The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry what part of it is hyperbole?

Everything stated is factual.
Great debating skills you have there.
Original post by planetearth
Great debating skills you have there.

With all respect, you're the one who jumped in on this thread and ignored everything I said on previous pages to other users, just to throw accusations around that have already been dealt with. You are, therefore, wasting my time and are lacking the debating skill of being able to read the previous posts before raising non-points with me.
That would be because I did not want to read through the whole thread to read about your response to people on the subject of the Gaza flotilla. Although you may call this laziness, with all due respect, the people you were debating with didn't really know much about the subject themselves. As well as this, a personal response would help to add some clarity to all of it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Iron Mike
x

Why do you keep responding and then deleting your messages?
That would be because I did not want to read throught the whole thread to read about your response to people on the subject of the Gaza flotilla. Although you may call this laziness, with all due respect, the people you were debating with didn't really know much about the subject themselves. As well as this, a personal response would help to add some calrity to all of it.

I know how this is going to turn out: I'll say something opposed by the majority of readers of this thread and I'll get quoted to no end and have to spend the next week getting into the usual multi-quoting and arguing with idiots (I'm not talking about you by the way). I dealt with the claims of piracy here. I elaborated on the legality of a search in international waters here and here, and talked about who fired the first shot here. I also made a post a while back in my role as Israel rep for the MUN. I made a post here in response to ma3eeni and did a bit of copying and pasting here a while ago.
Even if your claims about piracy are true, is it right and legal for those who were innocent to have been killed?

And there is no evidence provided at all to suggest links with extremeist groups, Hamas, or evidence of the members of the flotilla possessing a firearms.
Reply 8
I thought you lot were going to self destruct or something? I've got the WKD on ice waiting.
Reply 9
Original post by borismor
One of the worst crimes of Zionism was the genocide against malaria.

Before 1948 malaria and Jews lived peacefully together in Palestine, but then the Zionists came and expelled malaria.

I think every peace settlement should include malaria's right of return.

correct me guys it im wrong...are u referring to the Palestinians as malaria?
Reply 10

And there is no evidence provided at all to suggest links with extremeist groups, Hamas, or evidence of the members of the flotilla possessing a firearms.

There's evidence of them being connected to certain ultra Zionist groups. The IDF tried to stop them from trying to deliver expired medicine to the people of Gaza, which could result in mass poisoning.
Original post by borismor
There's evidence of them being connected to certain ultra Zionist groups. The IDF tried to stop them from trying to deliver expired medicine to the people of Gaza, which could result in mass poisoning.

Funny.
Original post by MishMash1
correct me guys it im wrong...are u referring to the Palestinians as malaria?

No he's not.

He's trying to be sarcastic, but drastically failing.
Even if your claims about piracy are true, is it right and legal for those who were innocent to have been killed?

Under the pretty-much universially recognised rule of self-defence, yes.

There was at least one firearm considering that an IDF soldier got shot. You'll most likely just dismiss this as a biased source but it has been claimed that, "Some of the aid IHH gave the Palestinians was humanitarian, intended to ease the physical distress of the Palestinian population and improve its economic standing. However, some aspects of the aid, as described in the booklet, also clearly have political implications, such as the large amounts of money and equipment given to the Hamas administration in the Gaza Strip, donations of money to the families of shaheeds in the Gaza Strip and the construction of houses (possibly of terrorist operatives) to replace those destroyed by Israel in Judea and Samaria. The donations help Hamas' civilian network, which supports terrorism, and its educational system in the Gaza Strip, which indoctrinates the younger generation with radical Islam and sets them on the path of terrorism ("resistance"). In addition, IHH waged a propaganda campaign in Turkey during the years before Operation Cast Lead, contributing to Turkish hatred of Israel and sympathy for Hamas." Germany has banned the IHH for links to Hamas. A released Wikileaks file describes the IHH as, "a large NGO providing material assistance to Hamas". [NAME REMOVED] surprisingly said to the Assistant Secretary that he was not familiar with the NGO but would look into the matter. The same person whose name is removed from the cable states that Turkey and private Turks "sympathize with the needs of people in Gaza" and will send money directly to the people and work to "convince our Israeli friends to send help also". This is interesting too, as is this. A timeline of the raid with schmancy graphics is on YouTube and a J-Post article speaks of how "The chief of staff told MKs that in the case of the May flotilla, “we knew that there would be violence, but not intent to kill,” and that forensics experts were currently examining the origins of bullet casings found on the Mavi Marmara that did not come from any of the IDF-issued weapons used by the naval commandos." Furthermore, more research from the ITIC was made public.

There are numerous links within those posts I linked you to and this BBC documentary reveals some stuff too.
Reply 14
Funny.

That's very insensitive of you.

Ironic - yes, but not funny.
But if those 9 people were innocent, then the Israeli forces had not acted in "self defence".

Somehow I doubt that those 9 people, plus the other 30 wounded all attacked the Israeli soldiers.

A coincidence was it that there were no deaths on the Israeli sides?

Thanks for the other material by the way, I'll read through it when I have time.
Reply 16
But if those 9 people were innocent, then the Israeli forces had not acted in "self defence".

Somehow I doubt that those 9 people, plus the other 30 wounded all attacked the Israeli soldiers.

You're right, there were some who only stood and cheered.

Yeah, they really should have tried a little harder to get themselves killed, just to make it fair.

Thanks for the other material by the way, I'll read through it when I have time.

The soldiers were injured - one stabbed. The nine deaths were all amongst those who had attacked soldiers and beaten them when they landed on the ship.
Reply 18
And how do you justify the alleged organ harvesting that took place on board?

One of the survivors complained that he's missing a mole.
Assuming what you said is true, despite there being no evidence for saying that all 9 attacked the Israelis, what about the 30 wounded?