The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by JClive
If you are a keen film fan and watch a lot of films it is not too hard to see 1300 films, I have seen just over 1100.

i have i think 700-800 ratings on IMDB.

yes i have seen probably quite a few more films than that. but who remembers a movie you saw at night 4 years ago?

its not like i rush to imdb after every film i see on tv. just once i purposely watch, not ah its on tv lets watch it ones.

855 ratings minus say 25 series makes 830 movies rated on there. i think that should be enough for me to be a regular voter.
(edited 12 years ago)
17/250 :frown:

IMO Armageddon, Titanic and The Devil's Advocate should all be in the Top 250!
Need to update mine, I've seen 72/250 now. Still a long way to go! That isn't including ones that I've just seen bits of though.
Reply 543
39/250. Not a lot, but there are many good films not on the list.

I can't even estimate how many films I have watched in my lifetime, but I have watched a lot, over a thousand maybe ... I guess I just watched a lot of **** ones -.-
(edited 12 years ago)
Little Update

I wonder if an icheckmovies.com thread would work. Perhaps a thread devoted to the '1001 Films to See Before You Die' list?
Reply 547
Well iCheckMovies already has a forum so I use that.
Lots.

140-150.

But I haven't watched many of the pre 80s movies.
Original post by philistine

I refuse to see the rest on the list. I can say with a decided confidence that my viewing experience won't change from seeing Ratatouille, The Princess Bride or Three Idiots.

I started following the official? list on icheckmovies.com; the IMDb Top 100. I've seen about 400 from there, and it's definitely a lifetime achievement kinda thing.

Watch Ratatouille and Three Idiots.
Original post by tehforum

lol
Reply 551
Original post by tehforum

Ratatouille only if he/she likes animated films. It was on of the few animated films I didn't hate. The only one I like that I remember right now is Ice Age. But the latter ones are worse than the first even.

Three Idiots is brilliant, so should watch it to get to 230!!!!!
lol

tl;dr

Give a proper response as to why you find my suggestions laughable.

Wow I've seen hardly any of these.
Reply 554
I wonder if an icheckmovies.com thread would work. Perhaps a thread devoted to the '1001 Films to See Before You Die' list?

i've got 349, though i've stopped using lovefilm when i started uni and so i watch less mainstream stuff now than i used to. i want to get over half on it one day, but not as a conscious project, just as a by-product of my cinematic exploration.
that said, i haven't seen 3 idiots, but dismissing bollywood is terribly (too) easy, in my experience. and pixar are great, don't know why you're snobbing out there. and of course idi i smotri is just about the best war film ever made. high and low and anatomy of a murder are also really great. so you still have some progress to make in the imdb list without degrading yourself or whatever
Original post by MrCarmady
i've got 349, though i've stopped using lovefilm when i started uni and so i watch less mainstream stuff now than i used to. i want to get over half on it one day, but not as a conscious project, just as a by-product of my cinematic exploration.
that said, i haven't seen 3 idiots, but dismissing bollywood is terribly (too) easy, in my experience. and pixar are great, don't know why you're snobbing out there. and of course idi i smotri is just about the best war film ever made. high and low and anatomy of a murder are also really great. so you still have some progress to make in the imdb list without degrading yourself or whatever

I have a somewhat similar approach. I'd like to get through the list, though would not go through any serious trouble to do so.

Since I started using icheckmovies.com, I've abandoned 250films altogether. I think my number on the former is 238 now. Nevertheless, I still have yet to see Three Idiots, The Princess Bride and Rattatouille. :biggrin:

The reason I haven't watched the latter of those films is simply due to the fact that I can't stand Pixar or their facsimile. I absolutely detest a large amount of animation now; much of it, sad to say, as I used to be a huge fan, is throwaway folderol, or as someone once referred to them all, 'post-millennium cock-cud'.

High and Low is perhaps my favourite Kurosawa film; oddly enough, I have a greater enthusiasm for his noir films than I did his trademark samurai work.
Reply 556
so you don't like pixar because they're trivial and derivative? derivative of what? trivial how?
Original post by MrCarmady
so you don't like pixar because they're trivial and derivative? derivative of what? trivial how?

I don't like them, and that is the end of that. I shouldn't have to justify myself on a student forum.
I don't want to debate my points of view on a forum! That's not what forum means at all!
Reply 559
Original post by Phalanges
I don't want to debate my points of view on a forum! That's not what forum means at all!

especially not a student forum! man, those students all have juvenile tastes anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending