The Student Room Group

Canadian university application thread 2013 (UofT, UBC, McGill and all the rest)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizmoo0721
Hahah, I was actually thinking about this the other day,, I'm sure most of the time it's just cold and rainy, but mountains, oceans and whales still makes it beautiful!

I did my undergraduate degree at UBC. From around late Oct-mid November, it basically becomes an overcast city with constant drizzle until around February or March. The lowest temperature I experienced there (without windchill) was around -4. However, the positioning of the city is great for those who love winter sports. There is a ski club that organizes trips to Squamish/Whistler, and it is possible to ski at Grouse Mountain (around 2h from UBC main campus).

FYI, if you have early morning classes, the streetlights might have turned off. I had a few experiences (around 0830) where the streetlights were off, but it was dark enough that I could not tell the difference between the road and a puddle. You also might have to do some running. One of my classmates had a class at the north end of campus (Buchanan) and had to run to the Forestry building (about 1km).
Original post by zombiejon
I did my undergraduate degree at UBC. From around late Oct-mid November, it basically becomes an overcast city with constant drizzle until around February or March. The lowest temperature I experienced there (without windchill) was around -4. However, the positioning of the city is great for those who love winter sports. There is a ski club that organizes trips to Squamish/Whistler, and it is possible to ski at Grouse Mountain (around 2h from UBC main campus).

FYI, if you have early morning classes, the streetlights might have turned off. I had a few experiences (around 0830) where the streetlights were off, but it was dark enough that I could not tell the difference between the road and a puddle. You also might have to do some running. One of my classmates had a class at the north end of campus (Buchanan) and had to run to the Forestry building (about 1km).

I'm hoping to do my study abroad there, starting this september. I love rain, so it wouldn't be a problem for me really haha, but being that dark in the morning is quite bad lol, can they not turn streetlights on! What did you grad in? :smile:
Original post by lizmoo0721
I'm hoping to do my study abroad there, starting this september. I love rain, so it wouldn't be a problem for me really haha, but being that dark in the morning is quite bad lol, can they not turn streetlights on! What did you grad in? :smile:

I think it was more of a matter of timing. It was bright enough to be able to tell the curb from the road, but not enough to tell a puddle apart from the asphalt.\

My major there was general biology.
Does anyone know what the admissions office email for Mcgill is? I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find it, I have questions I need to ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending