The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yellow-nutshell
Sunburnt?! It's like winter here. No running for me :colondollar:

It's worse than winter, more rain! :'(
Original post by mrshinyshoes
It's worse than winter, more rain! :'(

My friend went for a run and got caught in the hail and rain. I'm learning from her mistakes. Gives me an excuse to stay in the warm! :tongue:
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
My friend went for a run and got caught in the hail and rain. I'm learning from her mistakes. Gives me an excuse to stay in the warm! :tongue:

Haha awhhh exactly! Go make her a hot chocolate though :tongue:
Gonna try and jog at least 3 times a week now. Therapist suggested it, as well as some handy tips. I feel like I'm slowly improving, and hopefully going to the gym helps too. :smile:
Reply 4384
Original post by alexlduffy
Gonna try and jog at least 3 times a week now. Therapist suggested it, as well as some handy tips. I feel like I'm slowly improving, and hopefully going to the gym helps too. :smile:

Go for it mate! :biggrin:

You'd be :cool: soon.

:biggrin:
Original post by kka25
Go for it mate! :biggrin:

You'd be :cool: soon.

It's currently raining heavily and hailstoning here D:

It's getting brighter, but I dunno if I'll go out or not because the weather's been incredibly on/off today.
Reply 4386
Do you guys run continuously for more then an hour? :eek:

Won't you be so soak in your own sweat? :eek4:
Reply 4387
It's currently raining heavily and hailstoning here D:

It's getting brighter, but I dunno if I'll go out or not because the weather's been incredibly on/off today.

Yeah. Same here. Whenever it rains, my face would be this :sad:

But when the sun comes out, I'd be: :woo:

Original post by kka25
Yeah. Same here. Whenever it rains, my face would be this :sad:

But when the sun comes out, I'd be: :woo:

That's definitely me when the sun's out :biggrin: I go crazy when the sun's out and try to find any opportunity to go out. It was sunny the other day in work so I was like "Popping out to get some drinks". Nice to enjoy the sun xD

I'm gonna love jogging in the sun, especially if I use one of my local fields to jog around in. Hopefully if the weather turns nice and stays nice, I'll see my jogging records (which I haven't measured yet and will do soon) improve after at least a month!
Reply 4389
That's definitely me when the sun's out :biggrin: I go crazy when the sun's out and try to find any opportunity to go out. It was sunny the other day in work so I was like "Popping out to get some drinks". Nice to enjoy the sun xD

I'm gonna love jogging in the sun, especially if I use one of my local fields to jog around in. Hopefully if the weather turns nice and stays nice, I'll see my jogging records (which I haven't measured yet and will do soon) improve after at least a month!

Same here same here :biggrin: :biggrin:

Your legs would be muscly after this; just and wait and see! Everyone would be :sexface: after that :biggrin:
Original post by kka25
Same here same here :biggrin: :biggrin:

Your legs would be muscly after this; just and wait and see! Everyone would be :sexface: after that :biggrin:

I'll be standing like this permanently.

angelina-jolie-leg-meme.jpg

Except, you know, without the dress.
Reply 4391
I'll be standing like this permanently.

angelina-jolie-leg-meme.jpg

Except, you know, without the dress.

:lol:

Plus without that red lipstick that might make you look like a whore :tongue:

*kidding :wink:
Original post by kka25
:lol:

Plus without that red lipstick that might make you look like a whore :tongue:

*kidding :wink:

But I like the red lipstick, it really makes my lips look nice ;-;

Just kidding! But yeah, hopefully my jogging distances and stamina will improve! Just gotta keep on going for it!
Original post by kka25
Do you guys run continuously for more then an hour? :eek:

Won't you be so soak in your own sweat? :eek4:

Yes I do. I come to the gym dry and aim to be soaking in my own sweat by the time I finish. I come to the gym to work out and sweat like mad at the end of it (by the time I finish I look like someone who just came out of the shower :colondollar:). That's how you know you've had a good workout lol.

Funny thing is as well is that I remember when I did my first outside run in Jan (in which I ran for about 62min) it was cold, windy and wet and my hands were freezing when I was done. Got home took my running jacket off and realised that I was sweating like mad even though I was freezing
Reply 4395
Original post by Chrisateen
Yes I do. I come to the gym dry and aim to be soaking in my own sweat by the time I finish. I come to the gym to work out and sweat like mad at the end of it (by the time I finish I look like someone who just came out of the shower :colondollar:). That's how you know you've had a good workout lol.

Funny thing is as well is that I remember when I did my first outside run in Jan (in which I ran for about 62min) it was cold, windy and wet and my hands were freezing when I was done. Got home took my running jacket off and realised that I was sweating like mad even though I was freezing

Owh, I know what you mean; it shows that I've done a good job if I'm soaking wet from top to bottom, but the thing is, after a 30min run, I need to stop for awhile and let the wind dry me up a bit because once I reached the 40-50min mark, I'd be too heavy to run because of the sweat! :eek: So in order to do a 60min run, I need to split it into 30-30min run.

Any ideas how to combat this? =/

Also, once I soaked in my own sweat after a good run, I noticed some people in the park would be staring at me like this :eek:, some would be :wink:, some would be :colone:, some would be :K:, some would be :listen:, etc.
And I'd be :colonhash:

People.. :rolleyes:

Well in my experience the Mizuno ones feel very very different to anything else. The ones I've tried are all built up on the ball and not on the toes (that doesn't even make sense but the padding is different somehow) to force you to forefront strike. Which is a good thing, but will feel very weird if you're not used to it. Are you just linking Amazon for the pics or are you planning to buy shoes you haven't actually tried on?
Original post by Chrisateen
Yes I do. I come to the gym dry and aim to be soaking in my own sweat by the time I finish.

Sounds like all of the nightclubs around here.

Original post by kka25
Owh, I know what you mean; it shows that I've done a good job if I'm soaking wet from top to bottom, but the thing is, after a 30min run, I need to stop for awhile and let the wind dry me up a bit because once I reached the 40-50min mark, I'd be too heavy to run because of the sweat! :eek: So in order to do a 60min run, I need to split it into 30-30min run.

Also, once I soaked in my own sweat after a good run, I noticed some people in the park would be staring at me like this :eek:, some would be :wink:, some would be :colone:, some would be :K:, some would be :listen:, etc.

'Too heavy' lol - maybe you should not wear that wool fleece then :wink: But no seriously - your clothing must be too thick if its actually becoming heavy with sweat!

And i think all those people are like :eek: because they are so impressed by how fast you are going :biggrin:
Reply 4398
Original post by nexttime

'Too heavy' lol - maybe you should not wear that wool fleece then :wink: But no seriously - your clothing must be too thick if its actually becoming heavy with sweat!

lol. I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts .

Any suggestion to improve my sports attire is very welcome :smile:

And i think all those people are like :eek: because they are so impressed by how fast you are going :biggrin:

:colondollar:

I think the only thing that they are looking at me these days is my 4kg wrist weights (this). When I wear the weights whilst out for a run, I'd get this sort of look: :eek: or :K:, but I think mainly :listen: from couples, gandmas, granddads, small kids, teenagers and adults that don't know what those things are for lol.

And I'd be :colonhash: most of the time if too much staring is taking place lol.

I do noticed though, my speed has been lowered since I wear the weights. Should I be worried?
Original post by kka25

Original post by nexttime
Sounds like all of the nightclubs around here.

:ditto: I usually wear nike dry fit tops and running tights which helps a bit and usually wear sleeveless tops. Only suggestion is to find clothing that absorbs sweat a lot better (A running t-shirt perhaps??)

Latest