The Student Room Group

IMDB Top 250 films leaderboard - how many have you watched?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by The Banker
Huge MMA fan and I thought Warrior was tripe. I was so disappointed with it. Couldn't connect with any of the characters, the actor playing his brother was a poor choice, unrealistic fight scenes and a bad ending. I expected so much and it delivered nothing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Then stick to watching MMA...

Seriously when has a sports film ever lived up to expectations about the sport. I really loved The Blind Side, but that wasn't really about football was it?

Spoiler

Added your entries and updated the entire leaderboard. :h:

Original post by Colbert
I was almost able to pull myself off the bottom of the list but The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has not been added to this list despite having a score of 8.1 on IMDB which is enough to get it on there :emo:

I bring good news... you're no longer bottom. :pierre:Dalek1099 has taken your crown.
Reply 582
Didn't realise we needed to use the green image to get on the leaderboard.

Here is mine:

Please add me!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

Added your entries and updated the entire leaderboard. :h:

I bring good news... you're no longer bottom. :pierre:Dalek1099 has taken your crown.

I quite enjoyed being the least cultured person on TSR :sigh:
Original post by philistine
I believe it's only the votes from regular voters that count.

I've seen films which have high eight scores before, yet because the votes are only in the triple figures, they're non-existent to the eyes of many.

So is that why some of the ratings are slightly different when you go on the individual pages? I always thought it was because it wasn't updated or something.

And how many votes is regular? I've done 297, maybe 298 now, check ins and same ratings. Surely that's regular?
Original post by The Banker
Huge MMA fan and I thought Warrior was tripe. I was so disappointed with it. Couldn't connect with any of the characters, the actor playing his brother was a poor choice, unrealistic fight scenes and a bad ending. I expected so much and it delivered nothing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

But that one hit take out first round was awesome!

Ending was kind of bad, yeah.
Reply 586
Original post by MrBlueMo0n
So is that why some of the ratings are slightly different when you go on the individual pages? I always thought it was because it wasn't updated or something.

And how many votes is regular? I've done 297, maybe 298 now, check ins and same ratings. Surely that's regular?

I posted a while back that you need around 1300 ratings to be a 'regular' voter so you need to watch a lot of films!

Original post by JClive
Didn't realise we needed to use the green image to get on the leaderboard.

Here is mine:

Please add me!

It says not found but click on the box and it takes you to my list with 166/250!
Original post by JClive
I posted a while back that you need around 1300 ratings to be a 'regular' voter so you need to watch a lot of films!

It says not found but click on the box and it takes you to my list with 166/250!

You're saying that there are over 700,000 people who have watched more than 1300 films, voted for more than 1300 films and voted for The Shawshank Redemption?

Surely this is ridiculous? There's no way...
You're saying that there are over 700,000 people who have watched more than 1300 films, voted for more than 1300 films and voted for The Shawshank Redemption?

Provided I voted for every film I had watched, I could easily be a member of that group. The problem is, I never do.

I should really start doing that.
Reply 589

The number of ratings for a film is for EVERYONE, so yes 700,000 people rated Shawshank.

But the actual rating of the film is determined by regular raters/voters so several thousand at most.
Original post by JClive
The number of ratings for a film is for EVERYONE, so yes 700,000 people rated Shawshank.

But the actual rating of the film is determined by regular raters/voters so several thousand at most.

Oh right. Thanks. So I'm not a regular voter? Are you? And I've been reading about it on the website, where they say that they will not disclose it, so how do you know?

Also, instead of worrying so much about people rating certain films even though they haven't watched it, couldn't they just use the votes from people who have checked in those films, and written comments?
Original post by philistine
Provided I voted for every film I had watched, I could easily be a member of that group. The problem is, I never do.

I should really start doing that.

But you don't know how many votes are actually needed. JClive says it's 1300, and maybe I'm mistaken, but somewhere I saw the number 3000. But forget that.

Can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises!
Reply 592
But you don't know how many votes are actually needed. JClive says it's 1300, and maybe I'm mistaken, but somewhere I saw the number 3000. But forget that.

Can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises!

3,000 would be ridiculous...

I'm just over 1,000 now, I've probably seen a lot more just randomly on TV that I forgot and didn't vote on, by 3,000 is just wow.

So there it is, should say 52, but if it still say 34 then it's been broken for for a few weeks :frown:
Original post by danny111
3,000 would be ridiculous...

I'm just over 1,000 now, I've probably seen a lot more just randomly on TV that I forgot and didn't vote on, by 3,000 is just wow.

Yeah that's why I said don't listen to me. I personally think it shouldn't be more than 500, because you have to be a serious film watcher to be even bothered to come to this site that much.

Also, my bloody link still says 34!??!?! Click on it!
Reply 595

36 - not sure why it's saying not found :unsure:

Much more than I expected :lol: Mostly simply due to having brothers who put several of those films on...
Reply 596
Original post by aliluvschoc

36 - not sure why it's saying not found :unsure:

Much more than I expected :lol: Mostly simply due to having brothers who put several of those films on...

You have 36 films only and some of them are from randomly watching them with your brothers?!

You dont like movies much? :unimpressed:
Reply 597
You have 36 films only and some of them are from randomly watching them with your brothers?!

You dont like movies much? :unimpressed:

:colondollar:

I like movies really, quite a few I have seen are not on there.

I never watch movies alone though. I've recently come to realise that I alternate between periods of doing nothing at all (sleeping mainly) and then other periods of relative hyperactivity... doesn't really lend itself to watching movies :lol: I'd rather be walking all about town than sitting down to watch a film. Then I guess I wear myself out and have to go home to sleep it all off :lol:

However I do read an awful lot I suppose. I prefer that to having to commit to watching a whole film in one go. I suppose I have the attention span of a gold fish. :emo:
Reply 598
Original post by aliluvschoc
:colondollar:

I like movies really, quite a few I have seen are not on there.

I never watch movies alone though. I've recently come to realise that I alternate between periods of doing nothing at all (sleeping mainly) and then other periods of relative hyperactivity... doesn't really lend itself to watching movies :lol: I'd rather be walking all about town than sitting down to watch a film. Then I guess I wear myself out and have to go home to sleep it all off :lol:

However I do read an awful lot I suppose. I prefer that to having to commit to watching a whole film in one go. I suppose I have the attention span of a gold fish. :emo:

Ah, I love watching movies one my own. But I do know what you mean about attention span. I sometimes just fast forward the movies to skip the talking :biggrin:
Then stick to watching MMA...

Seriously when has a sports film ever lived up to expectations about the sport. I really loved The Blind Side, but that wasn't really about football was it?

I'm a boxing fan yet I love Rocky, The Hurricane, The Fighter etc.

I just thought it wasn't a good movie and am surprised at the critical reception it received. Was expecting so much more and was left disappointed. Love Tom hardy too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending