The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Put the rubbish bags outside her room until she gets the message.
Reply 81
Original post by Chicharito14
Just be blunt about it, i would.

Tell her to take the rubbish out, mention the fact that it is unhygienic to leave the rubbish in the bin for over a week (in the kitchen especially), not to mention the maggot issue.

This. When you speak to her and push it you might find out she has some reason in her head she hasn't told you, like "you never do x chore", but rather than asking you to do it she's been childish and done this instead. The problem is if you do it for her shell never stop. But then again it isn't that long before you won't be living together. I empathise with you, I also hate confrontation so avoid it at all costs most of the time, but look at it as a chance to develop your skills for future use!

xxx
:lolwut:
Reply 83
Because, as mentioned, it can attract rats and mice which is both a health hazard and can cause damage to the house.

Would you be happy with maggots in your kitchen?
women :rolleyes:
Reply 85
If she has her own cupboard in the kitchen, put her rubbish bag from her room in there.
She'll learn.
Original post by WelshBluebird
I am amazed that people are defending someone who will not take out their own rubbish.
What the hell as society come to when people who are that lazy and that disgusting are seemingly in the right in the eyes of some people?

So many people seem to think they are being clean in different ways, and are arguing with any other ways of being clean. It's rather amusing really.
Reply 87
Humour doesn't come across well on an Internet forum.

But my post was more in reply to "seriously, it's only a bin" rather than maggots being God's creatures. I don't think the bin part was a joke....there doesn't appear to be a punchline.
I don't get why people are such dirty, lazy idiots expecting everyone to clean up after them like their mother. This is what happens when parents never teach their children to take responsibility of their own mess, they grow up thinking its ok to do so. This is why I don't think I could ever share a flat with anyone, nasty sods!

OP as your moving out in a few months just put up with it until then.
I have a phobia of bins but if it is my mess, I will clear it. You have to confront her or kick her ass!
Reply 90
i know how tht feels, it happens here too
Reply 91
I can empathise with her. It can get tiresome if you're the only person doing housework.

It's more than "just a bin", it can cause problems which are not just unpleasent to sort out, but can prove to be costly (and lead to the OP being considerably out of pocket).
Reply 92
Tell her to stop being such a ****ing lazy drama queen and take the bin out or it's going over her head.
Reply 93
Just move things out of your way. If she leaves her dishes in the sink just tip them into a plastic bag and stick them in her cupboard or by her door.

Don't clean them for her, just do whatever the minimum is to get them out of your way.

If she leaves food waste lying around, move it to outside her room.

I think this is a fair approach. If she STILL doesn't want to clean up, then at least the only person who'll suffer because of her mess is herself. Everyone's happy :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by TurboCretin
If you're in halls, you could talk to the warden or someone else with authority, because it is a sanitation issue. Otherwise, you will have to just deal with it, not live with her again and warn others to do the same.

Don't advise her to talk to the warden...
Sort the problem out for yourself, be confrontational. If she still refuses leave the dustbins outside of her bedroom door.

:mob:
Original post by Cypriots
Don't advise her to talk to the warden...
Sort the problem out for yourself, be confrontational. If she still refuses leave the dustbins outside of her bedroom door.

:mob:

Great advice. Suppose the housemate then goes to the warden about OP's confrontational, health-risk-creating behaviour?
Reply 96
Original post by TurboCretin
Great advice. Suppose the housemate then goes to the warden about OP's confrontational, health-risk-creating behaviour?

Ooooooo Warden.. bad times.
Its only a warden. Health-Risking behaviour.. she should take the bins out then.
Reply 97
If she likes facebook, take photos of her mess, put them on FB and tag her.
Original post by Cypriots
Ooooooo Warden.. bad times.
Its only a warden. Health-Risking behaviour.. she should take the bins out then.

Yeah, it's only a warden. But advising someone to ignore the obvious framework in place to deal with this sort of thing and encouraging them instead to engage in personal conflict, thereby potentially falling foul of that framework herself as well as inflaming the situation in the flat, is just irresponsible and myopic. Sorry.
Reply 99
Take your flatmate out and find yourself another flatmate.

Latest

Trending

Trending