The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manexopi
Guess im the only one not going for the straight up plate boundary divide?

I did it by size of landscape! At each landscape I said which plate boundary was present and then outlined the seismic and volcanic processes that's occured as result of then plate boundary movement. Used hotspots as a different form of tectonic process as oppose to straight up boundary movement which could also give rise to landforms, and then magma type was another factor and the topography of the land.

Waffled my way through tbh lol
Original post by awesomewarsome
I did it by size of landscape! At each landscape I said which plate boundary was present and then outlined the seismic and volcanic processes that's occured as result of then plate boundary movement. Used hotspots as a different form of tectonic process as oppose to straight up boundary movement which could also give rise to landforms, and then magma type was another factor and the topography of the land.

Waffled my way through tbh lol

I ended up doing it by boundary but mentioned scale through where applicable. I messed up though and read the wrong time so didn't write a conclusion so lost at least 11 marks straight up. Annoying because I didn't finish unit 3 either :L Goodbye university :biggrin:
Reply 822
Original post by megancopps
How did everyone find the tectonic part ?

i think it went alright, did it by the different plate boundarys and then a paragraph about other ones like hawaii, deccan plateau etc. didnt really subevaluate throughout much but did a bit and didnt write a long conclusion i just said that tectonic processes at plate boundaries have a much larger impact than hotspots and stuff
Reply 823
Anyone talk about erosion and weathering?
Original post by JPFM
Anyone talk about erosion and weathering?

Yeah I said how tectonic processes such as intrusive volcanic activity was the main reason in producing the landscapes however to expose the landscapes erosion is needed
I know this is now ages after the unit 4 exam but... how many marks do you guys think they'll take away for no referencing to sources throughout the report, like none of these e.g. (Smith, 2012)? Thanks x
Does anyone have a copy of the unit 3 exam? Or the exact questions ?
Original post by Emilymolly19
Does anyone have a copy of the unit 3 exam? Or the exact questions ?

Which questions have you done? As I have only jotted down the questions I did i.e Biodiversity and Tech Fix... But I have the entire Section B.

Biodiversity:
a) Suggest reasons for the positions of these countries on the forest transition curve. (10)
b) Assess the relative importance of different players in biodiversity conservation. (15)

Tech Fix:
a) Suggest reasons for the relationship between internet use and personal income. (10)
b) Assess the roles of different technologies in reducing threats of global warming on a global and local scale. (15)

Section B:
a) Compare the current strengths and weaknesses of the Chinese and Indian economies. (14)
b) To what extent does the political systems of China and India explain their SPI scores? (10)
c) What positions do you think China and India would be on the geopolitical hierarchy in 2030 and 2050? Justify your answer. (16)
I hope everyone did well!

Thanks for contributing to this thread :smile:
Missed out an A* by -1 UMS!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a D in this Exam...wtf I had high A's in all the other 3 papers this took me down to 1 ums below an A. I'm wondering whether I answered a whole question completely wrong or something :frown: I was hoping for an A* as well. I got into Bristol though thank god. So pissed off about this though, might retake it last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending