSES in order of Enjoyability

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cyfer
You seem to have overdone it by a wide margin for geography.

Anyway, Congrats on the result

Although I do really dislike the subject :tongue:
Reply 41
1)Electronics
2)Maths
3/4)English lang/ lit
5)Music
6)Physics
7)Chemistry
8)Chinese
9)Biology
10)Geography
11)Art
Reply 42
1. History
2. Biology
3. Chemistry
4. Physics
5. ICT
6. French
7. English Lang
8. RE
9. Food Tech
10-12. Geography
10-12. English Lit
10-12. Maths

After French it was so hard to rank as they all drag so much through the day, even French is bad enough!
I did mine last year but my order is pretty simple
1.Maths(no work)
2.Physics(no work)
3.Geography (cracking teacher and no work)
4.English (cracking teacher)
5.Chemistry (No work)
6.French(No work)
7.History(Interesting but i had the dullest teacher on earth)
8.Biology(Had to work)
9.ICT (No work but it was the biggest waste of two years)
Btw i got 5A*s and 4 As so the no work ones are up there because i didn't fail them :P
Reply 44
In order:

1) Graphics - easy, my teacher let us have a party every week (no kidding - he'd bring in food and we'd bring in the music), we got to mess around, etc.
2) English Language and Literature - no work, messed around, etc.
3) Art - a lot of work but I loved the subject. Plus, the trip abroad was amazing.
4) French - messed around, and I love French.
5) R.S - again, messed around. Our teacher suddenly became really friendly to us in Year 11, so that was nice, too.
6) Geography - fun at first but became increasingly boring with every module. Our year was the first to have Controlled Assessment instead of the usual coursework, and that was absolutely horrific.
7) Biology/Chemistry/Physics - I hated my class and the subject, but my teacher was hardly ever there, so...
8) Maths - Boo hiss boo.

So I've laid it out in a slightly different way to the OP, but you get the general idea :smile:
Reply 45
Most enjoyable :smile::smile::smile:
1. Maths
2. Chemistry-too good to be true-that's why at A-level chemistry you're told GCSE chemistry is a lie:smile: )
3. Business (Physics + Business hard to chose from)
4. Physics (Physics + Business hard to chose from)
5. Biology
6. DiDA (boring annotations and same old office work makes you die)
7. Media Studies (absolutely bad teacher :angry: ,making me fail for english as well as for media)
8. English lang +lit(same **** teacher as for Media :mad:)
9. RE (too boring for me)

By the way, I do double science, not triple. But making chem be equal to bio and physics would be totally wrong as it's better.
Reply 46
1. RE - Love it and im good at it
2. ENGLISH - same as no.1
3. ICT - very easy
4. ART - don't enjoy it much really
Reply 47
1. Maths
2. Physics
3. Chemistry
4. Biology
5. DT
6. History
7. English Literature
8. RE
9. English Language

Won't count ICT as it's 100% coursework based OCR national. -.- Pretty boring but a good free period.
Reply 48
Original post by matty123
Although I do really dislike the subject :tongue:

so did i.
Maths (3)
English LANG(5)
Chemistry(3)
History(4)
Spanish (1)
IT(2)
R.E. (6)

I do enjoy all most times anyway my order is messed up.
Can't be bothered to rate them all out of 5 individually, that would require more brain efforts than I can be bothered to use. Instead, I will blindly place them in order from Most Enjoyable to Least Enjoyable :colone:

1. Chemistry
2. Biology
3. Physics
4. Maths
5. History
6. French
7. Geography
8. English Literature
9. English Language

Interestingly, I get much better marks in English Language than I do Lit, but that's because I'm apparently better at the art of BS than I am at critically analysing Shakespearean texts :colone:
Reply 51
1. Chemistry
2. History
3. English
4. Maths
5. Physics
6. French & Spanish
8. Biology
9. Geography

oh how I hated my geography teacher....
Reply 52
1 Media
2 Biology
3 Business
4 French
5 RS
6 English lit
7 Physics
8 Chemistry :mad:

I've finished Maths,ICT &English language (i did like all of them though!)
1.Maths
2.Double ICT
3.Double Business
4.Geography
5.Double PE
6.RE
7.Double Science
8.English Literature
9.English Language
10.German
11.French
Doing Film Studies in Year 11.
Original post by Whangdoodle
Can't be bothered to rate them all out of 5 individually, that would require more brain efforts than I can be bothered to use. Instead, I will blindly place them in order from Most Enjoyable to Least Enjoyable :colone:

1. Chemistry
2. Biology
3. Physics
4. Maths
5. History
6. French
7. Geography
8. English Literature
9. English Language

Interestingly, I get much better marks in English Language than I do Lit, but that's because I'm apparently better at the art of BS than I am at critically analysing Shakespearean texts :colone:

What is the art of BS?
Reply 55
My favourite subjects are Maths and Science and least favourite Photography and English Language.
Original post by Memphis93
My favourite subjects are Maths and Science and least favourite Photography and English Language.

I never knew you could study Photography for GCSE?What on Earth do you in the course?-It sounds such a strange subject.
Reply 57
Original post by Dalek1099
I never knew you could study Photography for GCSE?What on Earth do you in the course?-It sounds such a strange subject.

It indeed is a strange subject and possibly the biggest mistake I've made in my life. You practically come to lessons, take pictures, cut them out and stick them in your sketchbook and you are also required to make really concise annotations I wasn't quite capable of. I managed a C in the end thankfully, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made that grade If I hadn't stayed up 7 nights in the row doing coursework. Too much effort and there were people in my class who were completely devoted to the subject and still came out with ridiculously low grades.
1. History
2. Art
3. English
4. Maths
5. Graphics
6.RE
7. Physics
8. Film Studies
9. Biology
10. PE
11. Chemistry

If you can't tell, I despise Chemistry; especially since it's under P.e and that's never happened:wink:
1. Maths
2. Chemistry = Music = Latin
3. Biology (close to second)
4. Spanish
5. Geography
6. Physics
7. English Lit.
8. English Lang.

Quick Reply

Latest